Autopsy AFL 2022 First Semi Final - Pies v Freo Sat Sept 10th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 48 21.7%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just offloaded a gorilla on big Mason Cox to snag the first sausage roll at 251.

Wish me luck.

Pies will deservedly start favourites, but Freo absorbed massive amounts of pressure early on yesterday, and showed they can pile on goals quickly if the opposition gives them a look.

Might be another one of those games with big momentum swings and teams getting a run of goals at different times....

Anchors by 25
Nothing to lose now!
last time we had that mindset we beat cats at kadinnia and dees at the g by 6 goals and then we had expectation after that.
our game slowed down and we lost our flare.
41 points down last night expectation was gone and we were back.
We go in as clear under dogs the rest of the season.
Watch out Anchors are Rising!

Anchors by 25
Nothing to lose now!
last time we had that mindset we beat cats at kadinnia and dees at the g by 6 goals and then we had expectation after that.
our game slowed down and we lost our flare.
41 points down last night expectation was gone and we were back.
We go in as clear under dogs the rest of the season.
Watch out Anchors are Rising!
Bloody good come back.
I saw them during the season at Marvel and they also had a very slow start before overrunning St Kilda. Is that a trend?

For a team that focuses on defence, I dont think they can get away with it from now on. Saints and Dogs have tender bellies.

They are a very young side, finals inexperience, I think that could either hurt or help depending on the situation. Pies may be off edge after their huge effort. Longmuir knows the oppo. Looking forward to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confident that the Pies have got this one. Great comeback from Freo, but Dogs have been inconsistent all year and dropped some handy leads at times if my memories are correct.

I feel like we won't hand Freo 6 goals in a row.

No way we catch the Pies with anything like that head start but if Fremantle can start like they played the second half who knows. Would be happy with a contest and I've never been more confident in Freo's ability to play the MCG.

On paper it should be the Pies getting up at home - unlike the Dogs they actually field a forwardline, and they accounted for the Purps pretty handily earlier in the year.

However finals are funny beasts. In saying that though, neither side gets past the Swans the following week I reckon. They are peaking at the exact right time.

Can't see either team troubling Sydney. Collingwood at home to win and then be handled comfortably the week after.

Admittingly I haven't seen all that much of the dogs this year, however based slightly on previous seasons they play a fairly chaotic aggressive style to the pies. the pies however have a better defensive mechanisms which is why unlike the dogs the pies can get over freo.. playing Against Sydney in Sydney the week after isn't ideal however I think they are getable and they played their hand a bit last time we played them only a few weeks ago with a few tactics such as tagging Daicos etc.

Happy to be the underdogs - I think that mentally the boys seem to play better when they have nothing to lose. Pies should still be favourites, but maybe the odds are not as wide as the bookies are making out to be.

Back