Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 5 - Saints v Tigers Thurs April 15th 7:20pm EST (Marvel) Tigercast Link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Saints were set up to fail tonight, coming off a 5 day break with so many of our best players missing and the umpires riding Richmond.

This game should have been played on a Saturday night to give us a decent break, Marshall probably would have played and it's a different story.

We'll bounce back against Port after we get a decent break and get Marshall and Ryder back.

Write us off at your peril.
you had 10 more free kicks L O L .....your salt fills me with joy

The Saints were set up to fail tonight, coming off a 5 day break with so many of our best players missing and the umpires riding Richmond.

This game should have been played on a Saturday night to give us a decent break, Marshall probably would have played and it's a different story.

We'll bounce back against Port after we get a decent break and get Marshall and Ryder back.

Blame the fixture all you want, but the umpires were not favouring Richmond.
Not even about the free kick count (which stkilda won). They continually overlooked some.very blatant frees to richmond that even the commentators were suggesting (and it is an AFL directive not to criticise umpires)

I'm sure the Saints will improve a bit with Marshall & Ryder back, hopefully it's not too late by then.
It's not looking too great for the Saints in the medium to long term though, they have the oldest list in the AFL, they've traded away so many early picks to get some pretty average players and the early picks they have taken just aren't coming on.
Pretty scary to think that the Saints are spending about the same amount of money on Hill & Hannebury as Richmond are on Martin & Lynch
Could be a pretty long rebuild if this gamble to trade in so many players doesn't result in any success

The wallpaper job at the Saints is criminal but really, just another chapter in this wretched clubs tragic history ...

Opposition coaches and teams still haven’t figured out how to consistently beat Richmond’s gameplan. Very well-drilled and organised, even if their some of their players have some average skills.

I know right?
The umpires only kicked 6 of your 7 goals tonight. If the umpires kick 20, you almost win that.

It was our 3rd 6 day break in a row Plugger.

Saints fans struggling with the “excessive criticism” ban, I’m here for you. Send it all to me. The more vile it is the better... let it all out son! Ryder soft? Hill fat? Jones a plodder? Thought you were a finals hope this year?

Tell me about McCartin over Petracca, tell me about Ratten’s plan B. Tell me everything!

My PMs are open for you!

Saints fans - just come and vent in our autopsy thread. I have personally given you all the green light. That’s s**t form on your board.

It’s about stopping it from descending into a quagmire they can’t get out of. People just posting the same foul abuse at the club, players, officials... it’s not good for their communities.

Open a convo with half a dozen like minded individuals and vent as much as you like. The boards have to maintain at least a bit of order or they won’t survive intact.

I kinda get the point in general but the saints were really disappointing tonight. I was genuinely nervous before the game and the saints were awful In front of a national audience. Their flaws were exposed. I think these rules have to be flexible and consider the context. Anytime Richmond got pumped I would be angry; it's natural and human. I mean their coach admitted they took three steps forward and five steps back, surely the fans are noticing who is taking the steps back and want to discuss how this side gets better. And that may include dumping and delisting some flawed players.

St Kilda are in deep sh*t. In the last 3 games they’ve been scintillating for about 2 quarters - can’t deny that - but insipid for the remaining 10. Still have two games against Port, Sydney and Geelong, and one against the dogs, Richmond and West Coast. Their percentage has taken an absolute beating. If they’re to be any chance of even reaching the finals this year they must turn this around quickly.

They aren't making the finals. They got hot for a period against an inconsistent eagles side and then beat an average giants side. Awful against the tigers, bombers and demons. Don't have the weapons to defeat top eight sides and have dropped a game against a bottom 10 side already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoa! I was a bit worried for this poster.

Your supporters were so full of sh!t last year in the finals and Nothing i posted above are false
St Kilda got 2 players from Richmond who kicked 3 of your 7 goals

Be grateful for our off cuts you campaigner and stop telling me to be arrogant after the crap your supporters were posting after the eagles game

Im enjoying our win you ********
Now go onto your autopsy thread to get banned

He made a complete idiot of himself on the Bloods Board before the Swans win over the Tigers. Our Board is pretty relaxed and he was tolerated.

Following the Tigers loss he evaporated for days. Tags were made, search parties were sent out. Well it seems he is back. Maybe that is the sort of bloke he is.

Tiger fans should rightly enjoy what was a great win. Saints fans should lick their wounds and back up again for the next round and simply ignore cowardly trolls.

Saints fans struggling with the “excessive criticism” ban, I’m here for you. Send it all to me. The more vile it is the better... let it all out son! Ryder soft? Hill fat? Jones a plodder? Thought you were a finals hope this year?

Tell me about McCartin over Petracca, tell me about Ratten’s plan B. Tell me everything!

My PMs are open for you!
My ol' battle axe at it again this morning. I told her to limit the criticism due to new community standards. She told me to go and fxxx myself, and proceeded to burn the toast.

I kinda get the point in general but the saints were really disappointing tonight. I was genuinely nervous before the game and the saints were awful In front of a national audience. Their flaws were exposed. I think these rules have to be flexible and consider the context. Anytime Richmond got pumped I would be angry; it's natural and human. I mean their coach admitted they took three steps forward and five steps back, surely the fans are noticing who is taking the steps back and want to discuss how this side gets better. And that may include dumping and delisting some flawed players.
We are like that kid that wets themselves in a school play

What does Carlisle Hill Haneberry and Crouch all have in common and is it a surprise they all ended up together at St.Kilda ...
They drink Coca Cola?

Saints: An average team with a weak midfield outside of one star that misjudged where they are and topped up, paying a bunch of potatoes a lot of money. As a North fan, it sounds very familiar. Knowing where it ends up and considering our respective financial positions, I'd almost rather be us than them atm.

Their midfield is far too stodgy and not skilled enough for this group to ever be a real top team imo.
They will be fine , they have one of Gilligans mates at the helm

Opposition coaches and teams still haven’t figured out how to consistently beat Richmond’s gameplan. Very well-drilled and organised, even if their some of their players have some average skills.
I think the only one that has a plan than can beat the tigers is port.

Back