Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Swans v Bombers Thurs April 8th 7:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon only had 78 tackles, 36 of them in the last quarter, would have thought that maybe just one of them could have been paid holding the ball.

Generalissimo

His Excellency
Jul 14, 2002
Somewhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Mighty Cats
Sydney had 28 scoring shots to 20 and were probably the better side. If Guldan and Heeney hadn't sprayed so many shots all this whinging about the umps would be pointless.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't really give a fu** if the umpires like us during the H&A season, they still owe us for tilting 2016 more than they had any right to

Dogs ran all over you, in the last quarter.

You can't possibly think that you had the legs, to overrun them?

Even if Hannebery was paid the free kick, he still would've been injured.

We hardly ever win the free kick count let alone double the opposition in frees. You blokes like the cats in Geelong and eagles in Perth get a ride at home all the time.
* you blokes are absolutely clueless about anything that happens outside of Victoria, and just make up s**t to suit your internal narrative. Pretty much North Koreans.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Sydney had 28 scoring shots to 20 and were probably the better side. If Guldan and Heeney hadn't sprayed so many shots all this whinging about the umps would be pointless.

Or maaaaaybe if they didn’t get all those free’s or if Essendon were paid the ones they deserved, those shots wouldn’t have been had......

Double the clearances nothing to do with it maybe?

maybe go back and have a look how many many swans goals came directly from free kicks in the same passage of play. Then we cal talk.

your goals didn’t come form clearances.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United

Well same s**t tonight then aye. We destroyed Essendon all game on contested and uncontested possessions. Should've put them to bed, and a handful of freekicks around the ground would've made no difference to us dominating tonight.

They were definitely better in the end and we got unlucky with injuries during the match, but I don't think you can deny it was uphill for us from the start though.

Anyway, blaming umpires is easy and usually senseless, you get far more from reviewing players.

I just laugh when hearing the Swans being called the AFL's favourites when they have clearly not liked us much for nearly a decade.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Well same sh*t tonight then aye. We destroyed Essendon all game on contested and uncontested possessions. Should've put them to bed, and a handful of freekicks around the ground would've made no difference to us dominating tonight.
But ya didn't

Look up Richmond’s free kick differential for the last 4 years and come back to me. The umpires didn’t want to pay even the most obvious frees against you tonight. Bomber fans can feel rightfully upset.
Look up our free kick differential for the last 10:
lqakawxd0a211.jpg

Numpty Dumpty, fell off your wall?

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't think anything anyone says will matter.

Your agenda is set and you are going to see it your way despite being very wrong.
I think you're reading a little deeply inyo this. You melodramatically claimed that there were no terrible calls that favoured Essendon, I pointed out an incident with two really bad missed calls at a point where Sydney would have undoubtedly goaled. No further point than that.

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Bombers have enjoyed a nice armchair ride from the umps in many many games over the past 2 years
Good to see them get reamed by the corrupt cheating umpires just like my team has repeatedly in recent years (inc Rd 1 Ess v Haw)

It sucks, doesn't it?

AFL footy is a joke of a sport. It's so rigged.:thumbsdown:
I backed a horse the other day called freekickhawthorn.

Ari

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2003
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Ferrari
Well done Essendon. Fantastic game and took it right up to us. They shut our centre game down completely and we didn't do a great job changing on the fly. One of those weird games where we could have lost by 5 goals but at the same time should have won by 5 goals.

Interesting how many Richmond supporters on here sook it up. The Essendon supporters are showing more class in defeat. I think we got the benefit of the 50-50 calls at times tonight. That being said, last week arms around the forward was a free yet Franklin and Reid were held at every forward contest and got nothing. Franklin was kicked in the hand and got nothing. There were multiple holds on Papley after he disposed of it that weren't paid. We got the lucky end this week. Two weeks ago we got nothing against Adelaide. Swings and roundabouts.

Bugger off mate! You had nearly double the frees and won off the umpires horrendous calls. Just call it. 40 seconds to go and instead of longed for holding the ball it’s a ball up.

The umpires wanted a Swans win. Period. Swans almost stuffed it up in front of goals but the umpires found you. One even paid 16 free kicks to 1. Yep, just take it. Don’t give us this ‘it was bad both ways’ rubbish mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well same sh*t tonight then aye. We destroyed Essendon all game on contested and uncontested possessions. Should've put them to bed, and a handful of freekicks around the ground would've made no difference to us dominating tonight.

yeah you are right. Spot on

your DOUBLE free kicks count wouldn’t have had any impact on the 3 point score line, especially when one of those free kicks should have be paid against hickey the dying seconds.

quality commentary and utter domination for the swans rofl

Back