Autopsy AFL 2022 First Semi Final - Pies v Freo Sat Sept 10th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 48 21.7%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood were atrocious at SCG last time they played there and are not the same side when not playing in front of their supporters or on a huge ground where they can apply their “get it out the back and attack like rabid dogs through the middle of the ground” strategy.

No space at the SCG. Swans to win.

Well done on Pies for honouring Mundy soon after the win.

He exaggerated contact, like usual. When a player exaggerates contact, it creates doubt in the umpires mind. The thing with Ginnivan is he was awarded about 20 goals worth of free kicks where he ducked. No-one likes players that do this. Weightman is the same. loved by their own club only. The one to blame outside of Ginnivan, is Craig McCrae. He hasn't pulled him aside and told him to cut it out. So he deserves everything that comes his way.
The figure is actually about 7-8 goals from frees so stop lying. He has kicked over 40 goals as a small fwd in basically his first season at 19 with no support from the umps and every gobshite like you screaming about him. Kid is a dead set hero..

Collingwood a mature team with finals experience. Seven players 30 and over.

Freo a young developing team that won its way to a MCG final after narrowly beating the WB at home.

Result was a given.
Who are our 7 30 year olds?
I can think of 5. And then you forgot to mention the 7 whom are 22 and under in the side.
Keep pushing this narrative. Maybe your side should recruit a few more old players
and you wouldn’t of been bundled out by Brisbane on your home deck.

I can think of 5. And then you forgot to mention the 7 whom are 22 and under in the side.
Keep pushing this narrative. Maybe your side should recruit a few more old players

Wasn’t a negative post it was that Collingwood are far more mature side than Freo. It showed as they were far stronger.

Collingwood’s pressure was good but geez Freo didn’t show up at all early on.

Confident we’ve got the Magpies covered next week but we’ll need to bring our best.
We have no fear - ranking 2 in pressure behind you is not phasing us.
But can you keep up with our speed- that’s the big question.

Keep your hair on, FFS. Don’t get so sensitive about your little footy team.

We have no fear - ranking 2 in pressure behind you is not phasing us.
But can you keep up with our speed- that’s the big question.
Honestly I have zero doubt that if both sides bring their best then we win. My worry is if we’re even slightly below our best then we’d be in trouble, but I guess that’s the same against any opponent really

You mean ageing footy team with 1 good season ahead before a lengthy rebuild 😂
I'd be more concerned trying to keep players in your team.
Just because you have some good young kids, doesn't mean you will get better. Team stability and leadership is important. You have neither.
I don't think you'll make finals next year. We've played you twice, and comprehensively defeated you both times. I think Freo are possibly the most overrated team in the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The figure is actually about 7-8 goals from frees so stop lying. He has kicked over 40 goals as a small fwd in basically his first season at 19 with no support from the umps and every gobshite like you screaming about him. Kid is a dead set hero..
It's a shame he plays for frees as a first instinct, got a great goal sense in a pack.

It's a shame he plays for frees as a first instinct, got a great goal sense in a pack.
I agree with you in the sense that there was a period this season he got into the bad habit of getting the ball and first reaction was to brace for a tackle.
It was becoming a problem in that he failed to get it off quickly to teammates in better position. I think Macrae even alluded to it in a presser.

But, he can get the ball and has shown he has good footy smarts. Looks so much better now he is getting that out of his game. 40 goals from a 19 yr old in basically his 1st season is better than Jayden Stephensen's 1st year as the rising star winner.

Either way very mature team.
It is a very mature team.

Next captain is a 26 year old Moore, we’ve got a 19 year old Daicos who plays like he’s 10 years in the system. Murphy, a 22 year old, looks like he’s 30 to be honest, Johnson is bloody old at 24 for a new recruit, our best player is De Goey, only 26, but he’s aged the rest of the group and it’s supporters by 5 years with his off-field antics. Elliott had his 30th the other week, so that bumps the actual figure up from 4 to 5 (not 7) so yeah, it’s a mature team both in terms of mentality and age.

McRae has been great all year, but he's stumbled with his presser IMO, i think he's believed it was Collingwood's right of passage to win every close game

Isn't that literally the coaches job? Install belief in the team?

This new mantra has certainly worked better than Nathan "not meeting your KPI's" Buckley...

The point was to not have a defeatist attitude going into next week, some would say that worked....

Wasn’t a negative post it was that Collingwood are far more mature side than Freo. It showed as they were far stronger.
Why pull a random stat that we had 7 x 30 year olds? You mentioned this a few times.

Do your homework before making silly comments.

We have 5 over 30, 7 players 22 and under and 10 in between 23-29

That seems like a very balanced list, but whatever. We are right in this now with 2 more games to win and we are premiers.

I just feel a few posters here are disappointed they didn’t get the upset the were craving, instead a Collingwood performance which has put Sydney on notice.

Back