Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 14 - Tigers v Blues Thurs June 16th 7:20pm (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
980B047B-1686-487E-BA63-B1320769F057.png

9TH V 4TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 14
RICHMOND V CARLTON
THURSDAY JUNE 16TH 7:20PM EST (MCG)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

TIGERS

B: N.Broad, D.Grimes, R.Tarrant
HB: L.Baker, N.Vlastuin, J.Gibcus
C: M.Pickett, J.Short, K.McIntosh
HF: J.Clarke, K.Lambert, H.Ralphsmith
F: J.Riewoldt, S.Bolton, T.Lynch
FOLL: T.Nankervis, D.Prestia, T.Cotchin

I/C: D.Rioli, S.Edwards, J.Graham, N.Balta

IN: T.Lynch
OUT: D.Martin (illness), I.Soldo (omitted)

BLUES
B: A.Saad, Le.Young, L.Plowman
HB: N.Newman, S.Durdin, S.Docherty
C: M.Cottrell, P.Cripps, L.O’Brien
HF: J.Martin, C.Curnow, M.Owies
F: Z.Fisher, H.McKay, J.Silvagni
FOLL: T.DeKoning, S.Walsh, M.Kennedy

I/C: J.Boyd, G.Hewett, J.Newnes, C.Durdin

IN: S.Durdin
OUT: C.Marchbank (injury), A. Cerra (injury)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

ROUND 14 BYES: BRISBANE * COLLINGWOOD * NORTH MELBOURNE * HAWTHORN * FREMANTLE * MELBOURNE

150 games for the skipper

Carlton captain Patrick Cripps will play his 150th AFL game tonight against Richmond. Cripps was selected by the Club with its first-round selection in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft (Pick 13) and debuted in Round 4, 2014 against Melbourne. He was named as co-vice captain ahead of the 2018 season, elevated to co-captain after the 2018 season, and named sole captain on the eve of the current season. Cripps is the youngest three-time John Nicholls Medal winner in Carlton’s history and is having a career-best season in 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
You'd have to think Richmond will have learnt from the R1 boilover and will come prepared this time. Blues look electric at times, and then blackout for long periods like its the 12th shot and the bill is due. Do I sense a bit of cockiness down at Princess Park? A bit of ego? A bit of, you know, smug?

Tiges by plenty. I think they've been watching.

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
You'd have to think Richmond will have learnt from the R1 boilover and will come prepared this time. Blues look electric at times, and then blackout for long periods like its the 12th shot and the bill is due. Do I sense a bit of cockiness down at Princess Park? A bit of ego? A bit of, you know, smug?

Tiges by plenty. I think they've been watching.
Not sure whether it’s cockiness. Carlton players are the last in the league who should be cocky after an abysmal 20+ years. Vossy has given them a blast in the last two games for not being mentally strong enough to ‘maintain the rage’ so he’s obviously seen something he doesn’t like.
Real issues are that we are missing key players in Weiters, Pittonet, Cerra, Williams, McGovern, plus other peripheral top 22 players injured (Ed Curnow, Cuningham). & backups injured ( Honey, McDonald, Parks, Williamson) whereas Richmond are almost at full strength.
Not making excuses, just makes it so much harder against a very good team in good form.
If our midfield can get back to early season form and get the ball in quickly to Charlie and Harry we will be hard to stop.
Vice versa re Richmond onballers and Lynch and Riewoldt.

This is a bit of a test for Thursday night footy in Melbourne as well as for both teams.

Warmed by hubris, Carlton fans will have the majority in a 50k+ crowd but will be disappointed by the result.

Tigers are fired up and should win this.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Dusty is crook, but Lynch returns. This is the biggest Test Thursday night football will ever get attendance-wise, the AFL must be hoping for 70,000 plus on a cold wintery Thursday night? Meanwhile, Essendon plays on a Friday? If they attract anything under 60,000 the AFL must put their thinking cap on regarding Thursday nights in June/July?

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
got no idea tbh. richmond have looked flaky but getting it done and as Osho said carlton play in patches.

might be an old fashioned shoot out with our (KPP) defence very patched up and both teams having high quality tall forwards.
Me either. We need a win more than you guys. Should be a cracker.

kreuze_missile

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 9, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Obviously Weitering a huge loss, but Williams was locking down opposition small forwards well before his injury. Was having an underrated year.

Right now our backline doesn't inspire much confidence. We've got no answer for Bolton or Lynch.

G String

All Australian
Jan 3, 2008
Brighton
AFL Club
Richmond
Real issues are that we are missing key players in Weiters, Pittonet, Cerra, Williams, McGovern
I think you need to stop seeing Williams and McGovern as key players - if Carlton are to become a good side these 2 should be phased out. I'm only not including Pittonet in that group as he provides a chop-out to De Koning - but he'd certainly need to be upgraded.

The lack of Weitering though could prove the difference especially if Lynch comes back in the same form as he was before his hammy

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I think Carlton might get us, but it's a tricky game to tip.
They're a much better side than I thought they would be coming into 2022, and I still can't read us.

The key for us will be if we do get a lead, to bloody hold onto it. Don't think I can handle another game where we are in control by 4-5 goals only to get run over in the last.

The weather being windy and wet will play right into Carlton's hands with their bigger bodied contested mids, especially with Dusty either not playing or not 100%. I was hoping for a dry night and maybe, Lynch and Riewoldt could have stretched their undermanned defence, don't think that will really be the case if it's a wet game.

We really need this though, so hopefully we give it everything, play it like it's a final.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Carlton might get us, but it's a tricky game to tip.
They're a much better side than I thought they would be coming into 2022, and I still can't read us.

The key for us will be if we do get a lead, to bloody hold onto it. Don't think I can handle another game where we are in control by 4-5 goals only to get run over in the last.

The weather being windy and wet will play right into Carlton's hands with their bigger bodied contested mids, especially with Dusty either not playing or not 100%. I was hoping for a dry night and maybe, Lynch and Riewoldt could have stretched their undermanned defence, don't think that will really be the case if it's a wet game.

We really need this though, so hopefully we give it everything, play it like it's a final.

I think it will be a close game, whether it is wet (likely) or not

G String

All Australian
Jan 3, 2008
Brighton
AFL Club
Richmond
Me either. We need a win more than you guys. Should be a cracker.
I think Carlton need this win more than us - they've got a tough run home and they need to win these 50/50 games - they're still not guaranteed top 8 - in fact I've got them finishing 9th on 13 wins if they lose this week. Whereas Tiges have quite a few bankable wins in the run home.

BlueDay

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I think you need to stop seeing Williams and McGovern as key players - if Carlton are to become a good side these 2 should be phased out. I'm only not including Pittonet in that group as he provides a chop-out to De Koning - but he'd certainly need to be upgraded.

The lack of Weitering though could prove the difference especially if Lynch comes back in the same form as he was before his hammy

Lol, what about these two needs to be phased out? Weitering, Marchbank, McDonald, McGovern, Williams all missing from the backline, surely Richmond wins now. Imagine the reverse, at least four of your best back six out.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton

huh, why cant pittonet be our nankervis? both dont set the world on fire but do a bloody good job with no fuss, pittonet will be a mainstay for a very long time.

Hippster

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This will be interesting. Blues will be praying for rain. Young to take Lynch. That’s a simple one. Dont need a tall for Jack anymore. An athletic medium like Kemp or Plowman will be fine. Jack no longer jumps and is slow.
But Tigers after covering McKay and Curnow with say Tarrant and Grimes have lots of talls they can throw down forward. Put the resting ruck in the pocket. Nank or Solvo. Who takes one of them deep? Balta, Gibsuc.
But if it’s wet, I like Blues mids better. Particularly if Dusty misses.
As I said..Blues would like a wet night.

Back