Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 19 - Port v Pies Fri July 23rd 7:10pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

• Port by a lot

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Pies by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SuperSteele22

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Game pretty much went went as I expected it to for the most part. They did what they needed to do however I can't see them posing a huge threat to some of the more elite outfits at the pointy end. Jordan Roughead can probably consider himself pretty stiff to be on the wrong end of several questionable calls against Dixon

PrisonBars4life

Club Legend
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
[/QUOTE]

Collingwood finished 6th last year, that is how.
Yeah it is weird how the minor premier from the season prior has the softest fixture.

It's weird how every Adelaide supporter is a moron. Collingwood and St Kilda finished 5/6th last year. Can't help that the two teams that are our 'tough' double ups are struggling this year and we can't help that you suck because you are a mandatory double up. Interesting to hear the same from the pack of losers over the road last week. We were 4th having played our 1st double up for the year, against a team playing for finals, FIFO, with half our team injured. All we hear from Crows supporters is about the fixture. Had to play one of our home games at a ground another team uses as its 2nd home ground. Will likely be in Melbourne for a few more weeks playing several teams from Vic. Port getting looked after with fixturing my dick.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good win for a rebuilding Port side.
View attachment 1184997
Would be very concerned for Pies TBQH.
We’ve won a flag and lost a GF since you were last contenders, and I dare say we’ll be back in contention before your mob will even be considered a real threat.

You guys ain’t near it and will struggle to finish top 4. Bookmark it if you’d like.

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think majority of Collingwood supporters would be happy with the team performance tonight, especially after losing the on-field coach in Pendles early in a 22 fielding about half a dozen players under 10 AFL games.

Initially was concerned by Ollie Henry’s first couple of AFL games, but his last couple have absolutely put that to rest. After the last 2 weeks, would probably be one of the most exciting of the kids drafted last year. I reckon once he cracks the 50 game mark, he’ll be a nightmare for opposition defences.

Trent Bianco is Scott Pendlebury’s replacement. The kid has similar nous, awareness and composure with footy in hand. Doesn’t look like he’ll be able to weave through traffic like Pendles, but very few can. He’s the one youngster I’m most confident will become a 200 gamer.

Caleb Poulter has done everything asked of him as an 18 year old in his first season. Averaged 15+ possessions a game on a wing and knows how to support both sides of the field.

Fin Macrae is clearly very much like his brother. Knows how to find the pill and will accumulate consistently. His disposal is atrocious though - hopefully he can rectify this with more experience.

Trey Ruscoe reminds me a little of JDG in that he has a strong core, takes the opposition on, and backs himself to escape the congestion. Obviously not the same quality but pleasing signs for him in defence as a 19 year old.

Still early days with the two debutants in Ginnivan and Tohill - can’t tell where they’re at.

One of my favourites should be back in the next couple of weeks - Beau McCreery. Was leading the competition for tackles inside 50 before pinging a hammy and loves a goal.

These guys complement the Brown bros, Josh Daicos, Isaac Quaynor, John Noble and Nathan Murphy. Add in Nick Daicos next year and things look alright.

The future isn’t as bleak for the Pies as people may like to believe

Collingwood board

Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t mind Port, hopefully Gray comes back in - he is a superstar. One of my favourites to watch in full flight.
Definitely an open season.

Yeah I hate losing, but going into this game I had no expectation of winning especially when Pendlebury went down and we brought on Cox as the sub. Pretty happy with the young fellas going forward think we have found a few. Just need to fill in a few blanks.

All the best Port.

PrisonBars4life

Club Legend
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Says a Port supporter called "PrisonBars4life", either you love doing time or you're very confused, because they are wharf pylons not prison bars.

Please tell us why our fixture is so soft and 'weird'? We finished 3rd and of 5 double ups, we get to play the teams that finished 5th, 6th, 8th, 11th and 18th from last year, and the 18th was mandatory and we/ the AFL cant help the fact that you keep on sucking. There are 7 top 8 sides from last year that aren't us. 4 have dropped away quite a bit. You made the stupid comment, you defend it.

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Please tell us why our fixture is so soft and 'weird'? We finished 3rd and of 5 double ups, we get to play the teams that finished 5th, 6th, 8th, 11th and 18th from last year, and the 18th was mandatory and we/ the AFL cant help the fact that you keep on sucking. There are 7 top 8 sides from last year that aren't us. 4 have dropped away quite a bit. You made the stupid comment, you defend it.

No, you were minor premiers, you finished 1st at the end of the home and away season.

I don't need to defend anything. :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Go have a whinge elsewhere. You guys whinge when Crows supporters post, and now you’re whinging when an opposition supporter is commenting on the performance of the opposition players. World doesn’t revolve around your side. If you don’t like it, go to the Port board.

You’ve written a lengthy essay on a team that was handily beaten by a disjointed port side. Not one mention of the opposition. Just an opus on how good the older, racist, losing side was.

Collingwood echo chamber

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One day you’ll settle on a jumper. Hopefully you’ll still be in the AFL when that happens.

One day Collingwood will accept we live in a nation where people will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

PrisonBars4life

Club Legend
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One day you’ll settle on a jumper. Hopefully you’ll still be in the AFL when that happens.

Would have thought you would be less lippy after we beat you for the 2nd time for the year, with your club in disarray, having had the worst off season of a club (just about ever), with your former cheer squad leader facing child sex offence charges, and with one of your players facing rape charges. Maybe that is just me though.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’ve written a lengthy essay on a team that was handily beaten by a disjointed port side. Not one mention of the opposition. Just an opus on how good the older, racist, losing side was.

Collingwood echo chamber
What a pathetic loser you are. Even after your side won, you’re clearly the loser here tonight lol

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Port invited the umpires into the rooms to sing the song, well if they didn’t they should have, I’m no umpire basher but FMD, probably cost us 4 goals, would not have changed the result as Port seemed to play when they felt like it but frustrating all the same.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Port invited the umpires into the rooms to sing the song, well if they didn’t they should have, I’m no umpire basher but FMD, probably cost us 4 goals, would not have changed the result as Port seemed to play when they felt like it but frustrating all the same.
Sadly that is the standard of umpiring these days. Dixon got a couple of cheap ones but Bergman was robbed of a mark 5m out. It’s almost to the point where if you can say umpiring didn’t change the result it’s a win.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Game pretty much went went as I expected it to for the most part. They did what they needed to do however I can't see them posing a huge threat to some of the more elite outfits at the pointy end. Jordan Roughead can probably consider himself pretty stiff to be on the wrong end of several questionable calls against Dixon

Yeah Roughead had a tough night with the officials.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Agree re a couple of them for sure. Mind you holding the ball has been lost for me, what do actually have to do to be pinged these days?

Back