Autopsy AFL 2021 ROUND 19 - Demons v Dogs Sat July 24th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Demos by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t care less. If we don’t win it this year. I still have great memories from 2016. And if we don’t win, we can lick our wounds and enjoy adding another top 3 talent in the draft via our father son. Bont, Macrae and Libba aren’t going anywhere. And baz, Naughton, Weightman and JUH are only going to get better. We aren’t going anywhere.
Need you guys to win it. Do not want to see Geelong salute and neither do most neutrals. Do us all a favour and get it done.

I almost cared about the free kick count until Ben Brown flopped and slotted one in the last quarter to give Melbourne a sniff. That softie was worth the 15 free kick difference in the end.

Beating the top side on the ladder who have literally no injuries while we have 6-8 best 22 out. While losing two players during the game is gutsy.
Not even close 🤦🏽‍♀️ A team with injuries and no luck with the rub of the green and manages to win is gutsy. You used your sub so the only player you were down was when Richards went down and the frees were 25-11.
I’m just not sure how that’s a gusty win haha

There’s still two players on the bench mate…. Alex Keath doesn’t disappear into thin air because Scott came into the ground.

Let’s take this nice and slow.

Start game with four on bench.

Lose Keath. Replaced by Scott.

Still four on the bench.

Lose Richards in the third quarter. Three on the bench from that point on.

Had two fewer bench rotations.

Enjoy the win but don’t sprout BS.

I love how the dogs fans have had the decency to not deny they're umpire favouring all much. This game only proves how little the dogs scare me in finals. We smashed them in dry weather with decent umpires only 2 months ago. Literally all we need to do is get decent umpires (which we would for finals) and the game is over. Not to mention Ben Brown hopefully kicking straight and it s another 40 point win.

That umpiring was borderline match fixing and I pay no respect to the dogs other than Bontempelli played well.

Geez, you're not asking for much. Not only do want perfect weather, Clown Brown to kick straight, but you also want the umpires not to favour the dogs?

You're probably better asking for a night in the sack with Margot Robbie. That at least would be somewhat achievable.

Very happy with that in challenging conditions and after being challenged several times. Great ball winning winning ability this team.

Dees not far away tough to play against.

Be nice to get through a game without any injuries. Cannot get best 22 on the ground.

There’s still two players on the bench mate…. Alex Keath doesn’t disappear into thin air because Scott came into the ground.
oh please delete this

Let's do the math.
4 players plus 1 medical sub
1 player gets injured so the medical sub comes on. Which means 4 players on the bench and 1 player injured
then another player gets injured so that means 3 players on the bench

Hope that clears it up for u x

Demons only won 1 of 5 the last 5 games so there is something going on and it's not injuries. Did they peak too soon or have teams found them out.

Not even close 🤦🏽‍♀️ A team with injuries and no luck with the rub of the green and manages to win is gutsy. You used your sub so the only player you were down was when Richards went down and the frees were 25-11.
We lost our most important player in Keath who’s a key defender. And was replaced by Anthony Scott who’s 180cms. Forced Schache to play key defense in his first ever game in entire career in the backline.

G
U
T
S
Y

3 votes Bont.
2 & 1 votes can be shared between the 3 umpires.

Melbourne are no threat deep in September. We had a number of our top 10 players out, our full back goes off injured early and 2 on the bench for the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing a full strength team, bar 1 player who isn’t exactly a star, whilst being without a minimum 5 best 22 players, losing our best defender and another to concussion with a quarter and a half to go? I’d say that’s gutsy, but I don’t think anyone can explain it because you appear to be plain dumb.

Let’s take this nice and slow.

Start game with four on bench.

Lose Keath. Replaced by Scott.

Still four on the bench.

Lose Richards in the third quarter. Three on the bench from that point on.

Had two fewer bench rotations.

Enjoy the win but don’t sprout BS.

Not just about pure numbers. Keath's value to our side and structure far outweighs Scott, a 1st year player.

Imagine losing by 20pts to a team losing their full back in the first quarter and another player down with a quarter and a half left

How did you have a player down? You had the umpire win 16 differential free kick possessions for you.
Demons only won 1 of 5 the last 5 games so there is something going on and it's not injuries. Did they peak too soon or have teams found them out.

goal kicking accuracy has been worse than ever. and also complacency against poor teams. Tonight we played okay but Ben Browns kicking cost us and the free kick count was just icing on top

when you get 16 more free kicks then yes, some will be there.

When you get 11 frees (most of which were make up free in the backline) there's going to be a lot more that were missed.

The Brayshaw one was right in front of goals. And the bailey smith one led to a goal. And the bontempelli drop was directly before the arsy English goal. So theres 3 goals. i'd suggest the 10 centre clearances awarded would equate to another 3 goals.

The umps could have paid more, Melbourne just kept infringing. I think you were very lucky. Melbourne very ill disciplined. You just need to get back to basics.

Not a lot between these two sides. I think if we meet again it’ll be 50/50. We had some good patches where we just couldn’t capitalise. Dogs on the other hand made the most of their chances. Happier tonight than I was with the draw last week.

Question. How many goals does the 25-11 free kick count equate to? Also, are you really gonna expect English to kick that goal ever again? You are also relying on us kicking horrendously again. And that could happen but if we kick straight, its a non contest. For the record you guys kicked straight tonight.

shouldnt Melbourne work on playing within the rules? Just stop infringing it’s easy.

Everyone posting the free kick count should be forced to post what they think the free kick count should have been. If they don't then the margin isn't an argument by itself.

Are they suggesting that in every AFL game, both teams break the laws and exactly equal amount of time?

Back