AFL Grand Final AFL 2022 Grand Final - Cats vs Swans Sat Sept 24th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • Cats by 7-20

Votes: 75 27.4%
  • Swans by 7-20

Votes: 88 32.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 60 21.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They were a 5-8 side and were lucky to be there. But they were also a very young side and will only get better.
No guarantee. They may just be weakminded. They may never get another shot.

I had Sydney by 3-4 goals going into the game, stated it numerous times on the forum I believed the Cats had the softest draw and though Swans pressure would be too much for them. Was thinking the odds and punters were crazy for tipping cats this heavily. I guess my bias clouded judgement here, they played a fantastic game and weren’t going to be beaten, full credit to the cats they were great and admitni was wrong on this side.

I’m completely fed up with one sided grand finals though not going to lie.

As a Hawks fan who has seen a lot of Grand Final wins at the ground, it would suck to play a side that folded so hard. Even in 2014, our win was huge but Sydney still tried hard. They were embarrassing yesterday.
Sydney didn’t try that hard in 14, you embarrassed them as much as yesterday. It was phenomenal watching the WB go to dust in the second half last year. Nothing better.

Sydney didn’t try that hard in 14, you embarrassed them as much as yesterday. It was phenomenal watching the WB go to dust in the second half last year. Nothing better.
Was a strange finals series. Started so well but results led us to team 1, playing off against team 6 or 7. Going in I thought it would have been. Dees vs Pies GF, I rated the Cats third best. Shows what I know.

I had Sydney by 3-4 goals going into the game, stated it numerous times on the forum I believed the Cats had the softest draw and though Swans pressure would be too much for them. Was thinking the odds and punters were crazy for tipping cats this heavily. I guess my bias clouded judgement here, they played a fantastic game and weren’t going to be beaten, full credit to the cats they were great and admitni was wrong on this side.

No one could have predicted the downfall of Melbourne, which had a sliding doors effect. My mate is a Dees supporter and I blamed him and his side for yesterday 😂

Yeah what a coincidence two weeks in a row teams didn’t “show up” against cats, it’s just unbelievable

The game was over 15 mins into the first quarter. Shouldn’t take anything away from Geelong, but Sydney didn’t deserve to be there. They got lucky. You did make your own luck but with Melbourne folding and the Pies losing by a kick against the umpires and SCG bias, this was what happened. Geelong fans would have preferred a decent team against them too.
Winning 16 in a row isn't luck. That's classic Hawfie tears - thanks for Isaac.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will always be the ones with the huge asterisks next to their name with their home ground advantage. Guaranteed top 4 every year with a Victorian fixture and the home ground advantage of an interstate team. There’s a reason 33+ year olds are still running around like teens

Just imagine how much more of an advantage it would be if they got 12 games at home like West Coast instead of the 9 they do get.

They were a 5-8 side and were lucky to be there. But they were also a very young side and will only get better.
Easy to say in hindsight however they were still the 2nd best team over the 2nd half of the season. They deserved to be there cause they were there. Cats would have demolished pies yesterday as well and everyone would have been saying “oh if Sydney made it, they would have given them more of a game”

Easy to say in hindsight however they were still the 2nd best team over the 2nd half of the season. They deserved to be there cause they were there. Cats would have demolished pies yesterday as well and everyone would have been saying “oh if Sydney made it, they would have given them more of a game”
Nah Pies Vs Cats would have been huge. Agree the Cats would have won with that effort, but a much better game.

Nah Pies Vs Cats would have been huge. Agree the Cats would have won with that effort, but a much better game.
Who knows, I heard the exact same thing after we demolished the giants in 2019. Pies would have been smacked if they made it, cats were on a different level yesterday, it might not have been 81 pts but a smashing nonetheless.

Who knows, I heard the exact same thing after we demolished the giants in 2019. Pies would have been smacked if they made it, cats were on a different level yesterday, it might not have been 81 pts but a smashing nonetheless.
And with our historical three peat it was all because we played interstate sides. I hear your point but yesterday Sydney didn’t belong. s**t happens but shame for the game and for the Cats IMO. Imagine a two or three goal win against the Pies in a belter of a game over that crap. Was a sliding doors thing with Melbourne folding for whatever reasons and Sydney having a fluke y/ lucky run into the GF.

Geelong will always be the ones with the huge asterisks next to their name with their home ground advantage. Guaranteed top 4 every year with a Victorian fixture and the home ground advantage of an interstate team. There’s a reason 33+ year olds are still running around like teens

Is it because of our strength and conditioning program?

Funny how a side dependent on their home ground went 13-3 away from it this year isn’t it

Will that tip the scales to a night grand final or do you think it was the teams playing or public perception of AFL this particular week?
Was a strangely quiet crowd all day. I’ve been to the last 12 or so GF’s never been to one with less atmosphere. Right before the first bounce. All this WFH bullshit has made everyone lose their mojo or something.

Back