Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 13 - Bombers v Blues Fri June 10th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

DF2E882B-C948-4574-96D4-E952E4F0AE40.png
16TH V 7TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
ESSENDON V CARLTON
FRIDAY JUNE 10TH 7:50PM EST (MCG)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

BOMBERS

B: J.Ridley, Z.Reid, J.Laverde
HB: M.Redman, J.Kelly, N.Hind
C: D.Heppell, Z.Merrett, J.Caldwell
HF: D.Shiel, M.Guelfi, S.Durham
F: P.Wright, J.Stringer, H.Jones
FOLL: A.Phillips, D.Parish, N.Martin

I/C: A.McGrath, A.Perkins, B.Hobbs, S.Draper
EMG: A.Waterman, T.Cutler, J.Stewart, T.Wanganeen

IN: M.Redman, M.Guelfi, J.Stringer
OUT: A.Waterman, T.Wanganeen (both omitted), D.Smith (injured), B.Ham (sub)

BLUES
B: L.Plowman, Le.Young, J.Boyd
HB: N.Newman, A.Saad, S.Docherty
C: S.Walsh, P.Cripps, L.O’Brien
HF: J.Martin, H.McKay, M.Owies
F: Z.Fisher, C.Curnow, C.Durdin
FOLL: T.De Koning, A.Cerra, G.Hewett

I/C: J.Newnes, J.Silvagni, M.Kennedy, C.Marchbank
EMG: J.Motlop, W.Setterfield, B.Kemp, M.Cottrell

IN: J.Boyd, J.Martin, H.McKay, M.Kennedy, C.Marchbank
OUT: L.Stocker, M.Cottrell, J.Motlop, P.Dow (all omitted), J.Weitering (injured), J.Carroll (sub)
:carlton: Vale John Lloyd

Carlton players will wear black armbands for tonight’s match to honour the passing of past-player John Lloyd. Lloyd played 29 senior games for Carlton as a half-back under Ron Barassi, and his three sons followed in his footsteps, all perusing successful football careers on and off-field. The Carlton Football Club extend their sincere condolences to the Lloyd family, including John’s children Brad, Matthew, Simon and Kylie, and wife Bev.

:essendon: 150th Year Anniversary Match

Pre-match Spectacular

A once-in-a-generation pre-game celebration will take place on the MCG ahead of our blockbuster game against the old rival Carlton. Every Essendon fan will want to be in their seats by 7:15pm to immerse themselves in a stellar showcase of our 150 years of history. Narrated by Senator Briggs, the pre-game will re-create some of the most iconic moments of the Essendon Football Club with key figures throughout our history celebrated on the hallowed turf.

Coin Toss

Essendon’s oldest living premiership player Hugh Mitchell will toss the coin before the bounce. Even the coin will be special, with the coin used for the Bombers’ first ever game at Marvel Stadium (then Colonial Stadium) in 2001 to come out from the archives for this truly unique occasion.

150th Guernsey

Thanks to Under Armour, the Bombers will take to the field in a specially designed 150-year anniversary guernsey, adorned with the name of every VFL/AFL player to have donned the sash since 1872 and sporting the historic thin red sash synonymous with the 'Same Olds' of the early 20th century.

Black Arm Bands

Essendon players will wear a black armband for their game against the Blues to recognise the passing of Mario Biasin and Merna Slattery. Both have made significant contributions to the Essendon Football Club with Biasin being a lifelong Bombers supporter and generous contributor. Slattery was one of Essendon’s longest-serving members and was inducted as a Life Member in 1999.

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

ROUND 12 BYES: ADELAIDE * GOLD COAST * BULLDOGS * GEELONG * SYDNEY * EAGLES

Last edited by a moderator:
Bombers were alright overall against the Power before the bye. If they can get Stringer and Snelling back, that gives them some much needed variety up forward. Reckon this will be close one.

The last Blues Bombers game I watched was about as unwatchable as the Saints North Good Friday match. Hope this one is a bit better, even though Bombers are bottom 4.

We've done well to cover our injuries for the first half of the year, but Weitering going down might be a bridge too far, or a straw on a camel's back or something.
The addition of Durdin will hopefully ease some of that pain. I'm expecting him to play this week, as we really only have Kemp or an underdone Marchbank as options. It's a game that I think we SHOULD win, regardless of our injuries, but it's a game I'm not confident of winning, if that makes sense.
If we were a full side, I'd expect 30-60 points. As it stands, I'm hoping for any win, even if it's only a goal.

Lol @ Blues fans here talking themselves down - Bombers are plain trash ATM, not playing for the jumper or each other, & now we've got a board member dredging up past scandals to either divert attention from the trashyness or as some misguided attempt to galvanise a disallusioned fan base.

As I just said to a Bloos mate - Settle, you have nothing to worry about.

Lol @ Blues fans here talking themselves down - Bombers are plain trash ATM, not playing for the jumper or each other, & now we've got a board member dredging up past scandals to either divert attention from the trashyness or as some misguided attempt to galvanise a disallusioned fan base.

As I just said to a Bloos mate - Settle, you have nothing to worry about.
150th anniversary for the Bombers with plenty of great moments and Sheedy brings up that rubbish, not bright and not needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will get pumped by 50-60, absolutely pathetic team, Glad I’m giving it a miss.
Fans in the outer will probably show more fight than the plonkers on the field

Massive relief being able to bring McKay and Marchbank back in at this stage. Was looking very thin for talls this time last week and our structure has been up the creek since Harry went down and was worsened against the Pies when Weitering went down.

We can now go into this game with hopefully something resembling our structure from the first 8 games. 2 x tall defenders, although very inexperienced and never played a game together (Marchy/Young).
2 x tall forwards, returning to the combo that kicked 45 goals in 8 games.
TDK/JSOS ruck combo, which is a little unconventional but was working pretty well...
...which now allows Cripps to get back to focusing on extracting the ball and racking up Brownlow and coach's votes.

Still always a concern when playing any of the traditional rivals, no matter how good/bad any of us are, but feeling a little more comfortable with those inclusions.

Massive relief being able to bring McKay and Marchbank back in at this stage. Was looking very thin for talls this time last week and our structure has been up the creek since Harry went down and was worsened against the Pies when Weitering went down.

We can now go into this game with hopefully something resembling our structure from the first 8 games. 2 x tall defenders, although very inexperienced and never played a game together (Marchy/Young).
2 x tall forwards, returning to the combo that kicked 45 goals in 8 games.
TDK/JSOS ruck combo, which is a little unconventional but was working pretty well...
...which now allows Cripps to get back to focusing on extracting the ball and racking up Brownlow and coach's votes.

Still always a concern when playing any of the traditional rivals, no matter how good/bad any of us are, but feeling a little more comfortable with those inclusions.

Our ruck stocks are the same since Pitto has gone down, so I suspect Cripps will, unfortunately, take some ruck contests again

Back