Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 21 - Cats v Giants Fri August 6th 7:50pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Giants by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you joking? Seen our outs?
Not sure why I have to keep saying this, our depth is garbage. So because of that the replacement players are complete potatoes.

Your teams ability to cover outs does not mean we can as well. My comment has nothing to do with GWS and everything to do with the Cats lack of depth.

You clearly have better depth then us, and that’s good for you.

Geelong played poorly because we hit a critical mass of Potatoes that shouldn’t even be on an AFL list let alone on an AFL field.

Over the moon with that win.
Had all the excuses tonight.
A win in Geelong at any time is tough, on a 5 day break with that many outs was terrific.
The kids had a real crack.
Sam Taylor take a bow, he was enormous. He is great for us week on week, still flies under the radar.

Not sure why everyone is writing the Cats off. A bad night on the scoreboard, but had loads of the ball. Got loads of class and spirit. Selwood is amazing is his ability to lift the team even when they look down and out and nearly did it again tonight. Move on to next week to sow up a spot in the top 4.........

Over the moon with that win.
Had all the excuses tonight.
A win in Geelong at any time is tough, on a 5 day break with that many outs was terrific.
The kids had a real crack.
Sam Taylor take a bow, he was enormous. He is great for us week on week, still flies under the radar.

Great win for GWS, outplayed us on our home deck comprehensively.

Not sure why everyone is writing the Cats off. A bad night on the scoreboard, but had loads of the ball. Got loads of class and spirit. Selwood is amazing is his ability to lift the team even when they look down and out and nearly did it again tonight. Move on to next week to sow up a spot in the top 4.........

BF runs to write us off every time we lose a game...has been that way for a decade....

Sometimes there's a "loss you have to have" to give the group a kick up the ass and remind them they need to be committed and focussed each week. Geelong would be hoping this was it and they can turn it around from here.

Yeah, it can be written off if there's a strong response next week, but wow, that was putrid. Looked like the Cats were up for a bruise free win and if Holmes had converted that simple opportunity when Geelong was dominating at the start, perhaps we go on with it. Probably would have been favoured to pinch it if Clark hadn't butchered his effort going into time on in the fourth.

But it looks a bit worst case scenario right now. Injuries, likely suspension, multiple players seemingly not interested in a scrap for four points against a team playing for its season. We'll see what they dish up next week I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BF runs to write us off every time we lose a game...has been that way for a decade....
Every time Melbourne or bulldogs lose a game it means we are cooked and writes us off for the year. Welcome to the club! I still believe Geelong will be in the grand final. Gws played very good and Geelong just couldn’t stop it. It happens. Just like when we lost to Adelaide, Collingwood and the dogs. They played better, we didn’t and they deserved the win. We are still in the top 4. when you win the next week you’re back to being in contention to win the flag.. I don’t get it but it is what it is

Every time Melbourne or bulldogs lose a game it means we are cooked and writes us off for the year. Welcome to the club! I still believe Geelong will be in the grand final. Gws played very good and Geelong just couldn’t stop it. It happens. Just like when we lost to Adelaide, Collingwood and the dogs. They played better, we didn’t and they deserved the win. We are still in the top 4. when you win the next week you’re back to being in contention to win the flag.. I don’t get it but it is what it is

Meh just supporters of other clubs salty that they are not top 4. Will see your lot in the finals!

Wouldn't you know it. Just as the game started I was called away. Got score updates throughout. Very surprising result. There are lots of green shoots out West I think.

Not the end of the world losing a game or 2 this time of year. A stark reminder. A kick up the posterior. A moderate awakening. A wake up call. The loss should strengthen Cats resolve and prospects this year.

Never does.
He made 3 prelims and a GF and every one thinks he is a Muppet.
It is very pleasing that Leon has stood up against the railing against him, and reshaped the team and the optimism at the club. Quietly resilient is Leon. Yeah, but don't expect any credit.

When is the AFL going to actually do something about Toby Greene. The bloke is such a piece of sh*t. Should be playing bush league for marragwaya the way he throws elbows and sticks studs in peoples faces. It’s a game of footy not 3am outside men’s gallery. Weaselfu** little turd of a thing he is.
Lol

Not true. We are no guarantee to beat west coast and you’ve had a bad night. Way off the pace is an overreaction.
I haven't thought they were any good all year, lack of development, injuries, undisciplined and not basically good enough. Their ladder position was always flattering.

Not true. We are no guarantee to beat west coast and you’ve had a bad night. Way off the pace is an overreaction.
On current form I don't see West Coast beating anybody

Sometimes there's a "loss you have to have" to give the group a kick up the ass and remind them they need to be committed and focussed each week. Geelong would be hoping this was it and they can turn it around from here.
Tuohy & Rohan out for a month with hamstrings. Danger in hospital, Selwood will be suspended and a bunch of young players who want out next season? The Cats drew their own line and are cooked!

Back