Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 10 - Tigers v Bombers Sat May 21st 7:30pm EST (MCG) Dreamtime at the G

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

• Tigers by a goal or less

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

• Tigers by a lot

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

After what will be another week of media scrutiny, club legend lectures, dejected supporters and defiant defending I'm sure the Bombers will be out for blood next round to really show some heart and show that what sort of club they are. Problem is, they have Port in ADL. Then the bye, then Carlton and St Kilda. They could show some heart after that v West Coast.

Last edited:
Better effort from the Bombers but the Tiges had the upper hand throughout.

The highlight for me was the crowd topping 70k. This was a cracking result. I reckon a lot were checking the election results as a few random cheers could be heard that were unrelated to the play.

The lowlight was the umpiring, as it was in the North v Dees game earlier. Overly technical adjudication combined with the threat of 50s for twitching on the mark or raising an eyebrow at the Umps is just dire.

Umpiring is at its best when the Umps are nigh on invisible and the game flows. Nowadays the three Umps are the most important figures on the ground and the risk is their decisions will be remembered more than wonderful passages of play.

The lowlight was the umpiring, as it was in the North v Dees game earlier. Overly technical adjudication combined with the threat of 50s for twitching on the mark or raising an eyebrow at the Umps is just dire.

Umpiring is at its best when the Umps are nigh on invisible and the game flows. Nowadays the three Umps are the most important figures on the ground and the risk is their decisions will be remembered more than wonderful passages of play.
Agree, I’m normally very pro umpire and I’m the one talking sense into my one eyed mates during a game that maybe yes, Nank did try to decapitate that bloke and a free kick is fair enough.

But last night was as frustrating as I remember. So stop starty, a lot of it is due to our indiscipline but there is plenty of responsibility on the umpires/rules committee.

Better effort from the Bombers but the Tiges had the upper hand throughout.

The highlight for me was the crowd topping 70k. This was a cracking result. I reckon a lot were checking the election results as a few random cheers could be heard that were unrelated to the play.

Agree 100%! What this style of umpiring does is ruin the flow of the game, especially when they set that tone early, players are on edge about giving soft free and inhibits good play. Was not an enjoyable game to watch except for a few really good passages of play.

PS.....id rather have everyone wear soft helmets than this dangerous tackle business.

What an all round terrible game last night was. We should have won by 50 points so disappointing to only win by 30 as bombers are putrid.
Most serious thing is the way this game is being officiated, they are seriously taking any bit of physicality out of the game and trying to find a free at every contest. Really turning me and many others off the game. So over officiated.
Last night was a disgrace.

Was at the game and disgusted by the umpiring.

What is usually a blockbuster fixture was ruined by trash calls. 6x 50m penalties all to Dons, maybe half of them were there. Huge inconsistencies. I felt that the umpires were responsible for adjusting the scoreline to the tune of at least 4 goals (disallowed to Tarrant, Bolton and maybe Dusty. Frees to Hobbs and Bryan).

The score review was particularly pathetic and a waste of time.

Dons are in real trouble as a club. Some talent there but appear bereft of leadership and team spirit. Went to 'fly the flag' but I thought they were just trying to start scuffles to act tough, all fake. Francis I thought should have been cited for charging Nankervis from behind and it wasn't even a 50m penalty. I have no idea what this club needs to pick itself up but gee it's going to be a long year I suspect. Heppell shouldn't be captain IMO.

Crowd was unruly also. Two streakers, a few fights. Really poor form from the attendees - this is the kind of crap that I expect in soccer matches, not AFL, and it's a good reason why AFL is a better sport without that bollocks.

Umpiring department needs a rocket up the ass.

Back