Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Port v Tigers Fri April 9th 7:50pm EST (AO) Tigercast link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS the 2nd image is the follow on from the tackle, geez take the rose coloured glasses off and admit you're wrong.
I'm leaving it there, you won the game and still on here complaining about millisecond tackles. Nothing will happen to Edwards, if you think he will get suspended you're clueless.

Not suspension worthy but the free was there. I have seen frees paid for a lot less. Bump/tackles after the disposal means free.

MRP has handed down 3 monetary sanctions to Richmond, two of which were to their debutant and all 3 for rough conduct.
Meanwhile over at Richmond...22-12 against for free kicks, wah,wah,wah..lol

The only part I agree with you is it happened so quickly and it did. Edwards lays the tackle as dusrma is about to dispose of the ball or a split-second after.
Nothing malice in this tackle. Duursma does land awkwardly but that's just bad luck and from what I've heard not seriously injured thankfully.
Lmao end the tackle halfway through, you keep freeze-framing the incident, you do realise that's over within a few seconds. Maybe if Edwards had a remote control he could stop it, then walk away, then press play and off Duursma goes.

View attachment 1098968

This freeze-frame is taken within a millisecond, accidents occur in tackles. Look at the above screenshot Edwards is tackling as duursma just laying his boot on the ball. He had every right to tackle him and put him off so the kick doesn't have any penetration.

View attachment 1098969
ports juniors were definitely targeted. oppo teams used to target gray. 3 seasons or so ago the demons targeted gray and belted the crap out of him. the next time we met viney got thrown to the floor very roughly, multiple times. ports wont forget and edwards will be targeted or any promising junior, if they had any.

Quite the opposite, changing the rule isn’t going to change the result last night. It will be equally likely to advantage us as it is to disadvantage us in the future.
:tired:

but you're only going on about it because, just for a moment, your team was on the wrong side of it

Nice work if it's yours. I bet there's probably a boundary umpire on the line just out of shot.
Its mine but I checked the image with a video editor/ camera man with 30 years of experience with commercial stations and afl clubs. Checked it again with a qualified surveyor/ 3d surveying expert and both said i was generous to richmond. the ball was at least 30% in and more likely 50%. its a binary choice. 99% out is in.

Swap the teams and the result and I reckon the Gray rushed behind gets debated heavily. It really wasn't any different to Hartlett handballing out of bounds last year. Gray had two teammates in front of him and no opponent within several metres.
You're just straight up objectively wrong here. In the third quarter, Grimes deliberately rushes a behind from even further out than the Robbie Gray one. Its questionable whether he's within 9m of the goal line. If he's further than 9m out, then being under pressure doesn't actually matter. Thats the actual debatable decision, yet no one is debating it at all. The Richmond player deliberately rushing a behind just passes through with little questioning at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don’t think a goal that came from a clearly OOB Robbie Gray pass didn’t affect the outcome?
See here's your problem, it doesn't matter that Robbie Gray was clearly OOB, because he managed to keep the ball itself in play. You do know thats how it works in footy right? Its where the ball is, not the player. And I've yet to see anyone post an image that in anyway clearly shows the ball out of play.

Losing the free kick count isn't an issue, the numbers itself are meaningless. It's the manor of calls/non calls. Gray's pass that led to a goal was inches-a foot out of bounds, Houli's holding the ball call, I have seen those occur round after round and the umpires never pay HTB against and always give the player benefit of the doubt. I can guarantee if it was us tackling Jonas in our 50 without crowd pressure it'd have been a ball up. In a tight game hard to score decided by 2 points, the second quarter which probably 6-10 points can be attributed to rub of the green calls.
The reason the Houli decision normally isn't paid is because the guy who took the touched mark normally makes a half arsed attempt to get rid of the ball. Houli didn't. He just sat there holding it while staring at the umpire calling play on. Thats why the decision was paid against him.

Really? Nothing illegal with Edwards tackle, perfect actually, unfortunate for dursma the way he landed. if you think Edwards will get weeks you're clueless about the game.
See this is why Richmond fans think they got screwed over by the umps. They think that there is nothing illegal in tackling a player that doesn't have the ball.

Yea I'm sure GC & GWS would attract more, stop being a flog.

Are you the fat *en know-all wharfie campaigner who had a crack at Hardwick after the game?

H&A in Victoria since 1997

37516 Sydney
34506 Brisbane
34478 Gold Coast
33169 West Coast
32879 GWS
31298 Adelaide
28236 Fremantle
26912 Port

Your supporters don't go to the games. Our supporters don't go to the games. They didn't even turn up for Richo's 200th or 250th.

Fact.

Honestly, we tend to lose games like this quite comfortably at the beginning of the year. I’ve noticed a couple of patterns with Port Adelaide:

- This one’s been keeping up for years. Richmond alternate between a win and a loss when playing Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval. Our current W-L-W-L pattern stretches back to 2013 and before that we had this pattern going from 2005-2010. Had we lost the 2012 game in Adelaide instead of winning it then this pattern would have stretched from 2005-2020. Mind you, we play Port Adelaide in Adelaide a lot as well so it’s a pattern based on a pretty sizeable sample size.
If we follow this pattern, then we’d lose this week.

- Another pattern that’s been happening is that Port Adelaide have defeated all but 1 reigning Premier in the H&A season since 2012. The only team that they didn’t defeat was Hawthorn in 2016 after winning the 2015 Premiership. Everyone else were defeated including a double-up against Hawthorn in 2015 after winning the 2014 Premiership. If this trend continues, then it would point to a loss for Richmond as well.

Having said that, Richmond and Port Adelaide games are quite wacky to say the least. The underdog can win so I’m not sure what will happen. These are just patterns from what has occurred in the past and obviously not indicative of what will actually end up happening.
Well, it seems that both the pattern of Port defeating the reigning Premiers and our pattern of WLWL against them in Adelaide has extended for another game

ports juniors were definitely targeted. oppo teams used to target gray. 3 seasons or so ago the demons targeted gray and belted the crap out of him. the next time we met viney got thrown to the floor very roughly, multiple times. ports wont forget and edwards will be targeted or any promising junior, if they had any.
Will Duursma play that game? Maybe he shouldn’t. Seems to have pretty bad luck against the Tigers... injured knee this time, dropped a premiership last time.

0D0702A3-45E7-4722-8FD1-D4A919FE897E.gif

Are you the fat fu**en know-all wharfie campaigner who had a crack at Hardwick after the game?

H&A in Victoria since 1997

37516 Sydney
34506 Brisbane
34478 Gold Coast
33169 West Coast
32879 GWS
31298 Adelaide
28236 Fremantle
26912 Port

Your supporters don't go to the games. Our supporters don't go to the games. They didn't even turn up for Richo's 200th or 250th.

Fact.
It's pointless figures at the MCG on sample size for GC & GWS, the largest crowd you've had is 38986 for GWS.
Last time you played Port at the G.. 41642.

It's pointless figures at the MCG on sample size for GC & GWS, the largest crowd you've had is 38986 for GWS.
Last time you played Port at the G.. 41642.

I was supporting the claim by a Port supporter that Richmond requests to play Port away. The figures demonstrate why. It’s not an example of AFL bias against Richmond.

See this is why Richmond fans think they got screwed over by the umps. They think that there is nothing illegal in tackling a player that doesn't have the ball.
If you want to go down that road here are two photos from Friday night of Richmond players being held who don't have the ball? Sure, the hold on Dusty is minor, but it's definitely there - a hand holding his shoulder/bicep region while the othe rhand looks to be pushing him in the back. And Cotchin is continuing to be tackled after disposing of the ball, just like Edwards did to Duursma.

But do we really want to go down that road?

tackle 2.jpg tackle.jpg

Back