Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 18 - Tigers v Lions Fri July 16th 8:05pm (Metricon)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

it's so disappointing for the game to lose one of it's lamborghinis to a collision with a s-truck.

the game is struggling so badly for spectacle as it is, and Dusty was one of the few that could elevate, especially in finals. I guess Richmond won't make it without him anyway.

Robinson did nothing wrong and is a good player. It's tough news but that sort of response doesn't reflect well on you.

Daniher dives but he aint a Bombers player big fella. Riewoldt has been doing it for 300 games. Grimes the same.

You mean Joey Daniher has been doing it his whole career. He has been doing it at Essendon even bombers supporters admit it, the last few games daniher has been all over the media for diving he will always be a bomber diving protegee.

You do realise he was pushed yeah? He got off at the AFL tribunal as it was proven he was pushed.
Please show me jack doing it his whole career. Il be waiting. You're coming across like a salty Tossa.

Last edited:

Robinson did nothing wrong and is a good player. It's tough news but that sort of response doesn't reflect well on you.
What doesn't reflect well?

I can lament losing a player like to Dusty in a collison with a player like Robinson.

It is chalk and cheese what those two players represent, not just to Richmond but the whole competition.

Losing Dusty is a massive loss for the AFL promotions wise, and as I said, becasue in an era of generally horrendous game play, he has been able to elevate to another level that keeps people watching.

What doesn't reflect well?

I can lament losing a player like to Dusty in a collison with a player like Robinson.

It is chalk and cheese what those two players represent, not just to Richmond but the whole competition.

Losing Dusty is a massive loss for the AFL promotions wise, and as I said, becasue in an era of generally horrendous game play, he has been able to elevate to another level that keeps people watching.

That you're so angry/upset about Martin being injured that you've taken a completely unnecessary potshot at the other player involved, when he did absolutely nothing wrong. Particularly when he's obviously not a "s**t truck" as you so elegantly worded it, but a very good, uncompromising player whom any AFL club would find a spot for in its best 22.

Dustin Martin's obviously a superstar and I wish him a speedy recovery, but the game will be just fine without him. In fact, I wonder if you'd be able to find a single non-Richmond supporter who shares the concerns you have on that point.

That you're so angry/upset about Martin being injured that you've taken a completely unnecessary potshot at the other player involved, when he did absolutely nothing wrong. Particularly when he's obviously not a "sh*t truck" as you so elegantly worded it, but a very good, uncompromising player whom any AFL club would find a spot for in its best 22.

Dustin Martin's obviously a superstar and I wish him a speedy recovery, but the game will be just fine without him. In fact, I wonder if you'd be able to find a single non-Richmond supporter who shares the concerns you have on that point.
omg lol

yeah adverstisers fall over themselves to have players of Mitch Robinson's ilk on their books.

I remember all those promotions with Mitch in them, and all the incredible moments he has had on field.

No idea why anyone would want to run the line that all players are somehow the same.

Every team has s-trucks that are infinitely replaceable, get over it!

omg lol

yeah adverstisers fall over themselves to have players of Mitch Robinson's ilk on their books.

I remember all those promotions with Mitch in them, and all the incredible moments he has had on field.

No idea why anyone would want to run the line that all players are somehow the same.

What a bizarre stance to take. A player needs to meet a certain standard before they're worthy of running into Dusty?

It's a huge shame that Dusty got injured, and I definitely agree the game is poorer for not having players like him running around. But is your point that in that situation it would've been better if Robinson was the one that got injured cause he's less marketable for the AFL?

omg lol

"Get over it" - great advice.

I'll take a guess that the real issue you have with Robinson in particular is that he was one of the main Lions who was ruffling the Richmond players'
feathers last time. Martin copped a serious injury through a fair, hard football play. He'll be back.

What a bizarre stance to take. A player needs to meet a certain standard before they're worthy of running into Dusty?

It's a huge shame that Dusty got injured, and I definitely agree the game is poorer for not having players like him running around. But is your point that in that situation it would've been better if Robinson was the one that got injured cause he's less marketable for the AFL?
no that wasn't my point mate, I think people were looking for Tigers to be blaming Robinson, but we haven't, so someone tried to manufacture outrage where they could, in that case via some strange footballing communism.

for what it is worth, though they would never admit it, the AFL would wish Dusty had not come off second best in that collision. Most non-footy fans, if they could name two players at all, would name Buddy and Dusty. Value of players to the AFL is a Pareto distribution, with those two players values orders of magnitude above the average player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no that wasn't my point mate, I think people were looking for Tigers to be blaming Robinson, but we haven't, so someone tried to manufacture outrage where they could, in that case via some strange footballing communism.

for what it is worth, though they would never admit it, the AFL would wish Dusty had not come off second best in that collision. Most non-footy fans, if they could name two players at all, would name Buddy and Dusty. Value of players to the AFL is a Pareto distribution, with those two players values orders of magnitude above the average player.

:drunk:

it's so disappointing for the game to lose one of it's lamborghinis to a collision with a s-truck.

the game is struggling so badly for spectacle as it is, and Dusty was one of the few that could elevate, especially in finals. I guess Richmond won't make it without him anyway.

I think I can sum up my position in two (okay, three) points.
  • Mitch Robinson is far from a s**t truck.
  • Mitch Robinson did nothing wrong. Dustin Martin was injured by a good, hard, fair contest. Them's the breaks. And while we're at it...
  • Maybe it's just a coincidence that you're so worried about the spectacle for finals this year. Then again, I wonder whether you were concerned about the spectacle in late-July for the previous four years. Somehow I doubt it. The AFL finals were fine prior to Dusty and the Tigers bursting on to the scene in 2017 and the finals will be fine in 2021 without Dusty and with or without the Tigers.

:drunk:

I think I can sum up my position in two (okay, three) points.
  • Mitch Robinson is far from a sh*t truck.
  • Mitch Robinson did nothing wrong. Dustin Martin was injured by a good, hard, fair contest. Them's the breaks. And while we're at it...
  • Maybe it's just a coincidence that you're so worried about the spectacle for finals this year. Then again, I wonder whether you were concerned about the spectacle in late-July for the previous four years. Somehow I doubt it. The AFL finals were fine prior to Dusty and the Tigers bursting on to the scene in 2017 and the finals will be fine in 2021 without Dusty and with or without the Tigers.
ahhh so you didnt read my post properly?
No where did I say it was Mitch Robinson's fault.
I clearly discussed a collision between the two players.

Next time you back your Datsun into your Rolls Royce in your garage, and the Rolls gets a dint in it, but nothing on the Datsun, you will understand the feeling.

ahhh so you didnt read my post properly?
No where did I say it was Mitch Robinson's fault.
I clearly discussed a collision between the two players.

Next time you back your Datsun into your Rolls Royce in your garage, and the Rolls gets a dint in it, but nothing on the Datsun, you will understand the feeling.

So why did you feel the need to describe him as a s**t truck? Because it sure sounds like a sooky lash out at the first thing you could find.

He has 200 games and a B&F under his belt, which is more than 90% of players will achieve in their time on an AFL list. And, like I said, your side, my side, any side would find a spot for him in its best line up. You'd love him if he wore yellow and black. Stop kidding yourself.

So why did you feel the need to describe him as a sh*t truck? Because it sure sounds like a sooky lash out at the first thing you could find.

He has 200 games and a B&F under his belt, which is more than 90% of players will achieve in their time on an AFL list. And, like I said, your side, my side, any side would find a spot for him in its best line up. You'd love him if he wore yellow and black. Stop kidding yourself.
s trucks have a role! As the AFL-approved commentators said on the very night, he plays to hurt and puts fear in the opposition which is why he is really important to the Lions.

Off the field is another story, including calling Tom Lynch a 'w$#@%' and a mercenary at a live public event outside of footy, getting marched from Carlton etc.

Not a bloke that deserves your passionate defence imo!

He thought he was Steve McQueen but the Germans got him and put him in their ovens.

aPT1AGp.jpg
Pretty pathetic to crack a joke about that don’t you think?

Yeah, good call. You’re right. Laughing about putting little kids bodies in ovens is ok because the majority laughed at your sick joke. People like you laughing at innocent people who can’t defend themselves and being murdered is the definition of cowardice.

One person's black humour is another's sickness. So be it.

What is it about that you find humorous?

It was more about Charlie's motorbike. Found the picture and supplied a possible explanation for his disappearance. But if you want to make it about the concentration camps, go ahead.

Have a look through my posting and see what else you can necro. There's more controversial stuff than that!

It was more about Charlie's motorbike. Found the picture and supplied a possible explanation for his disappearance. But if you want to make it about the concentration camps, go ahead.

Have a look through my posting and see what else you can necro. There's more controversial stuff than that!
Of all the things you could come up with to crack a gag about though? It kind of is about the concentration camps though right? Because the Nazis weren’t cooking sausages in them to hand out for free.

I think people like you need some perspective on this stuff. You’re essentially joking about killing kids. Would you make a joke about the murder of Daniel Morcombe? Or the Bega school girl killings? Or are they off limits?

Back