Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 23 - Dogs v Port Fri August 20th 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, and that as well (i.e. selections). Do you guys think you should have played Stefan Martin? Genuine question because you guys probably know better than me with this

Not sure Stef Martin is fit. We have another young ruck named Jordan Sweet who could have come in at any point since Martin went down. He's no world beater but he's an actual ruckman.

Close....

Youre a clearly talented team that deliberately stages to exaggerate high tackles and throws balls out of packs to exploit the leagues desire to clear congestion, those tactics have turned me from a neutral into someone who doesn't think the Dogs should win anything on the back of that (1 flag was enough and I'm not alone)

Clear enough?

That's rich coming from a Port follower. My team was reamed by your side recently with Port players getting away with murder while the umpires rarely if at all called a free against. There were a ton of pushes in the back at either end of the ground and nothing, play on. Only watched the last quarter tonight but saw in the highlights the staging after the sling tackle that didn't hurt the port player. Disgraceful.

Now i do agree with you with your dogs thoughts as it's common knowledge on a consistency basis they got the best ride from the umpires of all until last night. Cats have been a disgrace for a long time with Selwood and Hawkins leading the charge. Brisbane has Daniher who doesn't even try to disguise his superman staging dives.

Demons are the only worthy flag winners.

Hilarious BT in the last 5 minutes of the game talking it up as some sort of classic… was one of the most unispiring games I’ve watched all year.. boring, slow and poor skills.. and I’m a crows supporter, believe me, I’ve watched some sh*t games of footy this year.

Was going to say something similar, was a very underwhelming game, had a rediculous amount of basic skill errors under 0 pressure.

The most frustrating part of following us at the moment is the self sabotage with selection week in week out. Our coach shows no respect to the ruck role and it blows up in our face 5-6 times a year.

The thing that was telling is your rucks weren't even able to go with Lycett around the ground. 40HO, 22 disp. Lycett is pretty handy with the ball as well so he just butchered you all night.

The thing that was telling is your rucks weren't even able to go with Lycett around the ground. 40HO, 22 disp. Lycett is pretty handy with the ball as well so he just butchered you all night.

Been a common theme since Martin went down. Doubly so since Bruce went out.

We've tried to lay 3 talls all year with good results. Since Bruce went down Bevo had been catastrophically experimental with our structure.

Option A. would have been to bring in a ruck and play English forward as the 3rd tall with Naughton and Jamarra.

Option B. Would have been to bring in a tall forward and play English as 1st ruck.

Bevo has gone with option Z and decided to drop our 2nd tall forward and play with a defender as a ruckman.

Bloke is crazy at times.

I've been trolling on this topic so I offer that up in advance but honestly as a neutral I was converted into this cohort of people enjoying Dogs losses simply because I genuinely do not like the disingenuous way you play footy

For a team so clearly laden with talent I do not understand why so many of your players look to draw a free that isn't there or throw a ball at every opportunity

Im not having a crack this is honestly as i see it

As a fan of a team with less success than we would like agree with your points but you have to acknowledge this is what drives people against the dogs
There was more incorrect disposal from Port last night than any dogs players. Not sure throwing is a Bulldogs specific problem, does Robbie Gray know how to close his fist?

No it doesn't because the Lions are at 132.7 just 0.1% behind them.
Think of it this way, if Brisbane don't at least match their percentage by scoring at least 132.7% of West Coast's score than their overall percentage will go down. Not sure the maths quite works out but it's close enough.

Option B. Would have been to bring in a tall forward and play English as 1st ruck.

This to me would have made the most sense since Jamarra is a forward but for some reason, it kinda looks like Beveridge either doesn't like him much, or is reluctant to play him

Why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port won literally every meaningful stat. Just a bizarre take. If we kicked straight, it was a 4-5 goal win.
Don't think so , stats well really in this game they get counted for just blinking at the ball .
I haven 't diced Port but I thought they'd lose all night then it just changed , and the Dogs didn't get too far in front, but looked a bit sharper. So that is what I meant about finals, when the pressure goes up, Chrlie didn't have the greatest night, but you may get a home final.I guess finding out a couple of bad things now and fixing it is better for next week?

lol.. ok

right oh pal.
FROM THE 1ST QUARTER DOMINATED? WHAT??? I might concede stayed close but never dominated until Footscray went to sleep for the last 5 minutes, pretty poor the dogs lately but if what you think is dominating , and scrounging a win , well you are indeed a positive thinker. I personally look at games like that as close escapes, and you must always look at your opponent , you are nothing without good opponent s , I bet your coach knows who are good opponents , he looked pretty frazzled during that game when the camera panned to him. But if he thinks like you do, 1st quarter stuff??? Then whoever you play next week you'll just walk over, and inch is worth a mile, but you have to plan for the next one. You Port folk seem to have won the flag today.
Good Luck you might . Heaven knows you deserve one, being that close yet that far!

That's rich coming from a Port follower. My team was reamed by your side recently with Port players getting away with murder while the umpires rarely if at all called a free against. There were a ton of pushes in the back at either end of the ground and nothing, play on. Only watched the last quarter tonight but saw in the highlights the staging after the sling tackle that didn't hurt the port player. Disgraceful.

Now i do agree with you with your dogs thoughts as it's common knowledge on a consistency basis they got the best ride from the umpires of all until last night. Cats have been a disgrace for a long time with Selwood and Hawkins leading the charge. Brisbane has Daniher who doesn't even try to disguise his superman staging dives.

Demons are the only worthy flag winners.
Did we get the rub thst day yea we did I remember but totally disagree if you think that’s on par with what the doggies have been doing for ages, they’ve been getting that sort of ride all year against everyone!

if we can’t win I hope the Dees do it

Back