Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Swans v Cats Sat May 1st 7:25pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Eshay187

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2012
Grill
AFL Club
Sydney
The ABC radio commentary just played the isolated audio, umpire clearly says “touched play on,
Yes good chance- he’s a very good kick and a left footer.
Without being able to fix the angle he is 10% chance at best. You’d rather be a right footer kicking across the body as it has to be a genuine banana to break the angle.

I’m an astrophysicist.

Shadow89

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Tribalistic?, what a in depth analysis of my motives. I am just being objective

I cracked a joke and you got so utterly defensive (maybe because he is apart of your tribe?) that you attempted to present him as a saint. He is football coach..... who cares about the people he works with (Slow clap).......
You're being a dick, even though you won lol - after I provided a fairly neutral statement regarding another poster's assessment of him being 'magnanimous.'

It's not an 'attempt' to present him in a good light...when he actually did the thing I said he did.

lollol

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2014
NT
AFL Club
Sydney
You're being a dick, even though you won lol - after I provided a fairly neutral statement regarding another poster's assessment of him being 'magnanimous.'

It's not an attempt to present him in a good light...when he actually did the thing I said he did.
I am not a penis. I am a person, I resent that mean statement.

Every person thinks they are "neutral" and unbiased. Most people have no idea how biased humans really are.

By the way, i didn't say he was a bad dude. I just cracked a joke about him wanting to punch on at half time. You went full defence for him implying
he was a amazing person for taking a pay cut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lollol

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2014
NT
AFL Club
Sydney
Oh buddy, I would rather lose to you guys by 2 points and via efficient goalkicking - who are a current Top 4 team - then get belted by freaking Gold Coast, hahaha :tearsofjoy:
yeah, i get what your are saying. But, can you answer the question. did you win? :p

caitsith01

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Geelong
Very dubious umpiring at the end but Geelong absolutely threw that away. Kick straight or get a real ruck who doesn't get touched up by a D grade journeyman and we would have been 6 goals up at that point. Well played Swans, would have been easy to give up at quarter time.

Heeney2Franklin

Hall of Famer
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
We lost every stat in the game even tackles! had a awful day with a relative having a nasty fall so i stopped watching after the 1st qtr thinking a flogging was on.

Goal kicking still the most important stat but Geelong normally win these games 9.9/10 with that dominance.

pOleK

Professional Footy Watcher
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Ump was definitely yelling out something while it was in flight. Could have been "touched ... play on" but it's not clear to me.
I actually think the umps said both phrases but in all the hysteria was trying to get it as clear as possible that it wasn't going to be a mark and in that process, remember umps are human too working in high-stress scenarios where they get continually and publically ridiculed (sometimes justified), has just made a brain fade and shouted out the wrong thing.

You can hear it when he calls it initially, he says "touch, play on, touched" and then as Cameron takes the mark he says "not 15" in the heat of the moment, probably trying to get across that it won't be a mark. Oh well, swings and roundabouts.

Maddo11

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't think Cameron kicks that goal anyway. Siren would have sounded, stopping him from running around and snapping. Would have had to have kicked a drop punt from behind the boundary line with no angle.

Heeney2Franklin

Hall of Famer
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Very dubious umpiring at the end but Geelong absolutely threw that away. Kick straight or get a real ruck who doesn't get touched up by a D grade journeyman and we would have been 6 goals up at that point. Well played Swans, would have been easy to give up at quarter time.
You probably haven't watched many Swans games if you think Hickey is a D grade ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad