Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Blues v Freo Sat June 25th 1:45pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Eventually people will see as legit. I admit certain clubs do get a reputation for losing and it takes longer to see them as serious contenders. I was late on Richmond and Melbourne for this reason. So I can understand why some see us that way but we are the next real deal
Ultimately, the AFL is a league with a draft that means things should be cyclical. Even teams with terrible management will eventually get there with enough high picks etc

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Seems clear to me that Fyfe gets a shove from behind and instinctively puts his hand up more as a protective action to avoid a bigger collision with the ump.

No case to answer IMO.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems to clear to me that Fyfe gets a shove from behind and instinctively puts his hand up more as a protective action to avoid a bigger collision with the ump.

No case to answer IMO.
Top 2 player of the past decade (imo best player) who's finally injury free and people want to see him miss weeks for something so innocuous.

Footy supporters can be a miserable bunch.

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Perception is a funny thing. In the first term I felt it was the other way round.
Yeah maybe that's it, certainly wouldn't put it past me to let my souring mood affect my viewpoint .

I just tend to notice it a lot when watching Vic sides (not necessarilyvs Freo), particularly the heritage teams (Carlton/Essendon/Collingwood) that the commentary can sometimes descend to outright barracking. Following Freo I'd often be glad they got the player's name right, or even just used the name of a player that was at the club. This has improved as we have to be fair. I'll need to watch a North game to calibrate I think.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looked like he half thought it was a player for a second. And sorta just touched them. We don't really want superstars suspended for nothing, do we?

If so, we would've been robbed of a second Judd Brownlow
Again, you don't make deliberate contact with an umpire. You are taught that from a young age as a footballer. It's clear cut. I'm not sure how you don't get that.

According to the 2022 guidelines (section 3.2), he should be straight to the Tribunal. He can argue his case there.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Again, you don't make deliberate contact with an umpire. You are taught that from a young age as a footballer. It's clear cut. I'm not sure how you don't get that.

According to the 2022 guidelines (section 3.2), he should be straight to the Tribunal. He can argue his case there.
I need to see it again but Hollow Knight sounds right. He got forced into it after being shoved.

DamoESP

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Stars
Silvagni surely has to stay. He'll obviously never be a superstar but a player who can sorta play anywhere is invaluable.
One of our first picked for mine. One of the hardest working players that we have on the list. Always gives 100% out there, and you don’t win flags without those effort players.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
One of our first picked for mine. One of the hardest working players that we have on the list. Always gives 100% out there, and you don’t win flags without those effort players.
Yep. Sorta like Jamie Cripps for us. Acts a barometer when he's got his game going and making an impact despite being a far weaker player.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Certainly possible. He might be lucky.

That's a far better argument on your behalf than him escaping sanction because of his standing as a player.

I think you know by now that I'm self righteous enough that I don't need a convincing argument to believe I'm right

Love throwing the line out, Carlton are a good side for it, their supporters take the hook a large majority of the time 🤣
In other words I am nothing more than a trolling idiot looking for bites on a board that is designed for more mature discussion.

You should be limited to Bay 13.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Certainly possible. He might be lucky.

That's a far better argument on your behalf than him escaping sanction because of his standing as a player.

I hadn't seen the replay until that, thanks for posting it.

Cottrell's hand clearly shoves Fyfe in the direction of the ump.

My guess it this won't even get to Monday.

Don't you think it's a bit loser-ish to spend your free time on an internet forum trying to stir people up? Genuine question.
Makes him feel happy I suppose and you can only guess as to what his real life is like.

Hacking Work From Home GIF

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Makes him feel happy I suppose and you can only guess as to what his real life is like.

Hacking Work From Home GIF

Was thinking more like this.

man keyboard GIF by South Park

Genuinely interested in the mindset of these people. Do their friends/family know that this is their hobby? Partners? If they have one. Do they see it as a flaw and seek out therapy, or other methods to understand why they enjoy stirring up s**t on an anonymous forum? Or are they proud of it?

I think I saw bits of a doco about the illness of trolling and the psychology behind it. Might dig it up.

Seems clear to me that Fyfe gets a shove from behind and instinctively puts his hand up more as a protective action to avoid a bigger collision with the ump.

No case to answer IMO.
I didn't see that. If so, play on.

Was thinking more like this.

man keyboard GIF by South Park

Genuinely interested in the mindset of these people. Do their friends/family know that this is their hobby? Partners? If they have one. Do they see it as a flaw and seek out therapy, or other methods to understand why they enjoy stirring up s**t on an anonymous forum? Or are they proud of it?

I think I saw bits of a doco about the illness of trolling and the psychology behind it. Might dig it up.
More so they are losers in real life IMO and the Internet gives them the bravado they can never have in real life and the sense of being somewhat important.

Internet is full of these types that are keyboard William Wallaces! In real life they are puney looking cowards who would not say boo to anyone! Internet gives them an outlet to be self proclaimed outlaws.

Back