Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Swans v Cats Sat May 1st 7:25pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Re-watching it a few times and I think he actually does say not 15.

Mind you, I think that went 14m :)
I got this from Gerard whateleys desk “the umpire was wrong”
1619910853128.png

1619910853128.png

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hahaha got reamed the whole game and finally get a couple of 50/50 calls at the end.

I wouldn't say the last call against Cameron was 50/50 call, clearly a mark that is paid 99.9% of the time. Baffling call to say the least.

I agree with your former point.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I wouldn't say the last call against Cameron was 50/50 call, clearly a mark that is paid 99.9% of the time. Baffling call to say the least.

I agree with your former point.
If it was not 15, I'll agree. That mark gets paid all day every day.

But there was a reverse angle that showed the umpire next to the kick physically signalling touched off the boot. Bit of a strange one.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Lol at the anti Geelong rubbish in here.
2 free kicks on the siren but people in here try to justify it with previous calls or bad kicking. These justifications weren’t given to us despite the umpires giving Brisbane 10 shots on goal to our 1.

That wasn’t touched and even if it was called touched (which I didn’t hear)
You don’t even need to say not 15 if it’s touched. It’s just touched play on.
Not 15m though... wow.
HTB also, no attempt. Umpires get HTB wrong all the time. Like when Jordan Clark wasn’t rewarded v Brisbane.

Just because we got away with one in the Brisbane game at the end isn’t justice or Karma. Do Brisbane get the 4 points back? And Sydney owe how many premiership points now? The 4 v Essendon and the 4 tonight?
Also where’s the karma for Barry Hall playing in a GF when he didn’t deserve to?
Point is I hardly think Sydney should be getting ‘justice’ for anything, especially something on Brisbane’s behalf.
You didn't hear it because you didn't WANT to hear it. Re-visit it in the sober light of day. It's pretty damn clear, the umpy says it at least twice. It was the dopey commentators that were hyping up the 'not 15m' nonsense.
AFL news 2021: Sydney Swans defeat Geelong Cats, Jeremy Cameron not paid a mark, 15m rule, Joel Selwood (foxsports.com.au)
And the duckwood tackle was 50-50, could easily have been high. It wasn't adjudged high because it was duckwood.
You have not been robbed, the correct result was reached.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pretty sure you can't call holding the ball after the siren guys. He did not have it anywhere near long enough to warrant that call.

Selwood was even tackling, just had his hand on him like the moron he is expecting the call to go his way. No wonder he can't win finals recently.

Case 1 Haywood takes what he believes to be a mark, overruled by one Ump who says touched play on - Haywood pinged for HTB!

Case 2 Cameron takes what he believes to be a mark. One ump had called touched and another not 15. He drops the ball over the line. Should have been pinged for dropping the ball/deliberate.

I am not an ump basher, but still remember a formal letter of apology being sent to Bloods after a certain GF. Otherwise you win and lose some.

I was however cranky with how the rub of the green went the Cats way the bulk of the night. There were two clear 50s that should have been paid. Hopefully the AFL review the deliberate very late hit and punch to McInerney's face after he marked. (he still calmly slotted the goal). The second was a late hit from behind after Stephens marked the ball on the Cats HFF.

I was really filthy when we were penalised for deliberate knocking the ball out of bounds. 4th Ump Selwood was running the decisions at that stage. The resultant passage of play ended with a Dahlhaus goal.

We can go tit for tat for days but the scoreboard will remain unchanged.

Commiserations to the Cats. With the talent at their disposal (inc young Henry who played a great game) they will be there again in September.

At Round 7 we have already equalled our win total from 2020. The remarkable Hickey aside, our best players were the younger crew. Whether we sneak a Finals spot remains to be seen. A lot of luck inc with the Injury Gods will be required. In what is really still a development year, we have already defeated the two 2020 GF teams and the Brions.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
just got home, absolute limbs. the thing is if the cameron mark was paid (which it should have been, went well over 15m), he would've had to have kept a straight line in the run up of his kick otherwise it would've been called play-on after the siren went. so doubt he would've kicked it anyway with that considered. crazy finish

He would have been allowed to start at the fence and come in perpendicular to get the run up for a snap. Just not allowed to go past that straight line you talk about. So more difficult than normal and a good chance he misses it, but still able to get a snap away after the siren.

Apr 10, 2004
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
49ers, Liverpool
Have gone back and watched it a few times.

It is hard to hear exactly what the ump says, but it is definitely two words repeated twice, not the same word repeated 4 times. It sounds a whole more like "not 15 not 15" than "touched touched touched touched".

Then before the camera angle pans past the ump the ball had cleared the contest and was in the goal square. Ball kicked with 12 seconds to go, ump pans out with 10 seconds. The ump has not made a call, if it was touched they call it almost instantly.

Finally when the ump comes up to Cameron to signal the throw in he doesn't indicate it was touched by tapping one hand against the other. They always do that.

He would have been allowed to start at the fence and come in perpendicular to get the run up for a snap. Just not allowed to go past that straight line you talk about. So more difficult than normal and a good chance he misses it, but still able to get a snap away after the siren.
Reckon you're more chance kicking a goal with a drop punt than a snap in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
Forget the last couple of minutes. This was a typical predictable loss for Geelong. Always coming off a good win they fail to take the opportunity to cement a place higher on the ladder. These types of performances are littered through Scotts tenure. Seemingly in cruise control early on and then his inept coaching or lack of tactics cannot stem the flow of Sydney goals.
We can whinge and bitch about being hard done by but the real issue is the coaching performance of Scott.
PS Miers can be traded,

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just watched it again, umpire clearly says “touched, play on” as soon as the ball is kicked. Correct decision not to pay the mark.

How do you know this? I couldn't hear it from the audio and Darcy's groupie-like shouting screams.

Even IF we did get lucky at the end there, give me a ******* break with all the comments about Sydney typically being kissed on the dick.

Years of free kick statistics show that that is just categorically not true.

images

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
just watched it on my pc through the headset. Ump for sure says not 15. I don't think Cameron kicks it regardless.

So the second the ball leaves his boot, umpy calls not 15. Seems legit

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
How do you know this? I couldn't hear it from the audio and Darcy's groupie-like shouting screams.

I didn't watch the game and just watched the highlights (prior to coming into this thread). I heard 'touched, play on'. I can't blame Cameron for being shocked by it though as the crowd was so loud.

I didn't watch the game and just watched the highlights (prior to coming into this thread). I heard 'touched, play on'.
It's like that dress colour illusion.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
just watched it on my pc through the headset. Ump for sure says not 15. I don't think Cameron kicks it regardless.

I just decided to do the same after reading your post. I now hear both. First it's "touched, play on" then "not 15".

Either way, it's play on.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
I just decided to do the same after reading your post. I now hear both. First it's "touched, play on" then "not 15".

Either way, it's play on.
Everyone's right, yay

Except old mate umpy

Back