AFL Grand Final AFL 2022 Grand Final - Cats vs Swans Sat Sept 24th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 26 9.5%
  • Cats by 7-20

Votes: 75 27.4%
  • Swans by 7-20

Votes: 88 32.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 60 21.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

IMHO this would have been even more one sided with Collingwood in the GF. Not sure why people think otherwise, they were even more stuffed than Sydney last week.
No chance.

Pies had to play at the SCG with a five goal umpire breeze and the Swans got one of those flukes starts.

But you guys would have won. You were epic yesterday and even as a Hawk when Selwood kicked that goal it was so fitting.

I called it early, even before the match I predicted a 60 point win to Geelong.
You should get into the media. David King predicted a 60 point win to the Swans before the 2014 GF and Matthew Lloyd said mid way through the 3rd quarter of the 2008 GF that the Hawks were out on their feet and Geelong would run over us.

You should get into the media. David King predicted a 60 point win to the Swans before the 2014 GF and Matthew Lloyd said mid way through the 3rd quarter of the 2008 GF that the Hawks were out on their feet and Geelong would run over us.
Media is the domain of the ex footballer, where intuition or
Physhic ability are not required on their resume.

Media is the domain of the ex footballer, where intuition or
Physhic ability are not required on their resume.
Thank goodness for Daisey Pearce. She’s easily the best special comments person we’ve had. I’ve noticed so many times she says such amazing things and some of the boys club just don’t acknowledge them. Love how Hodgey for one always shows her the respect she deserves.

Well your team had a chance to do something about it and couldn't

Two chances in fact

Same with the Pies

Both would have been spanked yesterday too
No they wouldn't. Melbourne and Geelong match up really well against Geelong. Melbourne under no circumstances deserved to be anywhere near the GF, or the Prelim but in terms of matchups we almost always blanket Hawkins and Cameron with our key backs so there's at least 6 goals taken off :)

What's with Papley being up and about during the wins but when his side needs him goes invisible. That's down hill skier stuff. Heeney I thought deserved his AA selection but boy gee it looks like a terrible selection retrospectively.

No they wouldn't. Melbourne and Geelong match up really well against Geelong. Melbourne under no circumstances deserved to be anywhere near the GF, or the Prelim but in terms of matchups we almost always blanket Hawkins and Cameron with our key backs so there's at least 6 goals taken off :)

What's with Papley being up and about during the wins but when his side needs him goes invisible. That's down hill skier stuff. Heeney I thought deserved his AA selection but boy gee it looks like a terrible selection retrospectively.
Papley tried his guts out yesterday. And Melbourne flaking it in the finals led to the Swabs gifted a GF spot. It’s all your fault 😂

Are future/projected finals performances taken into consideration for AA? Srs question

How good was Dane Rampe post-match? Massive kudos, great sport.

Lol. Sydney match up well on Geelong too, having won the previous two games against them. Fox held Cameron to 0 goals until halfway through the last.

Small forward goes missing during midfield flogging? Stop the presses

Heeney always seemed to be 5 steps away from applying any pressure at all, woeful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. Sydney match up well on Geelong too, having won the previous two games against them. Fox held Cameron to 0 goals until halfway through the last.

Heeney always seemed to be 5 steps away from applying any pressure at all, woeful
Heeney, Mills were so bad.

Good point re: Sydney's form.

Papley played a lot in the middle. Where was his arrogance, his antics, his physicality, his identity? Nowhere. He didn't do anything to give the game a different feel.

The funniest thing is that Geelong is literally doing what Carlton used to do with our brown paper bags and everyone hated us for it.

The Cats get lauded though, makes me laugh
Not exactly the same. There's is through obviously dodgey house and land deals.

Carlton were just giving cash

Can you direct me to more info about these house and land deals?
It was mentioned by a player a few years ago. He said the club "helped him get a good deal"
The article was taken down fairly quickly after it was published. I'm sure it's still out there somewhere.

It's not actually illegal for it to happen though. No different to sponsors giving players a free car, but dies make you wonder if they'd have been able to retain their list and bring in some players had they not had certain builders in their pocket

???
Everyone was saying before the GF Sydney match up well against Geelong.. LoL

As I just said, it's technically OK.
I know the hawks had an arrangement for $1 leases with Audi.
Richmond would have something with Jeep.
It would be nice if all of this was out in the open.... I remember Melbourne sweet-talking a trade target by offering their partner a kushy job in their chosen industry.

Reckon Geelong would definitely have the offers here though. Hard to go past a nice house or two on the coast at a big fat discount price.

Back