Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - North v Demons Sun May 2nd 1:10PM EST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

• Demons by 7 - 20

• North by a lot

• Demons by a lot

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good effort from North today. Held it right to a top 2 side. Hopefully a win against a similarly placed Collingwood next week.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
he elbowed a guy in the head. are you seriously going to defend that

Yes. Watch the moment again in full speed and understand it was an action that was part of the game. Had the ball and tried to fend off. It was a touch reckless and I could see how he might get suspended for it, but you cannot seriously believe that was deliberate malice in the action.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
The way commentators talk about indigenous players is weird and uncomfortable.
I reckon it’s half a product of the world we are in, where every word about them is scrutinised by fringe groups who try to find negative twists on anything said. Everyone steps on eggshells just in case something is said that can be taken the wrong way

Jun 20, 2011
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C., LAL
The way commentators talk about indigenous players is weird and uncomfortable.

They don’t have the social intelligence to know what to say, so they fumble over it. How about just don’t change your commentary at all, because nothing should change?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
You have to question North's fitness, they always seem to drop off badly in the last quarter.

Turned into a comfortable win now for Melbourne.
I reckon it’s more like a long horse or track race, where the underdog gets out ahead early with a sprint, but eventually gets wound in by the better horse/runner.

can’t blame north for trying it, as sometimes we do see it pay off.

Well Melbourne have dee-livered again for their supporters. Not a game for their annual highlights DVD but they keep on finding a way to win.
Credit to the Roos who really took it up to them early.

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I also reckon we were being over rated by the outside, but who has gone past us now this weekend?

Not so much another team has gone past you or the Dogs; before this I thought Dogs and Demons plus Richmond were the clear best three in the comp (you have to include Richmond for their record over the past few years); but the results sort of drag you a bit closer to the pack of top 8 sides, if you will.

Not a great weekend for Port or Cats either so perhaps I'm making a bit much of the North/Melb result.

Never expected this to be easy.

We were stuck in 2nd gear for most of the game and North came to play.

We hit 3rd gear late in the game and thankfully dug in for the win. Well deserved 4 points.

North will eventually win a game, possibly next week even. A good game to get behind us.

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Would much rather be in North’s position than Collingwood’s. Some patience needed but they’re gonna be okay.

You have to question North's fitness, they always seem to drop off badly in the last quarter.

Turned into a comfortable win now for Melbourne.
Kids and the longest injury list would do that.

Back