Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 11 - Suns v Hawks Sat May 28th 7:40pm EST (TIO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Suns by a lot

• Hawks by a lot

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

3B77EB5B-1B6D-4373-B820-65F8726BF8BD.png

12TH V 13TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 11
GOLD COAST SUNS V HAWTHORN
SATURDAY MAY 28TH 7:40PM EST (TIO STADIUM)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

SUNS

B: W.Powell, S.Collins, O.Markov
HB: B.Ellis, C.Ballard, C.Budarick
C: L.Weller, T.Miller, N.Anderson
HF: B.Ainsworth, L.Casboult, J.Jeffrey
F: D.Swallow, M.Chol, N.Holman
FOLL: J.Witts, M.Rowell, I.Rankine

I/C: A.Davies, C.Graham, M.Rosas, J.Sharp
EMG: C.Constable, S.Day, E.Hollands, J.Tsitas

IN: A.Davies, C.Graham, J.Sharp
OUT: B.Fiorini (omitted), R.Thompson, J.Farrar (both injured), S.Lemmens (HS Protocol)

HAWKS
B: J.Scrimshaw, B.Hardwick, J.Impey
HB: C.Jiath, J.Sicily, L.Bramble
C: D.Moore, J.Newcombe, D.Howe
HF: S.Butler, T.Mitchell, C.Nash
F: L.Breust, M.Lewis, C.Macdonald
FOLL: J.Koschitzke, W.Day, C.Wingard

I/C: S.Frost, L.Shiels, D.Grainger-Barras, H.Morrison
EMG: K.Hartigan, J.Callow, J.Morris, F.Maginness

IN: J.Scrimshaw, C.Macdonald
OUT: M.Lynch, J.O’Meara (both injured), K.Hartigan (sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:
James Worpel gets a reprieve this week......as first ruck.

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
AFL Member so all clubs I guess.
The Hot and Cold Hawthorn gets a big win against a premiership contender....

Will lose this one by 8 goals... Chol to kick 5 Casboult 3

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I like our chances in this one. Jeffrey and Rosas Jr will play in front of a home crowd for the first time in Darwin and I'm certain they'll both be determined to put on a show, especially considering it's the second half of indigenous round. I'm also expecting a few of our mids to get things going in this game after a reasonably quiet game last week. Casboult and Chol will want to have a greater influence in this game too. We're playing for our season in some ways and I'm sure the boys know how important it is for us to get the four points here.

Suns by 14 points.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That doesnt include the ones which miss completely. It also doesnt tell you how many of the 20 were from within 20m where everyone should get 90% or more.
Like other forwards, I guess. I am pretty sure Casboult improved his kicking in the last 3-4 years compared to rest of his career.

Do you have any detailed stats for Casboult this season? As far as I remember, watching all Suns games, he missed completely just once? From within 20m 5-6 goals?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Like other forwards, I guess. I am pretty sure Casboult improved his kicking in the last 3-4 years compared to rest of his career.

Do you have any detailed stats for Casboult this season? As far as I remember, watching all Suns games, he missed completely just once? From within 20m 5-6 goals?

I dont have the stats, no. Im just pointing out the limitations of just saying "he's got 20.14".

You also need to look at the number of times the ball is kicked to him. If he gets 60% of the Inside 50 focus then that would explain GCS's position on the ladder. If its only 20% then kicking 20 goals is a very good effort.

Context is everything.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I dont have the stats, no. Im just pointing out the limitations of just saying "he's got 20.14".

You also need to look at the number of times the ball is kicked to him. If he gets 60% of the Inside 50 focus then that would explain GCS's position on the ladder. If its only 20% then kicking 20 goals is a very good effort.

Context is everything.
Yes, context is important. I would be interested to see some stats.

By watching all Suns games, I have not doubt, Casboult improved his kicking.

Let's see how he goes on Sat. It should be interesting game in humid, slippery conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kings Ransom

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Context is everything.
You were the one who originally said he would kick 3.8 which is clearly inaccurate based on this years play.

I'm just going to point out the limitation in your point identifying the goals he kicks as the primary / only outcome of Levi getting targeted inside 50.

Bringing the ball to ground has 'created' goals for other forwards regularly - and really is his primary job in the team. In previous years we have been outmarked by defenders almost at will. That doesn't happen often now. I think the capacity of the forward line to negate Sicilly's intercept marking will go a long way to determining the winner.

The fact that Levi has been a reliable source of goals has exceeded expectations.

The first goal of the year was definitely a free kick against - but you get the point.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
O'Meara out injured for the Hawks. Feels like a fairly significant blow to their midfield, particularly given they are already missing a genuine ruckman.

I'm feeling more confident about our mids winning the battle in the middle of the ground now.

Hippster

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Need to win this one to keep any chance of a sneaky run for 7th or 8th going. Like our chances.

Back