Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 19 - Lions v Suns Sat July 24th 3:10pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

• Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Suns by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires being given a strict directive to make sure Gold Coast win.
i get that there are times where it feels like all the calls are going the other way. We've all felt that at some point but does anyone actually believe that umpires are told to get a team a win? Fwiw 3 free kicks in a row to Brisbane, 2 inside 50. We calling that an umpire mutiny or did the AFL change the directive?

For first time in a few years Lions cop a couple of injuries to their better players and they fall apart. They will never win a flag with current team, their best chance was last year when AFL tried to gift it to them
If it wasn't for Queensland you idiot, there wouldn't have been a season at all.

If it wasn't for Queensland you idiot, there wouldn't have been a season at all.
Brisbane could have been forced to play some games in Adelaide and Perth to make it more fair, but nope AFL wanted to gift them a flag to help the game in QLD

Zorko just watched as Cameron took on 3 Suns. Shithouse defensive efforts from Rich and Lester before. Lions are running out of time to save their season here IMHO.

Absolutely no spark, no defensive effort, no desire. Lions are shot.
It's pretty staggering because you see this from young sides all the time, but it's not like it's only Brisbane's youngsters are misfiring. The biggest drop-offs have come from senior players.

Defence is also way too slow for where the game is headed IMO.

For first time in a few years Lions cop a couple of injuries to their better players and they fall apart. They will never win a flag with current team, their best chance was last year when AFL tried to gift it to them
And the year before they finished 2nd due to an easy draw. Thankfully both years they were found out in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Payne also put in a pathetic effort when King last the last goal Suns goal.
Looked like none of the Lions were really interested in winning that contest. Reeked of youth football and players just cracking in to make it look like they made an effort.

NFI what Andrews was thinking going to ground and not even coming close to impacting the contest.

Suns scored 6.3 that quarter from 11 entries. This form reversal from Brisbane in the last month is astounding.

Lions play worse when Neale is in, regardless their other mids have been well beaten recently as a collective. It's all effort and it just isn't there which is strange as i don't understand why one would turn up and put in a half assed effort.

On the flip side, great to see Gold Coast getting some reward for the year.

Brisbane could have been forced to play some games in Adelaide and Perth to make it more fair, but nope AFL wanted to gift them a flag to help the game in QLD
:rolleyes: so basically you are telling everyone the AFL Administration in 2020 was corrupt? :rolleyes:

Lions play worse when Neale is in, regardless their other mids have been well beaten recently as a collective. It's all effort and it just isn't there which is strange as i don't understand why one would turn up and put in a half assed effort.

I don’t believe Neale is the problem. There appears to now be a team wide acceptance to not defend without the football. I have no idea why. It is not personnel based, it’s an attitude.

How many at the Gabba?
What does that matter? If WC get half their games in Mandurah and other half at Optus that is still a huge advantage, same with Adelaide playing half their games at AAMI Stadium and half at Adelaide Oval. Quit trying to make excuses and admit that is what occurred.

Brisbane played 14 games in QLD out of 17. WC played 7 games in WA out of 17.

14 out of 17....that is unheard of
Yeah with their phenomenal record at the Metricon what an advantage that is.

You sooking up every Brisbane thread with this shite is getting pathetically embarrassing. Close to the most flogging at a dead horse I've seen on this site which is some achievement.

What does that matter? If WC get half their games in Mandurah and other half at Optus that is still a huge advantage, same with Adelaide playing half their games at AAMI Stadium and half at Adelaide Oval. Quit trying to make excuses and admit that is what occurred.
We weren’t good enough to win the flag, why do you care so much? We didn’t win cause we weren’t a good enough team.

Yeah with their phenomenal record at the Metricon what an advantage that is.

You sooking up every Brisbane thread with this sh*te is getting pathetically embarrassing. Close to the most flogging at a dead horse I've seen on this site which is some achievement.
Read where these posts started....

Well, one thing is for sure, in the past 3 weeks the Lions have managed to go from a flag favourite to a team of scrubbers. There is no way they can chalk that up to losing Hipwood. Haven't seen Fagan on the TV at half time, maybe he has cracked the shits, jumped in his car and gone home :huh:

Back