Autopsy AFL 2021 Second Semi Final - Cats v Giants Fri September 3rd 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Finknottle

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Danger struggling, Parfitt injured. Midfield is not deep, forced to play Holmes there in the last quarter who was ok. It will be interesting to see who comes in for Parfitt. Narkle maybe.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
You realise how stupid this sounds, right? Good on Melbourne for overcoming recent cultural issues and getting back into the pointy end, but it would be as stupid as people saying they only got there because of all the early draft picks they stockpiled from tanking (sounds farcical doesn’t it?!)

But that would be factually incorrect. Our tanking seasons netted us Scully, Trengove ,Watts, Blease, Strauss. How many of those guys helped us? Not to mention the fact that we were legit horrendous anyway so we would've had most of these picks anyway. I await your reply. please do your research first.

And for the record, we were found not guilty of tanking after a thorough investigation and just did what every other low team had been doing for a decade.

May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
But that would be factually incorrect. Our tanking seasons netted us Scully, Trengove ,Watts, Blease, Strauss. How many of those guys helped us? Not to mention the fact that we were legit horrendous anyway so we would've had most of these picks anyway. I await your reply. please do your research first.

And for the record, we were found not guilty of tanking after a thorough investigation and just did what every other low team had been doing for a decade.
Think you’re making my point for me - but sure. I wasn’t accusing your club of tanking, I was actually stating how ridiculous that would be as a comparison to your original comment. No research required if you can understand basic English.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Think you’re making my point for me - but sure. I wasn’t accusing your club of tanking, I was actually stating how ridiculous that would be as a comparison to your original comment. No research required if you can understand basic English.

but you're denying that Hawkins, Ablett and Scarlett weren't/aren't father sons? No-one is claiming that the players in our team is from the tanking era. So like i said. my original comment is fact. Geelongs success has been due largely to their f/s luck.

Vivy

Premium Platinum
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
but you're denying that Hawkins, Ablett and Scarlett weren't/aren't father sons? No-one is claiming that the players in our team is from the tanking era. So like i said. my original comment is fact. Geelongs success has been due largely to their f/s luck.
Interesting "fact".

Especially considering teams weren't high on Scarlett or Ablett, and Hawkins was a bit part player up until 2011, and by that time Ablett was gone.

Melbourne's current success could succinctly be boiled down to Oliver, and Petracca and how they got to Melbourne because of how bad they've been?

All of this is rhetorical obviously. You're just a nuffer.

Gratees

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
So the arrogant w***er underdog is easier to support than the arrogant w***er "overdog"?

Gotcha.
Well yes, I think people don't hate GWS as much as you do, which makes sense since there is something of a rivalry between GWS and the Dogs, I just like orange lol. Another reason is maybe since it was in WA, the Western Australians may have just barracked for the non victorians

Well yes, I think people don't hate GWS as much as you do, which makes sense since there is something of a rivalry between GWS and the Dogs, I just like orange lol. Another reason is maybe since it was in WA, the Western Australians may have just barracked for the non victorians
That's fair, no one hates GWS as much I do.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I could’ve replied last week because tonight was inevitable. #bestservedcold

I’m happy you’ve got to enjoy one finals series in recent years.
You held off coz you knew if you went early you'd look stupid. Just admit it, even though you were 95% sure we'd lose tonight you didn't have full confidence in the Dees to get it done.

Back