Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Port v Tigers Fri April 9th 7:50pm EST (AO) Tigercast link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C931D981-2701-4098-9749-456E247797F0.png

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
PORT ADELAIDE V RICHMOND
FRIDAY APRIL 9TH 7:50PM EST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

F5D081C1-D934-465E-9804-5461E08E3488.jpeg
Click Here Join Michaels and the Bigfooty Tigercast Crew for their popular Podcast every week!

Current episode: S05 EP07 - ft Michaels and Tiger71
-Review of the Swans game and where it all went wrong, some reassurance that everything will be fine for the Tigers, some interesting umpire calls
-Preview of Port Adelaide game.

You can also subscribe and follow on social media at the below links:
YouTube iTunes Spotify Facebook Twitter Spreaker

TEAMS

POWER

B: R.Burton, T.Clurey, D.Houston
HB: A.Aliir, T.Jonas, D.Byrne-Jones
C: X.Duursma, O.Wines, K.Amon
HF: O.Fantasia, M.Georgiades, S.Motlop
F: Z.Butters, C.Dixon, R.Gray
FOLL: S.Lycett, W.Drew, T.Boak

I/C: H.Hartlet, C.Rozee, T.Marshall, L.Jones
EMG: M.Bergman, P.Ladhams, S.Mayes, B.Woodcock

IN: L.Jones
OUT: P.Ladhams, M.Bergman (both omitted)

TIGERS
B: D.Astbury, N.Balta, D.Grimes
HB: L.Baker, J.Short, B.Houli
C: S.Edwards, T.Cotchin, M.Pickett
HF: J.Aarts, K.Lambert, J.Castagna
F: T.Lynch, D.Martin, J.Riewoldt
FOLL: T.Nankervis, W.Martyn, J.Graham

I/C: S.Bolton, R.Mansell, J.Ross, N.Broad
EMG: P.Naish, J.Caddy, R.Collier-Dawkins, M.Chol

IN: B.Houli, W.Martyn, R.Mansell, J.Ross
OUT: D.Eggmolesse-Smith (omitted), J.Caddy (omitted), D.Rioli (omitted), K.McIntosh (injured), D.Prestia (injured)​

Last edited:
Richmond hasn't really clicked so far this year. (not a big deal, starting slow is how we roll)
Back to back 6 day breaks culminating with a road trip. (that's how the fixture goes sometimes...swings and roundabouts)
Port will be out for 'revenge' after the PF loss (while for Richmond wont be a big deal...winning the flag will do that).

Things certainly look to be in Port's favor.

That said, Richmond's loss last week could be a major kick up the arse and get them fired up, so who knows.

Port by a few goals, but a Richmond win wouldn't be a huge surprise.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
Chris Scotts famous Sook Cream
Take only as directed
Works best on the Richmond faithful
and when "rubbed in"
Guaranteed to make you smile through your next lost.

sook cream.jpg

"My friends and I took sook cream at three quarter time last week against the swans when The tigers were only 51 points down.Normally we would have got the train. Look at me now it really works!"
For repeat scripts contact: The cattery.com.au

Port by 17

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can’t wait to see how fat Richmond are!!

Richmond to come in 0.2 kg heavier in the average weight.

Ron The Bear

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hard to pick this one, both teams coming off disappointing losses. Port I think by a goal or 2 with home ground advantage.

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Port will probably win their "redemption cup" (I'm happier with the premiership thanks), by a couple of goals.

Every year following the years we have won the premiership, we've lost to the teams that feel "wronged" by us. Port will be up for this and claim its redemption (its not but there you go).

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
The only "Redemption" for Port will be winning the flag. Being 3 and 1 will be better than 2/2 but whoever losses will still be there when the whips are cracking in 5 months time.
I dont think its redemption, but there's no doubt it will add a bit of fuel to the fire for their motivation and and for the fans. Despite the different stakes, psychologically everyone wants to try and "get one back".

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
Honestly, we tend to lose games like this quite comfortably at the beginning of the year. I’ve noticed a couple of patterns with Port Adelaide:

- This one’s been keeping up for years. Richmond alternate between a win and a loss when playing Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval. Our current W-L-W-L pattern stretches back to 2013 and before that we had this pattern going from 2005-2010. Had we lost the 2012 game in Adelaide instead of winning it then this pattern would have stretched from 2005-2020. Mind you, we play Port Adelaide in Adelaide a lot as well so it’s a pattern based on a pretty sizeable sample size.
If we follow this pattern, then we’d lose this week.

- Another pattern that’s been happening is that Port Adelaide have defeated all but 1 reigning Premier in the H&A season since 2012. The only team that they didn’t defeat was Hawthorn in 2016 after winning the 2015 Premiership. Everyone else were defeated including a double-up against Hawthorn in 2015 after winning the 2014 Premiership. If this trend continues, then it would point to a loss for Richmond as well.

Having said that, Richmond and Port Adelaide games are quite wacky to say the least. The underdog can win so I’m not sure what will happen. These are just patterns from what has occurred in the past and obviously not indicative of what will actually end up happening.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Leadup to this game reminds me of the Port v Richmond game in round 4 2019 with a 'down' Tigers side being written off well before the game started.
Anyone who think Richmond can't win only needs to go back to that game when they managed to beat Port in Adelaide minus Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Houli, Riewoldt while also coming off two bad losses. If Richmond could win then they can definitely win tomorrow night.

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember watching that on tv and losing my sh*t!
Pouring with rain right?

Anyway, I tipped Port with confidence earlier in the week, but now I think this could go down to the wire.
It was without doubt, the worst game I've watched live.

It was teeming with rain, but that wasn't the problem.
It took 40 seconds for the first effective disposal of the game - a free kick.
Port kicked a couple of goals, it rained some more.
Richmond had 1 goal to 3qt, it rained some more.
Richmond kicked a couple in the last quarter, and almost won.
Went home. It rained on the way.

Here's the beginning and the end of that game. Didn't miss much in the middle.

Obscure fact. At the time it was our lowest ever AFL score, and we won the game.
Our lowest ever SANFL score in our history (1.4 back in the early 1900's), we also won that game.

Back