Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Swans v Cats Sat May 1st 7:25pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just decided to do the same after reading your post. I now hear both. First it's "touched, play on" then "not 15".

Either way, it's play on.
Yeah, I hear both. Actually think the "touched" call is more audible ironically because of the way the flogs are carrying on in the commentary box. Took me a few listens to hear "not 15".

rado

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The umps try hard, however during crucial stages of many games, they just don’t get it right.
Whether it be the amount or interpretation of rules, positioning, confidence or courage, consistency in games and across games is absent.
I’ve turned off games this year, because I just can’t sit through poor decision making.
The media can’t call it out because of AFL broadcasting rights, but the level and consistency of umpiring at a professional level across ALL games is appalling!!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Even IF we did get lucky at the end there, give me a ******* break with all the comments about Sydney typically being kissed on the dick.

Years of free kick statistics show that that is just categorically not true.

images

There is a MAJOR outliner there can anyone spot it?

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have the hearing of a wolf, trust me.stands.

A wolf without ears?

The AFL came out and said that Nicholls called "not 15m". The touch play on was not called.

The ball travelled 22m. My original point

Last edited:

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Vindicated. Now all the smug Sydney trolls in here can shut the hell up:

Kudos to those who were actually unbiased in their assessment.

Evens out the Bailey decision earlier on in the season - football definitely is a karmic sort of game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rado

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The umpires should not be mic'd up in the first place.
Turn them off completely and there would be no controversy on calls like these as the public would never know the truth. It worked fine for the best part of 90 years prior to making them the center of attention in the early 00's.
The mics are clearly an issue, however I think the main issue is the amount of rules and number of field umpires leading to wide swings in consistency.

Hands in the back and chopping arms/hands during marking contests, prior opportunity, deliberate (did the player do everything in power to keep ball in play), shepherding in the ruck, throwing the ball, impeding etc etc

Take your pick ..... but these are are a few examples of where decisions in game, across games and from week to week are interpreted inconsistently by umpires. Don’t get me wrong, the umps try hard and I’m sure try to be consistent, but it just does not happen.

Back