Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Bombers v Blues Sun May 2nd 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

HereComesJuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
very happy with the kids. finally playing good consistent footy. Were in it up to the eyeballs apart from some costly turnovers and missed tackles.

Also apart from that sh*thead razor ray missing a late bump on hind I thought umpires were pretty good too.

PS: some of our fans in here are absolute *******s.
You're bang on.
Essendon have some seriously talented kids and will be very strong in 2-3 years with the natural progression. Carlton did what they had to after quarter time with 7 or so of their best 22 out.

Both supporter bases should be happy with the game.

Why didn’t you just trade it for Dunkley? If this years pick 5 is half as good as Dunkley you’ll be licking your lips.

Because they didn’t want just our 2021 first rounder....

If they had he would have played today.

Thought umpires were pretty good throughout the day. Razor missed an obvious late hit on hind but not like it really impacted anything.

Obviously a Carlton man the Sportsbet twitter guy. Just having a dig.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
very happy with the kids. finally playing good consistent footy. Were in it up to the eyeballs apart from some costly turnovers and missed tackles.

Also apart from that sh*thead razor ray missing a late bump on hind I thought umpires were pretty good too.

PS: some of our fans in here are absolute *******s.

Agree but I still think we get scored against too easily that was the most frustrating thing for me.

I saw many times today if we didn't mark or kick a goal Carlton were able to move the ball half way uncontested from a kick out simply not good enough and needs to be addressed

Agree but I still think we get scored against too easily that was the most frustrating thing for me.

I saw many times today if we didn't mark or kick a goal Carlton were able to move the ball half way uncontested from a kick out simply not good enough

Dude

We are in year 1 of a full re build, we have the youngest games experienced teams in the comp....against a team that should be playing finals....

Need to lower your expectations...we were competitive. Can’t ask for much more than that. No doubt we could have snagged it but gotta see the forest for the trees.

I don't want to sink the boots into Essendon but Heppell really seems to have fallen off a cliff.

Surely his final season as Captain (not sure who takes over, Zerrett maybe if he stays)

Heppells injuries have caught up with him. And he was never fast to begin with and his skill errors are more frequent now.

He’s serviceable enough at the moment but yeah, he’s not going to be here for an extended time I wouldn’t have thought.

HereComesJuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Dude

We are in year 1 of a full re build, we have the youngest games experienced teams in the comp....against a team that should be playing finals....

Need to lower your expectations...we were competitive. Can’t ask for much more than that. No doubt we could have snagged it but gotta see the forest for the trees.
You definitely won't be doing a full rebuild.

The 3 top 10s you got last year will be great players and you already have some very good players on your list so being down the bottom for 3 plus years won't be happening for you mob. It will be more a year or two of a re-set.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Dude

Agree we were competitive but still it's something we need to work on imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 3 top 10s you got last year will be great players and you already have some very good players on your list so being down the bottom for 3 plus years won't be happening for you mob. It will be more a year or two of a re-set.

I am definitely hopeful the rebuild goes quickly but any Essendon supporter expecting anything more than re build type results this year is in for an emotional 6 months....

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

That's how I look at it too a rebuild is what North is doing I say we are doing a list reset

Bad Seed

Team Captain
Jan 29, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Youre a fair poster and look was definitely overreacting there.

FWIW

Charlie Curnow
TDK
Z Fisher
Martin
JSOS
Z Williams

are the 6 clear best 18 missing due to injury

Can argue over guys like Kemp (inj) Setterfield (dropped)

Sure, fair enough. The thing about comments like that is that it suggests we didn't have any injured players out.
Draper
Caldwell
Shiel
Francis
Hurley
Pretty handy players you could say as well. And if you're including Kemp, i'll include Reid :cool:

Anyway it's just a pissing contest really. You would be happy with the win, but i'm stoked with the kids we have in the team. Strange times

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
I am definitely hopeful the rebuild goes quickly but any Essendon supporter expecting anything more than re build type results this year is in for an emotional 6 months....
Yeah, I don't think it'll be that quick, the young talls are going to be brilliant but without say hooker and Hurley you're going to need to let them mature.

Mids aren't bad, especially if Merrett stays and parish too.

Need tall backline depth too.

Still really impressed by cox, Jones and perkins

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Yeah, I don't think it'll be that quick, the young talls are going to be brilliant but without say hooker and Hurley you're going to need to let them mature.

Mids aren't bad, especially if Merrett stays and parish too.

Need tall backline depth too.

Still really impressed by cox, Jones and perkins
we're well stacked at the back.
Ridley, Francis, Laverde & Stewart is current first choice.
Have Reid & Brand coming through. Eyre can play CHF or CHB
Zerk-Thatcher is there but looking more unlikely than likely.

Ruck is looking fairly safe.

Midfield, midfield, more midfield & a dangerous small forward.
Smart club would put Hurley on the LTI to focus on his health and wrap Shiel up in cotton wool for 2022. Hit the MSD hard with 4 picks for midfield depth. We can't afford another midfield injury. That's how shallow we bat.
Audition those 4. Top 5 pick come ND.
Re-sign Merrett and Parish.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
we're well stacked at the back.
Ridley, Francis, Laverde & Stewart is current first choice.
Have Reid & Brand coming through. Eyre can play CHF or CHB
Zerk-Thatcher is there but looking more unlikely than likely.

Ruck is looking fairly safe.

Midfield, midfield, more midfield & a dangerous small forward.
Smart club would put Hurley on the LTI to focus on his health and wrap Shiel up in cotton wool for 2022. Hit the MSD hard with 4 picks for midfield depth. We can't afford another midfield injury. That's how shallow we bat.
Audition those 4. Top 5 pick come ND.
Re-sign Merrett and Parish.

Also re-sign Stringer

But yeah mids,mids and more mids in both drafts

As for the small forward we have one in Cahil don't know why he's been playing as defender bring him in an play him in his natural position and see what he's got

I thought that was a pretty darn entertaining game of footy.

Blues clearly further advanced in their progression and had a little more poise and petrol at the end. Trending upwards which is great. How good is Walsh?

Can't fault the Bombers endeavours - their kids were great but their leaders poor.

I think the time's up for Hepp, Hooksy (maybe 1 more year?), Hurls and Zaka so need some blokes to come in in that 23-26 yo bracket. But that's prob 3m $ to spend wisely keeping the kids and Zerrett and Parish long term and trying to get Dunks and Billings for next year.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
essendon gonna essendon

that was holding the ball though. ******* moron umpires.
I'm assuming you were referring to the one against Levi in the middle when he got the handball, was immediately tackled, dropped the ball while trying to kick it, then heeled it backwards?
That was not a free. No prior, made a genuine attempt. The rules are pretty clear on that one.
1619999444415.png

Back