Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 11 - Pies v Blues Sun May 29th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood to win this, the Blues nearly lost after a 40 point lead and could have easily lost if Sydney didn't s**t the bed in front of goal in the last quarter.

This Blues team is still fragile when teams get a run on against them.

As opposed to us getting a run on in other parts of the game?

Couldn't give a stuff if we have a 10 goal lead and only win by 3 goals, in every game

Collingwood to win this, the Blues nearly lost after a 40 point lead and could have easily lost if Sydney didn't s**t the bed in front of goal in the last quarter.

I'd say some of this may have been attributed to the 5 day turnaround.

Not the first time this season that's happened of course.

Does everyone forget that Collingwood lost to the Eagles? Your logic also makes no sense considering Sydney are a better side than them.

Also, we had a few posters ourselves...

Did you see the conditions last week in Perth?

The ground was basically a lake, that completely negated the Dockers' strengths (you could say they put the anchor in too soon, herrherr).
Still a great win, 6 goals

As for the game v the Eagles, we had 7 more scoring shots, and they fielded 10 premiership players, it was their last hurrah

Blues are in a sweet spot and should win easily but not because we lost to the Eagles two months ago

Still a great win, 6 goals

As for the game v the Eagles, we had 7 more scoring shots, and they fielded 10 premiership players, it was their last hurrah

Blues are in a sweet spot and should win easily but not because we lost to the Eagles two months ago
I think it'll be a few goals difference. Our midfield is humming along nicely but we need to defend a lot better if that is to happen.

I think it'll be a few goals difference. Our midfield is humming along nicely but we need to defend a lot better if that is to happen.
Our blokes might be a bit pooped after last Sun

I think you'll blow us away early, then we may or may not come back like Sydney did

First interesting Carl v Coll clash for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBF...
We're a young side still learning the ropes and how to stay in games for longer...
Collingwood have a much more experienced team, average games played and age wise...

We have some injuries to key tall players and have no tall depth to replace them...
Being such a young team, with a new coach and still learning the game plan, we're due to drop a few games along the way...

But this aint one of them baby...

Blues by 5+ goals...

Should be a cracking game. Think Blues are gettable. Seem to have no talls. Weitering down back, Charlie Curnow forward and De Koning ruck. Outside that, missing a lot of bigs.
But think their greater depth of quality hard big bodied mids gets them a narrow 2-3 goal win.

I remember my first rahoot. I walked around like a peacock for a week or two, what an arrogant shiite I must have been. I hope the same fate does not befall the Pies this week.

Actually never been so confident. Pies will win this by 50 plus points in a canter. The Blues struggle with mid size forwards like Billy who will slot home 6. When Intensity lifts the Blues go missing. Pies bring the pressure of last week and the Blues will fold. All pressure on the Blues with an extra two days rest, Pies coming back from Perth and the Blues being significant favourites. Pies nothing to lose. Sets up the ideal Pies backs to the wall win.
Remind yourself of the "nothing to lose" approach after you lose so to feel better about yourself.

Two impressive young teams, both playing to the best of their ability.

Collingwood because they never give in, and will be the underdog.

Cripps is amazing, similar to Kouta.

looking forward to a great game, with no injuries.

Could have easily lost? Was it when Sydney had shot to win the game after the siren?

Let's all be real about Carlton's being lucky:

Dogs were within 2 goals mid way through the 3RD quarter... they never got within 2 goals.
Hawks hit the lead EARLY in the last quatyer... yet Carlton ended up regaining control and winning
Port had 14 gametime minutes to make up 4 points... could not
Sydney scored 1 goal in the last quarter... after Carlton had a 5 day break coming back from interstate with players ill all week.

With all of those 4 games, the opposition had PLENTY of time to steamroll Carlton. Carlton did what they had to do each time.

Carlton have 2 distinct games plans. One (footdown) is on fire most cannot keep up with and the other (conservative) needs to develop. However when we need to, we will apply the necessary game to win.

This is why Melbourne as super impressive. They simply drive the game at their pace, apply the effort that they need to to win the game. It's a long season. Carlton no where near that, but that what they're trying to do.

Collingwood might be a high pressure side and tackle tackle tackle side... but they'll be up against a team who view their strength is the ability to withhold a tackle full of bulls who can also play the high pressure tackle tackle game.

Carlton now coming from a 9 day break with a bye next week, against Collingwood coming back from wet WA, Voss v McCrae. Yeah, we will bring our A game!

There will be a period of this game where Carlton will take the game away from Collingwood and the rest as always will be "if only" this and "lucky" that.

Carlton by 2 goals in a game that again we will be lucky to hold on.... so say the horde

Ow this is going to be a big one.
I know I said this already but wowee, this is gonna be a big one! Can’t wait to see a packed out MCG with the two traditional rivals going at it. For those that are questioning whether this rivalry is still a thing will see on Sunday.

Back