Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Bombers v Blues Sun May 2nd 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats happened to cripps? Looks second rate. All those years of carrying have got to him I reckon.

Good game today. Kids played well, few ordinary senior players. Absolutely heppels last year as captain, he's soft as butter. Not how you'd want your leader to be.

Blues just had to win today. We are a bottom 4 side and they should be challenging for finals. Pleased we managed to stay in it.
Cripps is playing injured, needs a break.

Crikey Essendon fans are salty.
Trying to say that your future is so much better because of 4-5 good kids now running around is moronic..while.. Carroll, Kemp, C. Curnow, De Koning, Fisher, Silvagni, Williams and Martin will make a huge diff to Carlton. There list is far stronger. Their kids are just injured.

Add Nick Newman to that as well and myself like many other supporters just wanna see what we can do with an on field team that remotely resembles our best 22 available. Charlie Curnow the main key to the puzzle.

talkingparrot

Debutant
Sep 10, 2011
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Great game of footy. Walsh an absolute star. Still think Carlton will play finals. Happy we competed for as long as we did. Had us down for 4-5 wins this year but wouldn’t be surprised if we get 6+ now. Love these kids. Cox, Jones and Perkins have me optimistic for the first time in a long time. Congrats to the Blues, much needed win for them and didn’t seem to hit top gear for any part of the game.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Crikey Essendon fans are salty.
Trying to say that your future is so much better because of 4-5 good kids now running around is moronic..while.. Carroll, Kemp, C. Curnow, De Koning, Fisher, Silvagni, Williams and Martin will make a huge diff to Carlton. There list is far stronger. Their kids are just injured.
They are 2-3 years further down the track than us though though TBF.
Most Essendon fans know we will be propping the ladder up for at least this year and possibly next whilst Carlton are approaching what should be a sweet spot where they are in the mix for finals.
I’m enjoying the kids but frustrated as hell by the so called leaders and guys who should be performing better

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Wasn't much between the two sides all day. Couple of disappointing turnovers cost us the game.

Still, I think we can take a lot of positives out of that game. Our young players really stood up today.
For sure
Its amazing what a couple of good drafts can do in terms of how a team shapes up and its prospects.

very happy with the kids. finally playing good consistent footy. Were in it up to the eyeballs apart from some costly turnovers and missed tackles.

Also apart from that shithead razor ray missing a late bump on hind I thought umpires were pretty good too.

PS: some of our fans in here are absolute *******s.

Hippster

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
They are 2-3 years further down the track than us though though TBF.
Most Essendon fans know we will be propping the ladder up for at least this year and possibly next whilst Carlton are approaching what should be a sweet spot where they are in the mix for finals.
I’m enjoying the kids but frustrated as hell by the so called leaders and guys who should be performing better

I think Carltons sweet spot is still approaching and should be a decent length. They arent ahead of you IMO. Just a little stronger list at present. More depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Ohh the saltiness is delicious :D
I don't think we have anything to be salty about. Competed well most of the game, young players played well, we were the better team statistically (stats does not equal the better team of course) and we got a good glimpse of our future. It was an entertaining game from both teams.

Another good draft pick this year should see us rise up the ladder very soon.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
I think Carltons sweet spot is still approaching and should be a decent length. They arent ahead of you IMO. Just a little stronger list at present. More depth.
Their gun kids are mostly in their 2nd or 3rd year. Walsh is a absolute freak and is closing in on 50 games already. Their list profile seems to me anyway to be a couple of years advanced of us. Hopefully when Perkins, Cox, Bryan, Jones etc have 40-50 games under their belt we will be starting to move up the ladder. In the meantime we just need to keep playing them. Our depth is horrid though as you say as evidenced by the rabble that is our VFL side

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Whats happened to cripps? Looks second rate. All those years of carrying have got to him I reckon.

Good game today. Kids played well, few ordinary senior players. Absolutely heppels last year as captain, he's soft as butter. Not how you'd want your leader to be.

Blues just had to win today. We are a bottom 4 side and they should be challenging for finals. Pleased we managed to stay in it.
Umpires kept you in it and the scoreboard flattered you.

We are missing a third of our best 22 and still cruised.

pretty bad analysis.........of course they are ahead of us..........

look at the experience of the list...........

LOL ok bro........

We literally won almost every single key stat......and the free kick count as 21-17.......hardly umps keeping us in it.....

But yeah... you cruised and all.........

Carlton certinaly earned the win but just take the win and be humble.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
LOL ok bro........

We literally won almost every single key stat......and the free kick count as 21-17.......hardly umps keeping us in it.....

But yeah... you cruised and all.........

Carlton certinaly earned the win but just take the win and be humble.
lol are you blind? think your salty tears are clouding your vision. bro.

lol are you blind? think your salty tears are clouding your vision. bro.

whos salty? I said Carlton deserved the win?

The only one having a sook is you...about winning? odd way too live.

And whos blind? The stats sheet doesn't lie. Show me this Cruisy win you are talking about.

Bad Seed

Team Captain
Jan 29, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Your players were having the game of their lives, what are you even on about? They were playing like this week's baby formula was depending on it.

The entire match I was cringing at how hilarious it was that we were in it. I lost respect for your team the longer it went, especially the last 5 minutes.

I'm sorry, but for a team that should be where you lot are expecting, we never should have been in it. That was just.... sad.

Oh god make it stop. Your s**t talking stains the rest of us.

Let's face it, the only one embarrassing themselves is you.

Go and pack your lunch box and get ready for school tomorrow.

As for the Dons, proud of the effort against a more mature team. Harry Jones and Archie Perkins will be elite players. Anyone banging on about how average we are has lot the plot, mostly our own supporters.

Bad Seed

Team Captain
Jan 29, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon

Wowee you don't honestly believe this right? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you've probably been egged on, but you had a very good run today.

Can you list the third of your best 22 that were out? Or is it more that they were running around in the magoos?

Back