Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 8 - GWS v Bombers Sat May 8th 2:10pm EST (GS) Start time amended

Who will win and by how much?

• Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

• Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

• Giants by a lot

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For the Giants. Adelaide side did not show up last week and won in a training drill. But this week Essendon showed up. GWS has led all day apart from the first goal to ESS and was made to earn this one. Hopper's goal was critical.

We played far better last week and lost some key players for this week. Riccardi should of played today and Mumford should of had a rest.

How has it slipped away. This team was favourite for the spoon but will probably end up with 4 or 5 wins?
Lost to a poor Hawks team by 1 point, lost to the red hot Swans by 3 points, lost to the Blues after leading by 20 and now lost to the Giants by 2 points.

Regardless of the season expectations, the season was there for the Bombers. Hence why I said the Bombers didn't seem like a 2-6 team to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really enjoying this season, we aren't as bad as everyone thought (including me) and we have some decent kids improving weekly.
And you'll get another top pick, despite being in the games. That was something the Lions did very often in 2018, our last "bad" season.

Good signs for the Bombers, just have to hold onto Merrett and you guys will be fighting for top 8 next season, easily.

Entertaining game to watch. Pity about the result from our perspective.

Hate the commentator/spectator "brave" calls, but couldn't have asked for much more.

We won't be winning many games this year (obviously) but we will be 'in' a lot of games. Think we can start winning these close ones in the next couple of seasons.

Granted I was in a stand off the ground behind the forward pocket but the umpiring looked fine today. Only couple of calls that didn't look right.

Essendon did well to adjust after quarter time. The mids pushed up the ground to provide options and caught GWS off guard. They probably should have won today but so many times a good passage of play was let down by an errant kick or a kick that put the receiver under pressure. So many field kicks were kicked to the man rather than to his advantage in front of him.

Very odd take at end of game ….again.
The effort is there but skills are appalling. Langford hit the opposition on the chest lace out more time than he did a team mate, Heppell is a deadset liability at times with ball in hand and far too many turnovers. We concede far too many goals from our turn overs

Not for me.

Hounrable losses breads a losing culture we want to develop a wining culture.

Disagree. s**t players make s**t teams.

Richmond had a losing culture before winning 3 flags. Melbourne leading the comp now had one.

The classic losing culture teams like Melbourne picked Scully and Trengove when they could have had Martin or Richmond picking Tambling when they could have had Franklin/Roughead.

Get the right players and your history is irrelevant. We still need a star big bodied mid. The pointy end of the draft is where they are found.

Back