Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Cats v Tigers Sat June 25th 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

4B86EF4F-442E-4220-8304-5F140A0452EE.png
4TH V 6TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 15
GEELONG V RICHMOND
SATURDAY JUNE 25TH 4:35PM EST (MCG)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

CATS

B: T.Stewart, S.De Koning, T.Atkins
HB: J.Bews, M.Blicavs, J.Kolodjashnij
C: M.Duncan, C.Guthrie, I.Smith
HF: Z.Tuohy, J.Cameron, G.Miers
F: B.Close, T.Hawkins, T.Stengle
FOLL: R.Stanley, J.Selwood, M.Holmes

I/C: J.Henry, M.O’Connor, S.Menegola, G.Rohan
EMG: C.Stephens, Z.Guthrie, L.Dahlhaus, S.Neale

IN: M.Holmes, J.Henry, G.Rohan
OUT: C.Stephens, L.Dahlhaus (both omitted), Z.Guthrie (managed), F.Evans (sub)

TIGERS
B: D.Grimes, R.Tarrant, N.Broad
HB: L.Baker, N.Vlastuin, D.Rioli
C: M.Pickett, J.Short, K.McIntosh
HF: M.Rioli, J.Clarke, S.Bolton
F: J.Riewoldt, D.Martin, T.Lynch
FOLL: T.Nankervis, D.Prestia, J.Ross

I/C: J.Gibcus, S.Edwards, J.Graham, I.Soldo
EMG: B.Miller, H.Ralphsmith, T.Dow, J.Aarts

IN: D.Martin, J.Ross, I.Soldo
OUT: H.Ralphsmith (omitted), K.Lambert, T.Cotchin, N.Balta (all injured)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:

I reckon cats win by a couple goals.

Balta out is a loss, he's a good match up for Cameron. Tarrant has a broken hand but more likely to play apparently, he's a good match up for Hawkins so hopefully he's right to go. No Cotchin is a shame because we really need to at least break even in the midfield to limit the clean entry to Cameron and Hawkins. Hopefully Dusty can have a blinder. Should be a really good game.

Hawkins and Cameron are a chance to destroy our backline regardless of whether we have a full-strength backline or not. That’s why I don’t think Balta and possibly Tarrant going out will have as much of an impact on the results.

The issue is with forwards like Rohan and goal-kicking mids like Dangerfield. It will be an issue if both key forwards kick 4+ goals AND a few other midfielders/forwards kick multiple goals as well. To minimise this becoming an issue, our midfield and other defenders need to hold their own.

We’ve pretty much gone back to our strengths in pressure and winning the territory battle over the last few weeks so I think we can win this if we do the same thing again this week.

Hawkins and Cameron are a chance to destroy our backline regardless of whether we have a full-strength backline or not. That’s why I don’t think Balta and possibly Tarrant going out will have as much of an impact on the results.

The issue is with forwards like Rohan and goal-kicking mids like Dangerfield. It will be an issue if both key forwards kick 4+ goals AND a few other midfielders/forwards kick multiple goals as well. To minimise this becoming an issue, our midfield and other defenders need to hold their own.

We’ve pretty much gone back to our strengths in pressure and winning the territory battle over the last few weeks so I think we can win this if we do the same thing again this week.
They're the best KPF duo in the league right now. I think we have to basically accept they will take marks and kick goals between them regardless, probably 5 between them at a minimum.

We need to try and win the midfield battle to stop that 5 becoming 10 and a handful of others scoring goals too. It'll be a tough ask for sure.

They're the best KPF duo in the league right now. I think we have to basically accept they will take marks and kick goals between them regardless, probably 5 between them at a minimum.

We need to try and win the midfield battle to stop that 5 becoming 10 and a handful of others scoring goals too. It'll be a tough ask for sure.
Yes I agree that it’s a tough task, which is why they rarely get smashed at this time of the year. Hopefully we can get it done with our current form

Hopefully a great game.

Tigers form is good.

But the Cats are so incredibly solid.

If the injuries to KPDs come into play then the Cats win. i.e. cats at least break even in the midfield and can get some clean ball going forward.

If the Tigers can win the midfield battle they win.

Cats will get us I think. the TIGERS are not ON yet, regardless of the HYPE we are at 80%.
Too many players below their best and yes, we are good enough to trouble mid tier teams at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't been this excited for a game this year.

Martin and Danger both back. Lynch in goal kicking form along with Hawkins.

Despite the commentary focusing on GHF; the Roos, Collingwood; Degooey for the last month... Footy is great and it's refreshing to see some genuine commentary regarding this game and this round in general!

Go Cats

We barely scraped over the line vs WCE and are still without a few best 22 so it'll be a pretty big upset if Richmond chokes this one away on their home turf

We barely scraped over the line vs WCE and are still without a few best 22 so it'll be a pretty big upset if Richmond chokes this one away on their home turf
Lol "chokes". Nice try to play the underdog card.
Geelong are above us on the ladder and are the market favourites.

It would be nice to win but in my fixture predictions I have this one pencilled down as a loss. We can still get away with that without alarm given the rest of our games.

If we win this would be an unexpected win and potentially have us finishing higher than my current tip.

Like who? Parfitt? Anyone else? Do you realize that the Cats are actually favorites to win?

And it's also cats home turf.
Parfitt, Dangerfield, Henry, Holmes, Rohan. I think Danger may be back though. Cats were paying $2.10 vs Richmond's $1.77 when I checked yesterday.

Cats home turf is Kardinia Park - this game is at the MCG (lol check the fixture silly). Anyway, I forsee a loss for us in this game due to the aforementioned issues Geelong is facing. Richmond has been on fire lately.

Parfitt, Dangerfield, Henry, Holmes, Rohan. I think Danger may be back though. Cats were paying $2.10 vs Richmond's $1.77 when I checked yesterday.

Cats home turf is Kardinia Park - this game is at the MCG (lol check the fixture silly). Anyway, I forsee a loss for us in this game due to the aforementioned issues Geelong is facing. Richmond has been on fire lately.
Our recent form looks good in the W/L column that is true, but diving a bit deeper it's not as good as the media are hyping up. We've beaten 1 top 8 team in that recent run, and to be fair Carlton were destroyed by injury that game especially in defence, and I'm not too naive to say that as some are on Bigfooty when talking about opposition teams.

We just beat Port Adelaide, which is a reasonable win to be fair, but then after coughing up a 30 point lead against the Swans, the rest of the wins are against sides outside the top 8.

Although, the Collingwood win looks pretty good on paper now, beating Hawks, Eagles and Bombers is not that impressive...

Getting the wins, but very few of them are really impressive wins in the circumstances. Don't jump on the media hype just yet, we need to beat some genuine teams (like the Cats for example) for me to think we are a real contender.

Do you even follow your own team? Literally all those apart from Parfitt are available according to this report yesterday:

"Patrick Dangerfield is set to play his first game since round 10 when the Cats face Richmond at the MCG on Saturday. Jack Henry is in line for his first appearance since reinjuring his foot in round five. The 23-year-old returned in the VFL last weekend rather than making the trip to Perth and is ready to resume his season. Max Holmes also put his hand up to return after making a successful comeback against Werribee. Shaun Higgins has been cleared to play for the first time since round seven. Gary Rohan has exited health and safety protocols and will also be available for selection." - AFL.com.au

Pretty sure they're all available this week bar Parfitt. Cats are slight favorites now.

Yeah cats play home games at the G too.

Unfortunately the tigers have rediscovered their mojo! If they play like last week with 76 inside 50’s then they’ll win. Chaos vs control again! Chaos gets it done when it matters; seems cats haven’t learned. Tinkered with the idea of a new game plan for 5-6 weeks then when back to the style that doesn’t get it done in September!

This.
Typical Geelong poster.
Normally it's Jackflash that posts this type of reverse psychological garbage.
Richmonds outs are just as big if not bigger so it's a 50/50 at best.
For the record who are you missing from your best 22 with Rohan & Danger coming back??

Last edited:
Do you even follow your own team? Literally all those apart from Parfitt are available according to this report yesterday:

"Patrick Dangerfield is set to play his first game since round 10 when the Cats face Richmond at the MCG on Saturday. Jack Henry is in line for his first appearance since reinjuring his foot in round five. The 23-year-old returned in the VFL last weekend rather than making the trip to Perth and is ready to resume his season. Max Holmes also put his hand up to return after making a successful comeback against Werribee. Shaun Higgins has been cleared to play for the first time since round seven. Gary Rohan has exited health and safety protocols and will also be available for selection." - AFL.com.au
sorry legend I'm not on the match committee (like you obviously are since you speak in definites) so I can't rightly assume which injured players will be named until the team sheet is published.
This.
Typical Geelong poster.
Normally it's Jackflash that posts this type of reverse psychological garbage.
Richmonds outs are just as big if not bigger so it's a 50/50 at best.
For the record who are you missing from your best 22 with Rohan & Danger coming back??
I've already answered this question, keep up sweetie

Back