Autopsy AFL 2022 First Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies Sat Sept 3rd 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 52 21.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 89 36.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

383A1746-4B4E-4B22-8DEE-E1748297FF42.png
H&A Ladder Position
1ST V 4TH

AFL 2022 FINALS WEEK 1
FIRST QUALIFYING FINAL
GEELONG V COLLINGWOOD
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 3RD 4:35PM EST (MCG)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

CATS

B: Z.Tuohy, S.De Koning, J.Bews
HB: M.Duncan, J.Henry, T.Stewart
C: I.Smith, J.Selwood, M.Holmes
HF: B.Close, J.Cameron, G.Miers
F: T.Stengle, T.Hawkins, G.Rohan
FOLL: R.Stanley, M.Blicavs, P.Dangerfield

I/C: Z.Guthrie, J.Kolodjashnij, C.Guthrie, T.Atkins
EMG: S.Menegola, M.O’Connor, B.Parfitt, J.Ceglar

IN: M.Duncan, J.Cameron, R.Stanley
OUT: M.O’Connor, E.Ratugolea, J.Ceglar, B.Parfitt (omitted)

MAGPIES
B: B.Maynard, D.Moore, J.Howe
HB: J.Crisp, N.Murphy, S.Pendlebury
C: J.Noble, T.Adams, I.Quaynor
HF: J.Elliott, D.Cameron, B.McCreery
F: N.Daicos, B.Mihocek, J.Daicos
FOLL: M.Cox, J.De Goey, S.Sidebottom

I/C: P.Lipinski, W.Hoskin-Elliott, J.Ginnivan, A.Johnson
EMG: T.Bianco, N.Kreuger, C.Brown, F.Macrae

IN: T.Adams
OUT: O.Henry (sub), F.Macrae (omitted)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:
Changes since last time these two teams met

Out: Grundy, Adams (questionable).
Ins: Johnson, Murphy.

Out: Higgins, Dahlhaus, Ratugolea.
Ins: Ceglar, Z.Guthrie, O'Conner.

Only thing I’m hanging my hat on is Geelong’s terrible post bye record in first week of finals.

1 win (Smith miss after the siren for the Hawks) and 8 losses in the last 10 years. The only thing that gives me confidence of getting up.

Hopefully Jez Cameron isn’t risked - that’ll also help!

Changes since last time these two teams met

Out: Grundy, Adams (questionable).
Ins: Johnson, Murphy.

Out: Higgins, Dahlhaus, Ratugolea.
Ins: Ceglar, Z.Guthrie, O'Conner.
Adams will come in for Macrae. Hopefully you guys decide to give Jezza another week’s rest for that hammy 😬

Adams will come in for Macrae. Hopefully you guys decide to give Jezza another week’s rest for that hammy 😬

I have read on here that the Cameron injury is nowhere near as bad as what it was reported to be. If he does miss, I think Collingwood win this one. He was the difference last time we met.

I have read on here that the Cameron injury is nowhere near as bad as what it was reported to be. If he does miss, I think Collingwood win this one. He was the difference last time we met.
I was shitting bricks about McKay/Curnow today. Hawk/Cameron won’t be that wasteful in a fortnight’s time 😬

I was shitting bricks about McKay/Curnow today. Hawk/Cameron won’t be that wasteful in a fortnight’s time 😬

No they won't. But just remember, De Koning is a young buck new on the scene. If ever there was a time for him to seize up in the moment, this is the game.
I have absolutely no faith in Blicavs, Bews, Z.Guthrie or Kolodjasnij. I know Stewart will play well but it's not as if we are this all conquering dominant force. A team full of old blokes on their last legs and have not had a decent hit-out for a good month.

Collingwood would not fear us one little bit. In fact, no finalist would. We have a monkey on the back and we are the heavy favourites to win it all. That usually spells trouble for this team.

Collingwood is the worst top 4 team in living memory. Geelong is the worst September team of this era.

Collingwood is inherently mediocre as their % illuminates and as their win-loss record disguises. But they have an annoying habit of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Geelong on the other is outstanding on paper. But they've looked good many years since 2011 and they've found a way to stuff it up every year.

1 of 2 things will happen. Either Geelong wins by 10+ goals or Collingwood wins by 1-6.

This will be a neutral fans paradise.

Collingwood win - Geelong get roasted for losing a QF again and sooking about the MCG again.

Geelong win - Collingwood get roasted as top 4 pretenders who rode all their luck during the H&A season.

Realistically there's a bigger gap between the sides than there was in 2019 when they met in the same fixture. Geelong should go in warm favourites, but it's a final so anything can happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting a huge crowd here. A good test for Geelong but they have passed many tests this season, so have Collingwood. Should be a great game. Not sure why this is the twilight game, Fremantle vs Dogs should have been the afternoon game and this the night game.

This will be a neutral fans paradise.

Collingwood win - Geelong get roasted for losing a QF again and sooking about the MCG again.

Geelong win - Collingwood get roasted as top 4 pretenders who rode all their luck during the H&A season.

It’s BF, this would be the norm regardless.

Surprised this game is being played at the Pies home ground
surely it should be at kardinia park

How? How could a final be at a ground where a team has NEVER played. Pendles said on Triple M in 17 years he's never played there so how could they have a final there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Geelong request a home game at the MCG against us every year? If so, then no can't play a final there that's ridiculous.

Collingwood is the worst top 4 team in living memory. Geelong is the worst September team of this era.

Collingwood is inherently mediocre as their % illuminates and as their win-loss record disguises. But they have an annoying habit of snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Geelong on the other is outstanding on paper. But they've looked good many years since 2011 and they've found a way to stuff it up every year.

1 of 2 things will happen. Either Geelong wins by 10+ goals or Collingwood wins by 1-6.
Like some pepper with your salt?
you got beat by the worst top 4 side in history twice this year, and by gees didn’t the umps try and get you into it in the third! Not to mention a player on the ground that should have been suspended!

Probably not the worst call. I don't want it to be close given how Pies are consistently finding a way there. But if we can get out and keep a margin it could blow out.

Just offloaded a gorilla on big Mason Cox to snag the first sausage roll at 251.

Wish me luck.

How? How could a final be at a ground where a team has NEVER played. Pendles said on Triple M in 17 years he's never played there so how could they have a final there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Geelong request a home game at the MCG against us every year? If so, then no can't play a final there that's ridiculous.
You're wrong. This has been done to death. We request 11 games at KP.

It reminds me a bit of the 2017 qualifying final for Geelong (against Richmond) where both teams were probably pretty happy with the match up going in. I think we're a lot better now than we were in 2017 though.

It's a top four opponent though and you can get rolled in a final easily if you don't bring your 'A' game, as we know only too well. Quietly confident, but no doubt there will be a few butterflies.

With yesterday's result to cap off the season, It's a unique weapon Collingwood has, especially at the MCG. And if any Geelong person tells you that Collingwood's comeback potential isn't in the back of their minds if it's a 20ish point lead halfway through the last quarter, they're lying.

Anyway, we need to get over this hoodoo of playing home finals against MCG tenants. It's time... please.

Back