Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Cats v Tigers Sat June 25th 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the Geelong forwards vs Richmond defenders battle being key here.

Richmond easily win the midfield battle on paper. Geelong backline (I think) slightly edges out the Tigers forwardline.

Grimes to cover Jez inside 50 - did a phenomenal job on Curnow last weekend - and Broad to follow him around the ground would be the matchup as I see it. Makes the inclusion of Gary Rohan critical to matchups, as it could force Broad to lock down on him instead.

This game is as juicy as they come. Both sides close to full strength (Geelong missing Henry and Parfitt, Tigers missing Balta and Cotchin). Recent history suggests Geelong win this one and then lose the upcoming finals matchup between the two.

Parfitt, Dangerfield, Henry, Holmes, Rohan. I think Danger may be back though. Cats were paying $2.10 vs Richmond's $1.77 when I checked yesterday.

Cats home turf is Kardinia Park - this game is at the MCG (lol check the fixture silly). Anyway, I forsee a loss for us in this game due to the aforementioned issues Geelong is facing. Richmond has been on fire lately.
LOl Rohan
Really ??

Holmes is a kid and hardly best 22

Unfortunately the tigers have rediscovered their mojo! If they play like last week with 76 inside 50’s then they’ll win. Chaos vs control again! Chaos gets it done when it matters; seems cats haven’t learned. Tinkered with the idea of a new game plan for 5-6 weeks then when back to the style that doesn’t get it done in September!
We are still erratic and have major lapses in games
good teams capitalize and make us pay and have lost many games this year when infront after half time by 25+ points

Richmond are no way in form and are just getting over the line against teams with flaws

Agree with the Geelong forwards vs Richmond defenders battle being key here.

Richmond easily win the midfield battle on paper. Geelong backline (I think) slightly edges out the Tigers forwardline.

Grimes to cover Jez inside 50 - did a phenomenal job on Curnow last weekend - and Broad to follow him around the ground would be the matchup as I see it. Makes the inclusion of Gary Rohan critical to matchups, as it could force Broad to lock down on him instead.

This game is as juicy as they come. Both sides close to full strength (Geelong missing Henry and Parfitt, Tigers missing Balta and Cotchin). Recent history suggests Geelong win this one and then lose the upcoming finals matchup between the two.
I reckon Broad might just go with Cameron everywhere with Grimes as backup if Jezza gets on top. Tarrant on Hawkins and then one of Grimes or Vlastuin on Rohan with the other intercepting. Rioli V Stengle will be entertaining.

SDK V Lynch and Tarrant V Hawkins are the two crucial match ups I reckon.

Is Henry expected to miss? I thought he was coming back. should be a great game.

I reckon Broad might just go with Cameron everywhere with Grimes as backup if Jezza gets on top. Tarrant on Hawkins and then one of Grimes or Vlastuin on Rohan with the other intercepting. Rioli V Stengle will be entertaining.

SDK V Lynch and Tarrant V Hawkins are the two crucial match ups I reckon.

Is Henry expected to miss? I thought he was coming back. should be a great game.

I guess we’ll know later tonight but Henry 50/50 I reckon. His kicking in the VFL very much looked like he needed a jab in that foot to play.

Never confident against the tigers. Most likely will be dominated in the middle which could lose us the game.

genuine 50/50 game. The thing with tigers/cats games is we are competitive when we're near our best, but get flogged if we're off the pace - cats have stomped us by 10 goals plus over recent seasons. Cats always seem to be playing at a very high level - incredible footy club

Surprising how many cats fans are worried about getting dominated in the midfield. I think we've only smashed one team in the middle and that was last week in the wet.
Parfitt has been a beast in the inside game for us this season, and replacing him with a potentially underdone Dangerfield isn't ideal.

I love Guthrie, but an underdone Danger, an ageing Selwood alongside Atkins and Stephens doesn't scream star midfield.
Especially not up against Prestia, Bolton, Short and Martin.

Surprising how many cats fans are worried about getting dominated in the midfield. I think we've only smashed one team in the middle and that was last week in the wet.
Specially after being told how good a midfield they have wit Dangerfield,Selwood,menegola,duncan,Guthrie and the New bigger Dusty

Yes he has been totally dominating all 19 games he has played
but he is better that Rohan and Dollhouse ill give you that
He doesn’t have to have been ‘dominating’ in his games so far- he’s showing enough. Will be a long time, very good player for us. Happy to have him learn his craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure he could be a good player in time but hardly automatic best 22 right now
are you really gonna die on this hill? Just admit you were wrong, apologise and move on with your life.

Jesus

I agree.
Richmond's midfield is mediocre these days. If Lynch was out for the year, you'd be in no man's land.
I expect him to kick a bag on Saturday evening.

Tough game to pick. Might come down to the small forwards and their output.

are you really gonna die on this hill? Just admit you were wrong, apologise and move on with your life.

Jesus
What hill ?

Lol your the person claiming a 19 game player is best 22 averaging 14 touches a game this year and 11 poss career
he must be a small fwd with these stats

FMD 3 touches a quarter and is best 22
Hes a kid thats fringe player

What hill ?

Lol your the person claiming a 19 game player is best 22 averaging 14 touches a game this year and 11 poss career
he must be a small fwd with these stats

FMD 3 touches a quarter and is best 22
Hes a kid thats fringe player
I just love that you didn't even know who he was a few posts ago and now you know his exact place within the football club. Classic bigfooty

I agree.
Richmond's midfield is mediocre these days. If Lynch was out for the year, you'd be in no man's land.
I expect him to kick a bag on Saturday evening.

Tough game to pick. Might come down to the small forwards and their output.
Really? That's an interesting thought. I think this game is a captain obvious call, but it comes down to the big men. If Richmond can't stop Cameron and Hawkins and they kick 7+ between them, we will lose. They are the dominant KPF duo of 2022 and if they kick bags we just won't contain Geelong to a low enough score to beat.

Really? That's an interesting thought. I think this game is a captain obvious call, but it comes down to the big men. If Richmond can't stop Cameron and Hawkins and they kick 7+ between them, we will lose. They are the dominant KPF duo of 2022 and if they kick bags we just won't contain Geelong to a low enough score to beat.

It's seems obvious doesn't it. If the big men catch fire that is the game but I do think the small forwards are going to be critical. Close, Miers and Stengle must play well for us to win. Can't afford to have two of them play average games. Likewise for Richmond, if they don't get much from Rioli or Clarke, pressure mounts on Martin, Bolton to go above and beyond. Those small forwards are lively throughout, the whole forward line feeds off it.

It's seems obvious doesn't it. If the big men catch fire that is the game but I do think the small forwards are going to be critical. Close, Miers and Stengle must play well for us to win. Can't afford to have two of them play average games. Likewise for Richmond, if they don't get much from Rioli or Clarke, pressure mounts on Martin, Bolton to go above and beyond. Those small forwards are lively throughout, the whole forward line feeds off it.

You’ll know who is going to win in the first 10 mins by how many marks Geelong takes. If they are killing us we are done, dry weather doesn’t help.

Back