Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 20 - Pies v Eagles Sat July 31st 4:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Pies by a lot

• Eagles by a lot

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Ok Pies, you can go home now.
No way the Eagles are getting close, even if you're not there.

Eagles, please play like this when you meet Freo next. kthxbai

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If this is indeed the game plan that the Eagles are being asked to play, what then does it say about the onfield group, a group that has largely won a flag together and has a heap of experience, that they can’t look around at what is happening and change their approach.

how you could just put the blame on the coach after what this group has dished up today is beyond me

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
If this is indeed the game plan that the Eagles are being asked to play, what then does it say about the onfield group, a group that has largely won a flag together and has a heap of experience, that they can’t look around at what is happening and change their approach.

how you could just put the blame on the coach after what this group has dished up today is beyond me
Because it has happened a number of times this year already. Simpson doesn't change anything and expects different results - he is a putrid afl coach

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t have any leaning to either of these teams but I actually seriously feel for Eagles fans watching this. This is utterly ******* abysmal

Each to their own but I haven't felt less invested in a WC season for a long time. Which is weird when you consider we are 10-8 and still a chance of finishing 5th or 6th.

The same team that almost beat WB in Melbourne then played Port off the park with a half of footy turns in 'efforts' like this on the reg. I know we've had a lot of injuries but we showed more in the first half of the season than we have since players started coming back. We play a one dimensional, one way brand of footy and have no plan B. We kick backwards and sideways, move the ball slowly, have no overlap run, make fundamental errors under no pressure, we're last in tackles and last in uncontested possessions conceded...

Easy from the cheap seats but we look like a team that is easy to play against and easy to coach against.

BartBart

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 30, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Because it is the 5th or 6th time this season... which says it is the coaching. The coach could instruct them to play a different way, drop senior players who aren't playing how he wants, etc.

They are playing how Simpsons wants.

You wait... we will hear about disposal issues, "things are never as bad as they seem, and not as good as they seem in wins", etc. and no-one of consequence gets dropped.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve never seen someone love their job more than David Rodan.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Well since you can't really sack all the players, so perhaps have to sack the coach. More than a few times this year the Eagles performance has been flat out unacceptable. Do they have seven AA players out there today?
McGovern, Gaff, Kelly, Naitanui, Kennedy, Darling, Hurn and Sheppard are all out there. Think they have all been AA at one point at least? So that's 8. Simpson is a joke at this stage...

Back