Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - North v Demons Sun May 2nd 1:10PM EST (Blundstone)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

• Demons by 7 - 20

• North by a lot

• Demons by a lot

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Just lack the fitness, experience and class atm. Some ‘veterans’ not pulling their weight.

There were a fair few veterans that got North the early lead and kept North in it.

Hall and Cunnington were North’s best. Goldstein was pretty solid. Ziebell was good in the first half.

The best period of North’s game wasn’t powered by youth.

There were a fair few veterans that got North the early lead and kept North in it.

Hall and Cunnington were North’s best. Goldstein was pretty solid. Ziebell was good in the first half.

The best period of North’s game wasn’t powered by youth.
More so critical mistakes at crucial times in the second half when it mattered. The dee's have earned their top spot.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Just on the North Melbourne board. They have a thread dedicated to s**t players dominating them. If only they could put their own players in.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
More so critical mistakes at crucial times in the second half when it mattered. The dee's have earned their top spot.

Melbourne cranked up the pressure for that period where they came from three goals down to get a couple ahead, then North steadied for a while through their veteran players.

That heightened pressure exposed those poorer skilled mid age players and the younger players who were executing pretty well in the first half when Melbourne’s pressure was weak.

Melbourne had to move on quite a few players who looked good when pressure was down, but consistently failed when it was up through 2015-2020. That will be North’s job for the next few years.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Good that they were able to show some of the 2021 form in the second half and get the win.

Bad that it took North jumping them and putting on the pressure for the first half to get them to actually engage in playing football, any team can beat/challenge any other team in this league on a given day if they bring effort and pressure.

Very big fan of Tom Powell, kid is a ripper.

DrPowellPepper

All Australian
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Spurs
I’ve particularly enjoyed talking footy with the smug Melbourne supporters this week.

Only a matter of time before their soft underbelly gets exposed, again.
What happened ? Thought u wanted to talk footy ? Seems like u wanted to come and troll when melbourne were losing because ur still salty from last week but U went missing when melbourne started winning.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Summed up by a earlier poster. Melbourne will lose at some point. North will win at some point. Both seemed possible today. A good sign for us that we can win comfortably after not playing so well majority of the game.
Really think north cut too deep on their list. Have a few soldiers out and can’t cover it. Saying that they’ll be a chance against pies next week.

Wise Guy Sam

Premium Platinum
Dec 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Galactic Empire
I like what I saw of North. I think they out coached us and worked out how to slow us right down. Well coached and executed in the first half. Young team ran out of legs. Stamina probably wasn’t helping by old mate umpires calling play on immediately, every time someone marked it.

Dees looked very out of sorts. I don’t think we like it when our run is stopped. Hawks and North both did this well against us.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Summed up by a earlier poster. Melbourne will lose at some point. North will win at some point. Both seemed possible today. A good sign for us that we can win comfortably after not playing so well majority of the game.
Really think north cut too deep on their list. Have a few soldiers out and can’t cover it. Saying that they’ll be a chance against pies next week.

We would be stuffed without Goldy and Cunnington.
Tarrant and LMac out hurts as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne to win by probably ~5 goals I think, North look done. That said, the weekend has taken the shine off both the doggies and Melbourne as flag fancies.
Not that I think we will win the flag, but how do you come to this thought pattern?

Beating last years grand finalists by 34 & 35 points now become irrelevant because we beat the bottom team by less? That is pretty ******* dumb logic

TheEnsign

Club Legend
Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Jun 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
That is pretty ******* dumb logic

You want a genuine answer and that's how you sign off? Nice.

'Taking the shine off' doesn't mean your other wins are suddenly 'irrelevant' (and speaking of poor logic, I'm not sure how you used the first term to infer the second), just brings you back to the pack of contenders a bit more. The comment was aimed at how I would perceive opposition players from mid or lower level teams will now go into a Dees game mindset wise - previously it would be 'holy s**t, it's Melbourne'; now there'd be fair bit more positivity - 'if North can go with them for 3 1/2 quarters, then surely we can give it a good shake too'.

You want a genuine answer and that's how you sign off? Nice.

'Taking the shine off' doesn't mean your other wins are suddenly 'irrelevant' (and speaking of poor logic, I'm not sure how you used the first term to infer the second), just brings you back to the pack of contenders a bit more. The comment was aimed at how I would perceive opposition players from mid or lower level teams will now go into a Dees game mindset wise - previously it would be 'holy s**t, it's Melbourne'; now there'd be fair bit more positivity - 'if North can go with them for 3 1/2 quarters, then surely we can give it a good shake too'.
tbf I think almost all Melbourne supporters think we are in the lower part of the contending pack (many still think we aren't even there) and aren't ahead of any of them. The North game was probably our hardest of the year considering we had to come from behind but that is a good sign imo as previous Melbourne teams would have rolled over and lost. The fact we could still turn it on and win when our number 1 asset our contested ball/clearance work was down and our 3 big players had quieter games

DrPowellPepper

All Australian
Jul 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham Spurs

Attachments

• 5307DA20-17F1-4758-9CE7-B47F4EDC7E04.jpeg
    5307DA20-17F1-4758-9CE7-B47F4EDC7E04.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
Back