Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Swans v Cats Sat May 1st 7:25pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Even if it was a mistake from the umpires and the wrong call, So what its a mistake they are human and can make mistakes

Like the non holding the ball in the Brisbane game. What goes around comes around

elastic

Cometh the moment
Jul 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't think Cameron kicks that goal anyway. Siren would have sounded, stopping him from running around and snapping. Would have had to have kicked a drop punt from behind the boundary line with no angle.
For the sake of argument, can we just pretend he kicked the impossible goal after the siren to send the Cats faithful into a frenzy.
Personally, I can't imagine it happening. Most likely siren blows and he kicks it straight into the goal post to go down by a point.
But for the sake of argument can you just imagine...

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
lmao sydney fans are really in here defending the umpiring
I'm sure they are. As a Geelong fan, if you think you got robbed tonight, cats robbed Brisbane a few weeks back in Geelong where that tackle should of been holding the ball or an illegal throw 15 metres out

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol at the anti Geelong rubbish in here.
2 free kicks on the siren but people in here try to justify it with previous calls or bad kicking. These justifications weren’t given to us despite the umpires giving Brisbane 10 shots on goal to our 1.

That wasn’t touched and even if it was called touched (which I didn’t hear)
You don’t even need to say not 15 if it’s touched. It’s just touched play on.
Not 15m though... wow.
HTB also, no attempt. Umpires get HTB wrong all the time. Like when Jordan Clark wasn’t rewarded v Brisbane.

Just because we got away with one in the Brisbane game at the end isn’t justice or Karma. Do Brisbane get the 4 points back? And Sydney owe how many premiership points now? The 4 v Essendon and the 4 tonight?
Also where’s the karma for Barry Hall playing in a GF when he didn’t deserve to?
Point is I hardly think Sydney should be getting ‘justice’ for anything, especially something on Brisbane’s behalf.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think there were some crucial missed calls. Geelong played better but blew their chances in front of goal. Swans gutted out the victory and survived a 50/50 call and I thought Cameron had that mark. Sydney at 5-2 are starting to remind me of 2012 Adelaide, this is a huge win for them and will have to fancy their chances against a likely unbeaten Melbourne. They seem to pull off these wins when they are underdogs.

BloodRet

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
just got home, absolute limbs. the thing is if the cameron mark was paid (which it should have been, went well over 15m), he would've had to have kept a straight line in the run up of his kick otherwise it would've been called play-on after the siren went. so doubt he would've kicked it anyway with that considered. crazy finish

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
People aren't serious with wanting holding the ball played at the end, they hadn't paid it that quick during the game, the boundary throw in was with 6 seconds left on the clock by the time the Swans player got it 3 seconds at best would have been left on the clock, no holding the call i've seen is paid with in 3 seconds, and i thought i heard touch called on the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richo was the one who said it was not 15, Darc who said Selwood could have had a HTB free. It's like the RFK assasination, complete chaos, too many bullets, and unreliable witnesses.

Therefore, Ill blame Geelong's inaccuracy, plenty of opps to ice the game. Big forwards missing set shots their bread ans butter is IT.

CrowInFiji

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was the 2nd time tonight I saw such an instance

The other was the Hawkins set shot on goal 5 minutes earlier
he backed off skirting the contest, and needed the goal umpire to tell him wtf happened so they could give Sydney the kick.

Same boundary too I believe.

How many games has he done?

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol at the anti Geelong rubbish in here.
2 free kicks on the siren but people in here try to justify it with previous calls or bad kicking. These justifications weren’t given to us despite the umpires giving Brisbane 10 shots on goal to our 1.

That wasn’t touched and even if it was called touched (which I didn’t hear)
You don’t even need to say not 15 if it’s touched. It’s just touched play on.
Not 15m though... wow.
HTB also, no attempt. Umpires get HTB wrong all the time. Like when Jordan Clark wasn’t rewarded v Brisbane.

Just because we got away with one in the Brisbane game at the end isn’t justice or Karma. Do Brisbane get the 4 points back? And Sydney owe how many premiership points now? The 4 v Essendon and the 4 tonight?
Also where’s the karma for Barry Hall playing in a GF when he didn’t deserve to?
Point is I hardly think Sydney should be getting ‘justice’ for anything, especially something on Brisbane’s behalf.
I love that you have gone back 16 years with the Barry Hall call. Kudos.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Journos and Chris Scott are saying it was denied because it didn't go 15m.

Interestingly, John Longmire says "I'm not saying anything about the umpires, I know that."

Of course you wouldn't John. They handed you a game earlier that you shouldn't have won, and last night could very easily have gone the other way too.

Back