Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Swans v Cats Sat May 1st 7:25pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you win tonight?

Oh buddy, I would rather lose to you guys by 2 points and via efficient goalkicking - who are a current Top 4 team - then get belted by freaking Gold Coast, hahaha :tearsofjoy:

Very dubious umpiring at the end but Geelong absolutely threw that away. Kick straight or get a real ruck who doesn't get touched up by a D grade journeyman and we would have been 6 goals up at that point. Well played Swans, would have been easy to give up at quarter time.

We lost every stat in the game even tackles! had a awful day with a relative having a nasty fall so i stopped watching after the 1st qtr thinking a flogging was on.

Goal kicking still the most important stat but Geelong normally win these games 9.9/10 with that dominance.

Ump was definitely yelling out something while it was in flight. Could have been "touched ... play on" but it's not clear to me.

I actually think the umps said both phrases but in all the hysteria was trying to get it as clear as possible that it wasn't going to be a mark and in that process, remember umps are human too working in high-stress scenarios where they get continually and publically ridiculed (sometimes justified), has just made a brain fade and shouted out the wrong thing.

You can hear it when he calls it initially, he says "touch, play on, touched" and then as Cameron takes the mark he says "not 15" in the heat of the moment, probably trying to get across that it won't be a mark. Oh well, swings and roundabouts.

I don't think Cameron kicks that goal anyway. Siren would have sounded, stopping him from running around and snapping. Would have had to have kicked a drop punt from behind the boundary line with no angle.

yeah, i get what your are saying. But, can you answer the question. did you win? :p

Yep we lost by 2 points :) And you lost to Gold Coast by 6 goals - as I said, I know which one I'd rather

Very dubious umpiring at the end but Geelong absolutely threw that away. Kick straight or get a real ruck who doesn't get touched up by a D grade journeyman and we would have been 6 goals up at that point. Well played Swans, would have been easy to give up at quarter time.

You probably haven't watched many Swans games if you think Hickey is a D grade ruck.

lmao sydney fans are really in here defending the umpiring

Defending? Can you read? Do they not have schools down in Sleepy Hollow?

They reamed us for 95% of the night FFS. We have been ripping into the useless maggots.

It just so happens that we may or may not have gotten a 50-50 on the siren.

Not that you would admit to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D grade journeyman for Hickey has reaped A grade performance for the Swans this year. D grade at the 3 previous clubs and sought the opportunity at the Swans.

That non mark had a deviation right after the kick was made as the trajectory of the ball changed From low to suddenly upward. Umpire clearly waving from the beginning maybe a miscall but the deviation can be seen. All the other players didn't complain as they saw the play clearly only Cameron was a bit confused.

There was less than 2 seconds left on the clock when rowbottom grabbed the ball then selwood forearms him in the face. HTB call within that 2 seconds would have been stiff since not enough time would have been given to give him prior opportunity and also it was a head high tackle.

Clear swans win no controversy except the free goal against Lloyd for doing the right thing

D grade journeyman for Hickey has reaped A grade performance for the Swans this year. D grade at the 3 previous clubs and sought the opportunity at the Swans.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I would absolutely love it if Geelong took the trouble to recruit and develop an actual ruckman.

Back