Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Swans v Bombers Thurs April 8th 7:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Probably?

Yeah I just edited. Point still stands though. Was a bewildering umpiring performance from the first bounce. Bombers were better and we got lucky overall, but there were some real shockers both ways, all night.

Hickeys holding the man when his opponent just didn't stand up after the tackle was ludicrous.

lollol

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2014
NT
AFL Club
Sydney
But that "better overall" was significantly better when the free kick count was 29-15 and the margin was 3 points. It could have been the difference between a loss or a win tonight for Essendon. For this reason, it is important for umpiring to be consistent throughout the game and especially between the two teams.
Now you know what its like to watch the tigers on G for the last few season. Every 50/50 decision only goes one way.

mrposhman

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Now you know what its like to watch the tigers on G for the last few season. Every 50/50 decision only goes one way.

Ok go with that one then. We haven't had any sort of the free kick differential that you guys got tonight. Sooo many missed frees to the Bombers.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

You haven’t seen the frees for and against column for the last 3 or 4 years have you? Very rarely get a dream run that’s for sure

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
We hardly ever win the free kick count let alone double the opposition in frees. You blokes like the cats in Geelong and eagles in Perth get a ride at home all the time.

Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah I just edited. Point still stands though. Was a bewildering umpiring performance from the first bounce. Bombers were better and we got lucky overall, but there were some real shockers both ways, all night.

Hickeys holding the man when his opponent just didn't stand up after the tackle was ludicrous.
I wish there was a bad call that stood out for us like there is for you.

I guess it's like you being able to feel a grain of sand in your eye while the person next to you has been buried alive in it.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Longmire with the smug, knob-headed look, on his muppet face.

Don't you HATE seeing the opposition standing around like plebs, after a fake win.

Mind you, I'd just like my club to get within 10 goals of a win...

Back