Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Eagles v Port Sat April 3rd 8:10pm AEDT (Optus) BF Eagles Podcast Link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Port by a goal or less

• Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

• Port by a lot

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You referring to the 1987 original song?
I actually loved the original! I remember watching the 1994 GF as a kid and singing it loud with my dad when they beat Geelong.
"For years they took, the best of us"

Watch "West Coast Eagles original theme song (Lyrics)" on YouTube

This should really be the song.

Thanks for posting this.

You referring to the 1987 original song?
I actually loved the original! I remember watching the 1994 GF as a kid and singing it loud with my dad when they beat Geelong.
"For years they took, the best of us"

Watch "West Coast Eagles original theme song (Lyrics)" on YouTube

The bass-line is so ******* sick tho.

There was plenty of throws in this game by both teams ignored

Its a blight on the game.
Yep i absolutely hate this.

Sympathise with the umps becausr it is incredibly hard to spot, but imo it should be treated like staging- if video replays show someone deliberately threw the ball in close and got away with it, they should initially cop a fine and repeat offenders should be suspended.

Sympathise with the umps becausr it is incredibly hard to spot, but imo it should be treated like staging- if video replays show someone deliberately threw the ball in close and got away with it, they should initially cop a fine and repeat offenders should be suspended.
You can't suspend someone for incorrect disposal. That's ridiculous.

They never had a problem calling them as throws in days gone by

They never had a problem calling them as throws in days gone by
It's definitely a directive to "keep the game moving", a lot of the absolute trash we see can be laid at the foot of this altar. Incorrect disposal, pinging blokes htb with no prior because the ball stops moving etc.

West Coast are extremely late to the throw party if anything. We should be doing a lot more of it, given the way the game is being adjudicated.

Gee it has been easy for Eagles fans in the last decade, as we usually play an attractive brand of football win (most often) or lose. Ala the 2018 PF first half, that was one for the vault. Felt like the opponent wasn't even out there in the first half, a side who has lead the ladder for 20 consecutive rounds of football. We have enough decent players in the side right now that a few scratchy individual performances can be worked around.

Nice to see Jamie Cripps back to his deadly finishing self. Petrucelle still a passenger liability but he got involved more and did some nice springy things, you can see the pressure link-up assist which Simpson is trying to get out of him, also felt he was a bit unlucky with the umps. Sad to see the Shuey injury, as he returned admirably and ads that hero factor that can be the difference between a contender and premier. Nice to see Gaffy and Redden getting back into full throttle engine action, and Brander showing some initiative got some man love from Darce.

Port battling on in the second half was a little annoying but expected (that Todd Marshall was particularly icy with his set shots).

Along with the higher scoring and freer ball movement, the set shot kicking seems better across the comp this year too. Likewise, the "make amends" after a clanger feels more nid nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back