Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 20 - Bombers v Swans Sun August 1st 3:10pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, what are you expecting? Swans are practically a top 4 side, at full strength. Not much more effort wise we could've given. We aint good enough yet. Simple! Most pundits had us bottom 4 this year. I'll take where we are at present.
We literally have one player on our injury list and you have the younger team so yeah, fair effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 weeks in a row we have been in a winning position with a finals spot up for grab and failed twice

Not good enough

Not blowing our trumpet here mate but your guys were pretty bloody good. Like us you were tipped bottom 2-4. Experience the difference. Play the game again next year different result.

Thrashed by Geelong,Lions,Port,Tigers and most likely Dogs next week but yep we have been competitive

Dude...I reckon you are easily the most relentlessly negative poster on BF, and that is saying something.

This is meant to be fun...chill the * out, you'll live longer.

Nah I don't see It still see us doing the same mistakes we do every year

That's fair enough. I have said that the last 3 years before this about our mob. Same skill errors, s**t decision making and a failure to stand up. Now out of the blue some real improvement that will have us right in it next year. It will happen alot quicker for you blokes than you think.

Exactly. Club has no heart.
Will lose by 80 next week.
Would rather we start culling the deadwood and move on even if it means bottom 4 next year.

- Tackling coach
- Skills coach
- Defensive coach
- More players who can bust a gut both ways

These are the things we need.

I've counted about 6-7 times where Swans were able to move the ball coast to coast uncontested for a goal been happening all year and we still haven't addressed it

Thrashed by Geelong,Lions,Port,Tigers and most likely Dogs next week but yep we have been competitive
Tigers, Cats hardly "thrashings" a few junk goals late from the tigers in that game inflated the result.
Both Brisbane and Port losses happened early in the year and both interstate.
Been without a good portion of our midfield group for extended periods this year (Draper, Shiel, Caldwell, McGrath).
Second youngest list in the comp (or there abouts)
Still hilding onto spuds like Cutler, Ham Gleeson etc.....depth is not yet where it needs to be so hardly have a choice here.
Hooker, Hurley (to AA's) both now seemingly cooked.

Clearly you have overrated us a tad here if you didn't expect something similar in terms of where we sit. The doom and gloom you spread is laughable.

- Tackling coach
- Skills coach
- Defensive coach
- More players who can bust a gut both ways

These are the things we need.

I've counted about 6-7 times where Swans were able to move the ball coast to coast uncontested for a goal been happening all year and we still haven't addressed it
Yep, the coast to coast thing is beyond a joke now. We would lead the comp in goals going untouched from end to end. Our defence to kick ins is pathetic at both ends.
And enough of the zone crap, we can’t continue to let sides take uncontested marks everywhere.

Back