Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 19 - Port v Pies Fri July 23rd 7:10pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Pies by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was at this game, right about now I'd be in the toilets filling up two schooners worth of piss and heading straight for the umpires race
Whilst hilarious - no you wouldn’t; you’d be on the Werribee train home at 3qtr time without a mask calling the cops pigs when they ask you to put it on

Well. What a game. Port are top 4 with a chance of securing a home final but they don't look like the team they were last year. They look like they are limping and getting it done against teams outside the 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

confirms my thoughts of Port. Worst team in the 4.

If only there was some sort of ranking system that could verify this. 😉

I'm over the way we enter forward 50, I'm over the way opposition gets the ball out and we are nowhere to be found, I'm over the fact that we have one of the best teams on paper and we offer up absolute dribble. I guess the plus side is we're 4th with plenty of room to improve. Will we though? I doubt it unless something radically changes.

confirms my thoughts of Port. Worst team in the 4.
Lucky enough to not play Melb, Bulldogs and Geel in Melbourne this year, but we're 6-0 there so far.
I don't care how sh*t we all think Port Adelaide are, a 13-5 record suggest that there are 13 teams worse than us.

I think majority of Collingwood supporters would be happy with the team performance tonight, especially after losing the on-field coach in Pendles early in a 22 fielding about half a dozen players under 10 AFL games.

Initially was concerned by Ollie Henry’s first couple of AFL games, but his last couple have absolutely put that to rest. After the last 2 weeks, would probably be one of the most exciting of the kids drafted last year. I reckon once he cracks the 50 game mark, he’ll be a nightmare for opposition defences.

Trent Bianco is Scott Pendlebury’s replacement. The kid has similar nous, awareness and composure with footy in hand. Doesn’t look like he’ll be able to weave through traffic like Pendles, but very few can. He’s the one youngster I’m most confident will become a 200 gamer.

Caleb Poulter has done everything asked of him as an 18 year old in his first season. Averaged 15+ possessions a game on a wing and knows how to support both sides of the field.

Fin Macrae is clearly very much like his brother. Knows how to find the pill and will accumulate consistently. His disposal is atrocious though - hopefully he can rectify this with more experience.

Trey Ruscoe reminds me a little of JDG in that he has a strong core, takes the opposition on, and backs himself to escape the congestion. Obviously not the same quality but pleasing signs for him in defence as a 19 year old.

Still early days with the two debutants in Ginnivan and Tohill - can’t tell where they’re at.

One of my favourites should be back in the next couple of weeks - Beau McCreery. Was leading the competition for tackles inside 50 before pinging a hammy and loves a goal.

These guys complement the Brown bros, Josh Daicos, Isaac Quaynor, John Noble and Nathan Murphy. Add in Nick Daicos next year and things look alright.

The future isn’t as bleak for the Pies as people may like to believe

Back