Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Eagles v Dockers Sun May 2nd 4:40pm EST (Optus) Eagles Podcast Link in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of talk going around about the comparibility of the outs between the two teams.
I don't know some of Freos names well enough (haven't really been in contention for a while but looking ok this season) but would be good if a Freo poster could do something similar to be able to compare.
6 of our top 10 players are out injured. Other West Coast posters may view out Top 10 differently but I know the majority would have those 6 injured names in the top 10 but just in different places.

1 Yeo - injured
2 Shuey. - injured
3 NicNat
4 JK
5 McGovern - injured
6 Ryan - injured
7 Barrass - injured
8 Darling
9 Hurn - injured
10 Shepherd
11 Allen
12 Kelly

Anyway I'm still expecting to win a la our St Kilda game last season.
I definitely wouldn't be shocked to lose though either with Freo having some form and our absolutely insipid performance against Geelong last week.

Ryan, Cerra, Hamling, Pearce, Hill, Cox & Young all out, but yeah poor WC as usual 🤪

Yes, sorry Richmond is not being currently discussed but instead the matters of the game at hand.

The fact you had to include names in the Freo list that have barely played any games in the past couple of seasons (and a player who is actually playing) shows your intent anyway - we might as well include Rioli and Venables on our OUTS list, as well as the injuries who are borderline best 22.

Anyone who actually knows our team well enough knows we genuinely have 6 of our top 10 out, which is why it is an actual discussion point.
Doesn't really matter though as there are no points for excuses/reasons.

If you genuinely think those Freo names match up to the West Coast names then fair enough - but I think you would be in the minority, especially amongst those who watch these two teams.

If you genuinely think those Freo names match up to the West Coast names then fair enough - but I think you would be in the minority, especially amongst those who watch these two teams.
A bit of talk going around about the comparibility of the outs between the two teams.
I don't know some of Freos names well enough (haven't really been in contention for a while but looking ok this season) but would be good if a Freo poster could do something similar to be able to compare.

Which one is it? You know them well enough to make a judgement, or you don't and you're asking a sincere question? Seems like you've already made up your mind and don't actually want a discussion.

Yes, sorry Richmond is not being currently discussed but instead the matters of the game at hand.

The fact you had to include names in the Freo list that have barely played any games in the past couple of seasons (and a player who is actually playing) shows your intent anyway - we might as well include Rioli and Venables on our OUTS list, as well as the injuries who are borderline best 22.

Anyone who actually knows our team well enough knows we genuinely have 6 of our top 10 out, which is why it is an actual discussion point.

Go to our B22 thread and you’ll see that 6 of those 7 names are in pretty much everyone’s best 22.
Plus West Coast are still fielding an older and more experienced team than Freo today.

Which one is it? You know them well enough to make a judgement, or you don't and you're asking a sincere question? Seems like you've already made up your mind and don't actually want a discussion.

I would probably be way off if I tried to write the top 10 players of any club which isn't my own team tbh.
I can however know that between midfielders Clayton Oliver from Melbourne and Marcus Bontempelli from the Bulldogs which is the bigger out.

I am completely open to discussion, don't think of me like some other West Coast trolls.

Go to our B22 thread and you’ll see that 6 of those 7 names are in pretty much everyone’s best 22.
Plus West Coast are still fielding an older and more experienced team than Freo today.

Yeah I've seen. I'm saying we are missing 6 of our best 10, not 6 of our best 22.
Unfortunately I think the 'older' side of our team is really not working in our favour atm :(

Cerra and Ryan out are probably the most.important but they still should win the midfield missing Cerra. Losing Ryan hurts as Kennedy, Darling and Allen will have a day out on the rest, if we can actually get the ball to them.

On the flip side, whilst Taberner and Lobb are no stars, not having McGovern and Barrass is huge. I'd be more confident if Hurn wasn't out for another week but that backline lacks leadership badly.

I know it's cliche but the if WCE win the midfield they should win fairly easily considering our forwards vs Freo's backs. Break even or lose and it could get ugly.

Cerra and Ryan out are probably the most.important but they still should win the midfield missing Cerra. Losing Ryan hurts as Kennedy, Darling and Allen will have a day out on the rest, if we can actually get the ball to them.

On the flip side, whilst Taberner and Lobb are no stars, not having McGovern and Barrass is huge. I'd be more confident if Hurn wasn't out for another week but that backline lacks leadership badly.

I know it's cliche but the if WCE win the midfield they should win fairly easily considering our forwards vs Freo's backs. Break even or lose and it could get ugly.
I think Luke Ryan is the biggest out for sure. Having said that, Hughes generally does a reasonable job on Darling while Logue is no mug either. Cox is so criminally underrated as a defender it’s not funny. Not only does he defend the big boys well but he goes at over 90% by foot and has seriously good vision and decision making with ball in hand.
I think it will be interesting to see where Allen is used. If he goes to defence then I think that both teams have enough coverage down back. Treacy out suggests Fyfe will go forward and I’m guessing Sheppard takes him. If he drifts forward from centre I’m not sure who the Eagles have got that can limit his impact on the air. Hopefully he packs the right boots today and finds the big sticks. He looms as the difference without having Yeo hanging off him all day (and providing a threat the other way).

Certainly on importance to our team overall the outs are comparable.

Good analysis. Against your forwards we will really struggle without any of Ryan, Pearce or Hamling. We’d really need 2 of those 3 playing for me to have confidence that we can break even.

your backline outs are also huge, but we have a really weak forward line so it’s not as big a deal.

our mids should beat yours.

Eagles scoring conversion from inside 50s is really high normally, so it should be incredibly high against our defence this week. Sadly I think that will be the difference between the teams, so I’m tipping the eagles. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly on importance to our team overall the outs are comparable.
What? A few guys who have barely played in two years and your 5th best mid vs 4 All Australians, our captain and our full back. We might as well list Rioli, Hutchings, Venables, Cameron etc too. You’re having a laugh. Ryan I’ll give you but apart from that you’ve got your best 22 out there today.

Wonder how West Coast and Freo are gunna feel about servicing St Kilda's debt costs again at the end of the year when they are both facing losses from lack of crowds into a second year.

Back