Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 6 - Hawks v Crows Sun April 25th 12:30pm EST (Uni of Tasmania Stadium)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

7A3AE625-6D3B-4F6E-A51E-E17BC79C3C7F.png
17TH V 7TH

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON
HAWTHORN V ADELAIDE
SUNDAY APRIL 25TH 12:30PM EST (UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA STADIUM)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

HAWKS

B: H.Morrison, K.Hartigan, C.Jiath
HB: B.Hardwick, S.Frost, J.Impey
C: O.Hanrahan, T.Mitchell, J.Cousins
HF: S.Burgoyne, J.Koschitzke, J.O’Meara
F: C.Wingard, M.Lewis, L.Breust
FOLL: B.McEvoy, L.Shiels, J.Worpel

I/C: J.Scrimshaw, D.Moore, T.Phillips, T.O’Brien
EMG: C.Downie, F.Maginness, M.Hartley, C.Nash

IN: M.Lewis
OUT: D.Howe (injured), C.Nash (omitted)

CROWS
B: J.Kelly, J.Butts, L.Brown
HB: T.Doedee, B.Smith, W.Hamill
C: L.Sholl, B.Keays, N.McHenry
HF: J.Rowe, E.Himmelberg, R.Thilthorpe
F: S.McAdam, T.Walker, L.Murphy
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, P.Seedsman

I/C: D.Fogarty, H.Schoenberg, J.Hately, A.McPherson
EMG: T.Lynch, C.Jones, J.Worrell, B.Frampton

IN: E.Himmelberg, R.Thilthorpe, J.Hately
OUT: B.Frampton, T.Lynch, N.Murray (all omitted)

Last edited:
So that it doesn't overlap with the pre-match ceremony and first twenty minutes of Collingwood v Essendon. Standard practice nowadays for what the AFL considers its showpiece H&A game. When was the last time Anzac Day at the MCG clashed timing-wise with another match... think it was probably 2004.

So that it doesn't overlap with the pre-match ceremony and first twenty minutes of Collingwood v Essendon. Standard practice nowadays for what the AFL considers its showpiece H&A game. When was the last time Anzac Day at the MCG clashed timing-wise with another match... think it was probably 2004.
That's correct. Back in 2009 they had Collingwood v Essendon, then a game in York Park then one in Subiaco. And in 99, they had Adelaide v. Sydney in the same window as Collingwood v Essendon. I think that SA and NSW got the Adelaide v. Sydney match while everywhere else got the Collingwood v Essendon match.

changed my mind this week on this game. Hawks will win as the younger crows are starting to get fatigued and they seem to have carried injured players into the Freo game which is never great. In fact, the hawks could win this one quite easily

changed my mind this week on this game. Hawks will win as the younger crows are starting to get fatigued and they seem to have carried injured players into the Freo game which is never great. In fact, the hawks could win this one quite easily

Walker will likely outscore Hawthorn on his own. If you can get to 60 points you usually win v Hawthorn due to our trash forward line.

Walker will likely outscore Hawthorn on his own. If you can get to 60 points you usually win v Hawthorn due to our trash forward line.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Tex is managed this week, has a slight calf issue that impacted him after half time last week and carried through training the week before. Berry has also rolled an ankle today at training so would expect Hately to make his Crows debut.

Tough one to pick. Feel it's more even than many are suggesting. Adelaide can be dynamic and dangerous but Clarkson is still good at shutting teams down with defence if they don't have a good plan. But the Hawks are just so bad. Launceston a factor too.

Tough one to pick. Feel it's more even than many are suggesting. Adelaide can be dynamic and dangerous but Clarkson is still good at shutting teams down with defence if they don't have a good plan. But the Hawks are just so bad. Launceston a factor too.
yep we are re-building and can take a couple of years for it. I am decided the idea is to enjoy the small victories
per player and compete for at least three quarters. At least try to get on the right end of the four quarter tussle..

We have had bad front quarters, and bad final quarters and well we can only build on that..
The lads just need to learn to gel and work with one another and as they are doing now, they are laying tackles, bringing
the opposition to account in various ways, and making the transition of the ball from the back end to the front end...

All we need is to have them trying their hearts out and be exhausted in the end.. a good days work..

yep we are re-building and can take a couple of years for it. I am decided the idea is to enjoy the small victories
per player and compete for at least three quarters. At least try to get on the right end of the four quarter tussle..

We have had bad front quarters, and bad final quarters and well we can only build on that..
The lads just need to learn to gel and work with one another and as they are doing now, they are laying tackles, bringing
the opposition to account in various ways, and making the transition of the ball from the back end to the front end...

All we need is to have them trying their hearts out and be exhausted in the end.. a good days work..

Yep. I mean neither side is going to feature in September, so i feel it's mostly about playing youngsters and putting in an admirable effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. I mean neither side is going to feature in September, so i feel it's mostly about playing youngsters and putting in an admirable effort.
Don’t care if we win or lose. Want to see the younger players improve and a 4 qtr effort- that’s all. This year we’ve either started poorly or finished poorly every game.

Don’t care if we win or lose. Want to see the younger players improve and a 4 qtr effort- that’s all. This year we’ve either started poorly or finished poorly every game.
hah dude we all love the mini mister playing the quarter perception.. we need have no angst.. we aren't playing for our lives.
we have an abundance of worthy little chicken hawks that are working towards being in the front seat of the 'torana'

It doesn't have to be a bad s**t car but it can be attaching yourselves to someone you very much like.. It does help..

you literally could have written the first sentence of that comment from the crows perspective as that is what most of us want to see as we are piecing together the beginnings of a side to take us forward

Good test of character for the Hawks today. Down and dusted? Or fight against all odds? There is still something to be made from this season. From adversity comes strength.

Back