Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 5 - Eagles v Pies Fri April 16th 8:10pm EST/ 6:10 WST (Optus) Eagles and Pies Podcasts Links in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds a bit like Marshall, Ryder, Gresham, Jones, Hannebery, Paton etc... no one cares, you play sh*te, you are sh*te.

The comp is in an awful state, good time to be half decent as no one else is.
4 West coast players are AA. Who the fook are those St Kilda players lmao

No wonder Richmond keep winning flags if this west coast outfit are meant to be a contender... just a bog average side.
The following players are missing from the best 22:

- Yeo (replaces O'Neill)
- Shuey (replaces Redden)
- Hurn (replaces Rotham)
- Ryan (replaces Cripps)
- Rioli (replaces Langdon)
- Petrecelli (replaces Cole)
- Williams (replaces Vardy)

That is 3 or 4 AA players. Not to mention Venables may or may not be back. If he was fit he would be playing

Sounds a bit like Marshall, Ryder, Gresham, Jones, Hannebery, Paton etc... no one cares, you play sh*te, you are sh*te.

The comp is in an awful state, good time to be half decent as no one else is.

Lel, someone needs to get out more .
A nice holiday in Kalbarri would brighten up that disposition

- Yeo (replaces O'Neill)
- Hurn (replaces Rotham)
- Ryan (replaces Cripps)

That is 3 or 4 AA players. Not to mention Venables may or may not be back. If he was fit he would be playing
I have definitely seen both Cripps and Liam Ryan playing at the same time. Several times.

I have definitely seen both Cripps and Liam Ryan playing at the same time. Several times.
Yes because Ryan and Rioli haven't played together in how long? Also Petrecelli looks to have overtaken Cripps after last week and Cripps start to the year

WCE stayed in second gear except for about 10 minutes of the game. Ultra depressing for the Pies, they were second rate by so far, and that's their senior/experienced side.

Still reckon Cox should have played unless injured?

- Yeo (replaces O'Neill)
- Hurn (replaces Rotham)
- Ryan (replaces Cripps)

Misleading there.

- Yeo - correct
- Shuey - correct (on a qualified basis, Redden would not be the first automatic out after XON)
- Hurn was replaced by Witherden, Rotham is a third tall and was playing in conjunction with Hurn
- Ryan and Cripps both play together - Rioli would be the one that upsets that combination
- Rioli has been missing for more than a year, I wouldn't use him as an excuse for current form
- Petrucelle does not replace Cole, what the f*** are you smoking
- Williams and Vardy are about the same on current ability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only someone would talk up the MCG every now and again

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would anyone talk up the MCG ,its an antiquated uncomfortable old world relic.

Needs a few hundred million dollar face lift and new proper spaced seating so spectators are not packed in like sardines.

Last edited:
Misleading there.

- Yeo - correct
- Shuey - correct (on a qualified basis, Redden would not be the first automatic out after XON)
- Hurn was replaced by Witherden, Rotham is a third tall and was playing in conjunction with Hurn
- Ryan and Cripps both play together - Rioli would be the one that upsets that combination
- Rioli has been missing for more than a year, I wouldn't use him as an excuse for current form
- Petrucelle does not replace Cole, what the f*** are you smoking
- Williams and Vardy are about the same on current ability
1. There is no way Witherden goes out after his performance today. Rotham deserves to be dropped
2. No other small forward for Petrecelli to replace that's why he needs to replace Cole
3. Williams will get more than 2 touches a game I'd imagine so he'd make the team better

Saw Titus O’Reilly last night and he made a very good point about the contrast between how people talk about their football team with how they talk about which side of politics they’re on. You never hear a partisan hack talk down their team like us footy nuffs do.
Well yeah, if we're gonna be tribalistic, (and we are,) then probably better to get that out of our systems via sports, rather than through politics, where principles and practicalities should rule, and where the stakes are vastly higher!

A bridge too far playing in WA and losing Howe & DeGoey during the game.
Pleased with Macrae. Give Keane another go, stick with McCreery and Cameron.
We ain’t a contender, so play more kids.
Pies will never get anywhere playing
Roughead - Sier - Mayne - Brown - Greenwood

I dont see anything these players offer and better off playing other players to see if they have anything

1. There is no way Witherden goes out after his performance today. Rotham deserves to be dropped
2. No other small forward for Petrecelli to replace that's why he needs to replace Cole
3. Williams will get more than 2 touches a game I'd imagine so he'd make the team better

When Hurn is fit, Witherden will be in the mix along with Cole and Nelson to make way. Petrucelle and Cole are completely different, I have no idea what kind of logic you're using there, when Rioli is available he'll probably make way before Cripps. I know we're all excited about Bailey Williams but that's the Bulldogs version, our one is still very raw.

West Coast took their foot off the pedal plenty, but the tackling and intent was better after last week. Given the talent that’s out, it’s a good result and if we can get the likes of Shuey, Yeo and Ryan back at the right time, we’re as good a chance as any.

Yeah, nah. And I'm West Australian.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Clueless
Melbourne is supposed to be some great cosmopolitan city or whatever and the MCG is a bit to old world for those who have been to modern stadiums it definetly needs a spruce up.

Last edited:
Back