Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 14 - Tigers v Blues Thurs June 16th 7:20pm (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Total free kicks for Round 1 and last night:-

Carlton 45
Richmond 40.

Total 50m penalties awarded over both games:-

Carlton 7
Richmond 1.

Percentage of umpiring decisions awarded to each team:-

Carlton 57%
Richmon 43%

Richmond fans:- "Ok, maybe we need to focus on playing better as we can't control the umpires"
Carlton fans:- "It's not fair! We need more free kicks!!!"

Last edited:

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Total free kicks for Round 1 and last night:-

Carlton 45
Richmond 40.

Total 50m penalties awarded over both games:-

Carlton 7
Richmond 0.

Percentage of umpiring decisions awarded to each team:-

Carlton 58%
Richmon 42%

Richmond fans:- "Ok, maybe we need to focus on playing better as we can't control the umpires"
Carlton fans:- "It's not fair! We need more free kicks!!!"

probably the worst 50m penalty i've ever seen

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I thought the umpiring was ok last night.

Harry played a great game without getting his regulation two frees from flopping.

Richmond’s discipline with the stand and dissent rule was much better than round one where we gave up 8 goals to these silly free kicks.

Cripps got away with a couple of quick throws in the contest but I’m sure it evened out elsewhere.

Teams were made to earn their goals on the main which was great.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought the umpiring was ok last night.

Harry played a great game without getting his regulation two frees from flopping.

Richmond’s discipline with the stand and dissent rule was much better than round one where we gave up 8 goals to these silly free kicks.

Cripps got away with a couple of quick throws in the contest but I’m sure it evened out elsewhere.

Teams were made to earn their goals on the main which was great.

Yup overall we accept that umpiring decisions & interpretations vary and fluctuate, its the nature of the game.Overall last night was an acceptable standard.
A tough, relentless game by two teams at different stages of progress at this time.
if the Baggers get a sniff come September , Weitering & Pitto return firing it will be very interesting indeed.
Give Harry & Charlie a reasonable ball supply and they’ll decimate any opposition.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Both average teams in all honesty but atleast Carlton have an excuse with their injury list.
Richmond had the rub 2 weeks in a row against average teams and still only won both games by 15pts.
Destined to be the next Geelong, making up the numbers in the 8 due to 'factors' and bundled out come finals.

Dinith

Debutant
Feb 8, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Both average teams in all honesty but atleast Carlton have an excuse with their injury list.
Richmond had the rub 2 weeks in a row against average teams and still only won both games by 15pts.
Destined to be the next Geelong, making up the numbers in the 8 due to 'factors' and bundled out come finals.

Attachments

• 2teams1cup.gif
    2teams1cup.gif
    5 MB · Views: 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone complaining about the free kicks costing Carlton the match are delusional. We were outplayed considerably and honestly the score board flattered us. Apart from a hot 5 minutes in the final term Richmond were comfortably better for most of the game. Injuries happen, we’ve had terrible luck, but our defense was not the issue. We were beaten around the ball in a wet game and I don’t know if Richmond train for it but they soccered the ball of the ground to a mark like 10 times. Was insane how good they played the conditions. We’ve seen our best is up there with the best in the league, but we can’t keep it up consistently and against a well drilled side like Richmond they showed us up.

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
Doubt that very much. Not curnows fault if grimes isn't watching.

Curnow had one intention and that was to delay giving the ball back as long as possible. It was dumb footy.
i guarentee you if curnow throws the ball hits grimes in the back, ball drops onto the ground umpire pays a 50 meter penalty, smart from grimes ill give you that as he definitely knew what he was doing but the umpire should've recognised that.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
weitering - best defender and our vice captain
pittonet - only true ruck option
marchbank - looked 1000x better with him playing last week
cerra - starting 22 midfielder
williams - starting 22 defender
mcgovern - looked 2000x better when he played earlier in year and was close to BOG rd 1 vs. tiges

cunningham - was best 22 last year and would be this year, but hasn't played all year so can't count him
o mcdonald - best 22 at start of year but only played 1 game, so can't count him
ed curnow - likely finished but decent depth if required
williamson - showed promise early and played plenty of seniors, but handy depth but off for mental health reasons
parks - played seniors last year, fringe this year.

so 6 bona-fide best 22 and mostly key players, followed by 5 depth/fringe players.

in case anyone wanted a true understanding of the injury list.

Would love to know who players like
McDonald
Ed Curnow
Williamson
Parks
Machbank
McGovern

Woudl replace if there was no injuries at all , I doubt 5 out of 6 would even be selected in the best side

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would love to know who players like
McDonald
Ed Curnow
Williamson
Parks
Machbank
McGovern

Woudl replace if there was no injuries at all , I doubt 5 out of 6 would even be selected in the best side
It's not even worth discussing, they're still a bottom 6 side, nothing has changed

They'll beat the Eagles in round 17 but lose every other game and finish 13th-14th

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We were beaten around the ball in a wet game and I don’t know if Richmond train for it but they soccered the ball of the ground to a mark like 10 times.
Ha yep, meant to mention this - how many times did they hack a kick forward off the ground or even out of mid-air and flush it to a teammate on the tit! Incredible :drunk:

Back