Autopsy AFL 2022 First Semi Final - Pies v Freo Sat Sept 10th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 64 29.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 32.1%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 48 21.7%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1st off congratulations to the magpies tonight. Played 4 solid quarters of footy.

Freo were always constantly down by 4-6 goals all night. Could of been worse and lose by 60 points or more.

Only lost 11.13.79 to 9.5.59.

Sad for Mundy to retire.

Freos season is done but I am happy with freos season. 15 wins, 1 draw, 6 losses in the regular season.

Then got a finals win.
Still a fantastic season when you put it that way and it’s hard to forget that Freo were effectively the barometer for the first half of the season.

Plenty of upside yet

Isn't that literally the coaches job? Install belief in the team?

This new mantra has certainly worked better than Nathan "not meeting your KPI's" Buckley...

The point was to not have a defeatist attitude going into next week, some would say that worked....
Staggering the shift between Buckley and Macrae. Staggering. The list was there, Buckley had clearly not been able to motivate the players or get the style right.

I think I made a point that you’re a bit precious about your little footy club. It’s just a chat forum, relax.

Wasn't to me. Was to the other bloke, just thought the 'rest my case' was so damn lame especially when his reply didn't actually prove your point as it was a witty comment not an emotional response.

I'll let you off with a warning this time Davey.

Next time fight wit with wit. Or else.

We're going to smack the living suitcase out of a fraudulent Collingwood outfit.

Prepare for a straight sets execution you edentulous pack of inbreds.

I look forward to Caleb Serong feasting on the Collingwood faithful's collective heart, Khalesi style, mid way through the final quarter.

Probably the greatest raz ups in this forums history.

Well played Pies. Better in all facets. Love the ball movement.

Frederick kicked 2 goals in that final quarter.

Before this game, Frederick has kicked 26 goals and 14 behinds. Not bad for a side struggling up forward

Fredericks was a disaster, his two goals came at the end when the game was over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people don’t rate the pies still, but Degoey and Crisp were as good as any 2 mids this year last night.

Everyone’s playing their role and we just get the job done.

Don’t think the Pies are underrated. As mentioned there list is primed to challenge.

Staggering the shift between Buckley and Macrae. Staggering. The list was there, Buckley had clearly not been able to motivate the players or get the style right.
I think Macrae and his coaching team have a game style that the players actually enjoy playing. Why would you want to turn up each week playing slow, keepings off footy and not really trying to attack and win games? Players have quickly embraced a new style. Pies fans have been wanting this which was a reason we wanted a change.

Macrae also asked players where they felt they played their best footy. J Daicos and Sidebottom both said a wing, and so that got it and playing good footy. J Daicos in particular having his best season. Also wouldn't underestimate the kids coming through and their contribution.

I think Macrae and his coaching team have a game style that the players actually enjoy playing.

As a neutral in terms of Collingwood I've never really cared for the pies, but they are playing 1 hell of a game style that has to be respected. I don't think I've seen a team run as hard going forward and as hard going back as they did against Geelong. That game was all on Collingwood's terms. If it gets played like that again I'd take the pies to come out on top.

Can't be overstated how much the players are playing for Macrae and the belief they have in him and themselves. I almost feel like they deserve it already, but they have to go out and do it obviously. But they are playing a brand I don't think many teams could replicate.

Side note, when I was about 10 my parents took us over to Victoria to watch the crows play Collingwood at Victoria Park and we were sitting on a slab of concrete and these bogan pies fans come up and say "That's where we sit" 🤣🤣🤣. It was a slab of concrete. We just looked at them like ooooohkay lol. It was the match mick mcguane couldn't hit the side of his boot with the footy cos he had it jabbed up lol.

As a neutral in terms of Collingwood I've never really cared for the pies, but they are playing 1 hell of a game style that has to be respected. I don't think I've seen a team run as hard going forward and as hard going back as they did against Geelong. That game was all on Collingwood's terms. If it gets played like that again I'd take the pies to come out on top.

Can't be overstated how much the players are playing for Macrae and the belief they have in him and themselves. I almost feel like they deserve it already, but they have to go out and do it obviously. But they are playing a brand I don't think many teams could replicate.

Side note, when I was about 10 my parents took us over to Victoria to watch the crows play Collingwood at Victoria Park and we were sitting on a slab of concrete and these bogan pies fans come up and say "That's where we sit" 🤣🤣🤣. It was a slab of concrete. We just looked at them like ooooohkay lol. It was the match mick mcguane couldn't hit the side of his boot with the footy cos he had it jabbed up lol.
If you lift up that slab of concrete, it takes you to platform 9 and 3/4

Back