Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 20 - Bombers v Swans Sun August 1st 3:10pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Papley stood the mark and stood when told. Not sure the umpire can decide for a team who takes the mark if two players are in position.

Papley was miles from where the mark was taken though.

My point is it’s impossible to adjudicate consistently and it hasn’t improved the flow of the game so what is its value add other than to make the game more difficult to umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More than 30% of Parish's disposals have been score involvements.
Yeah, going inside 50 he isn’t actually bad - it’s a chaos ball everytime which isn’t a bad thing. You’d rather that than have somebody who tries to pierce a pass and it gets intercepted.

His field kicking is just no good though, but he can win the footy and you’d rather it in your hands than not. I’d just rather it in his hands over any other essendon midfielder.. (as a Carlton supporter)

Merrett has a higher disposal efficiency, higher kick to handball ratio, more score involvements and more than 200m more meters gained. From less possessions.

Also, that’s not to say Parish can’t clean it up. Winning the footy is harder than kicking the thing.

Yeah, going inside 50 he isn’t actually bad - it’s a chaos ball everytime which isn’t a bad thing. You’d rather that than have somebody who tries to pierce a pass and it gets intercepted.

His field kicking is just no good though, but he can win the footy and you’d rather it in your hands than not. I’d just rather it in his hands over any other essendon midfielder..
Shiel?

I'm loving this contest, about time we got a game like this.

Back