Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - North v Crows Sun April 11th 1:10pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by alot

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

She calls the game in a knowledgable way, stays on topic and doesnt make it about herself like so many callers do. I don’t think her voice has anything to do with her ability to do a job.

You don't think someone's voice is important where it is their job is it to use their voice to entertain us?

You don't think someone's voice is important where it is their job is it to use their voice to entertain us?
Shes not an entertainer, shes a sports caller. The game is supposed to entertain you.

As clubs, they are vastly different.

The Adelaide Crows have a massive captive supporter base, lucrative sponsorship, money to buy the best facilities and a strong media profile.

North have a limited supporter market, an interstate government sponsorship in doubt, constant threats of relocation and are maligned or ignored by the media.

A real demonstration of effort by the Roos here - on paper they should have never been this close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shes not an entertainer, shes a sports caller. The game is supposed to entertain you.
The tone and timbre of her commentary detracts from the game in a similar way to James Bradshaw.

Now stop derailing the game day thread and take this rubbish to the media board.

Have you met Lingy :$
But I dont have a pretty feminine female soft voice, nor am I beautiful...I would hate to think that would ever stop me getting a job I spent years training for.

Well if you sounded like Fran Drescher in the Nanny you wouldn't be getting a job calling sport.

Have you met Lingy :$
But I dont have a pretty feminine female soft voice, nor am I beautiful...I would hate to think that would ever stop me getting a job I spent years training for.

For normal jobs of course not, for extremely specialized jobs like a model then if you're ugly and overweight then you probably aren't getting the job, that's just how life works. Similarly, if you have a jarring annoying voice then you probably shouldn't be a commentator, gender has nothing to do with it.

Can’t fault North’s effort today. Execution, plan, injury management, and fitness - certainly not effort.

If they put in a couple of more efforts like this, I think the crowds will return.

Back