Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 4 - Swans v Bombers Thurs April 8th 7:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

DrPowellPepper

All Australian
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Spurs
Dogs ran all over you, in the last quarter.

You can't possibly think that you had the legs, to overrun them?

Even if Hannebery was paid the free kick, he still would've been injured.
I tend to agree about that GF being the worst umpired final I’ve watched and Sydney were on the end of a lot of the bad calls.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well same sh*t tonight then aye. We destroyed Essendon all game on contested and uncontested possessions. Should've put them to bed, and a handful of freekicks around the ground would've made no difference to us dominating tonight.

I must've been watching a different game. Destroyed them, all night? If that's the case, contested and un-constested means jack shite. I think the handful of free kicks was VERY costly.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
yeah you are right. Spot on

your DOUBLE free kicks count wouldn’t have had any impact on the 3 point score line, especially when one of those free kicks should have be paid against hickey the dying seconds.

quality commentary and utter domination for the swans rofl
So you think that hickey one would've resulted in a goal? There was 20 seconds left and the ball would've been at half back. Lol. Funny how you're forgetting the two very clear over the shoulder tackles on gulden and McInerney which would've both ended up in shots on goal directly in front.

And no, I don't think if you were awarded half your freekicks that you want so bad that it would've made any difference to the game. You got out clearances, outcontested, outuncontested, and outnumbered at every contest around the ground when the ball was in play. We dominated the game when it was running, not even including the stoppages you speak of.

FreeAgent1

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Came here to see discussion on the game.

But it’s all keyboard warriors arguing free kickcounts and some crazy umpire bias conspiracy’s....

yeah they didn’t have a great night, but it wasn’t the only difference. In a 2 point game could have been 20 different things to change the match.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
I must've been watching a different game. Destroyed them, all night? If that's the case, contested and un-constested means jack sh*te. I think the handful of free kicks was VERY costly.
In a game where I would normally lose hair, I was actually very comfortable because we were dominating everywhere. Go look at the stats. I was genuinely expecting for us to kick away towards the end. We were our own worst enemy.

sparklig

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Good win. Bombers have improved a lot. Bogey side for us. Ill take the four points.

Drop Cunningham please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Came here to see discussion on the game.

But it’s all keyboard warriors arguing free kickcounts and some crazy umpire bias conspiracy’s....

yeah they didn’t have a great night, but it wasn’t the only difference. In a 2 point game could have been 20 different things to change the match.
No, it was definitely the one free which could have been given 120m from the Essendon goal which won us the game.

Agenda 21

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In a game where I would normally lose hair, I was actually very comfortable because we were dominating everywhere. Go look at the stats. I was genuinely expecting for us to kick away towards the end. We were our own worst enemy.

I don't need to look, at the stats. I watched it, through un-biased eyes. Stats don't mean everything. Ess more than held their own. You make it sound like they were 50 points down, and tried to claw it back. They were in major winning positions, for long periods.

It’s a strange world when Collingwood and Richmond fans agree that essendon were hard done by by the umpires. Is it because we love essendon or maybe just maybe we all saw the same thing?

Or you lost to the Swans last week and can't get over it like your coach

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't need to look, at the stats. I watched it, through un-biased eyes. Stats don't mean everything. Ess more than held their own. You make it sound like they were 50 points down, and tried to claw it back. They were in major winning positions, for long periods.

Essendon were very good would of beaten a lot of teams tonight, blocked the corridor and forced us to kick long to a pack.

zyzzbruh

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2017
Mnt Olympus
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manchester United
They were in winning positions because we didn't put them to bed. And yes bad kicking is bad football, but we dominated that game inside and out. We should've kicked better and put them 50 points down before the end of the 3rd. That was nothing but a percentage loss for us. We were never going to lose that game.

Wut?

What evidence was there again, of ESS players cheating?

Positive drug tests?
There was no evidence because the AFL smuggled all documents out of the country using Brent Harvey as a mule. He was selected due to being the AFL player who was most easily able to to pass as a child, and as such was unlikely to be subjected to strip searches. He was then delisted prematurely, just short of 450 games, in order to stop the footy media from joining the dots. Educate yourself.

Edit: reading between the lines, I'm also starting to suspect that you may have... an agenda

Back