Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Demons v Lions Thurs June 23rd 7:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 39.2%
  • Demons by a lot

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Brisbane have looked flat for a while now, but the more concerning thing is Fagan looked genuinely worried last night.

There were plenty with the theory Melbourne were heavy loading at training with the three losses, now “bang” they freshen up after the bye and those theorists are vindicated?

Are Brisbane heavy loading now and playing the long game?

Do Brisbane have several key players under injury duress?

Bulldogs looked putrid at the end of 2021 home and away, then the engraver was practising their name half way through the third quarter of the grand final.

Brisbane were all over Melbourne in the first quarter, and the season is long. Carlton, Fremantle and Geelong are just as likely to fall off for a while.
Brisbane have clearly been loading the last few weeks, they've looked sluggish as all hell. They will rebound, no doubt.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Michael Hibberd needs some more love. completely blanketed Cameron out of the game. i don't think he even had a shot on goal. Brisbanes most dangerous player. Hibberd is, and always has been, our best small forward stopper.

Squarky

In the Blazer Bar
Oct 5, 2004
Oakleigh East
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Brisbane have clearly been loading the last few weeks, they've looked sluggish as all hell. They will rebound, no doubt.
This. I reckon the Dees went through a heavy training load after winning the first 10. Melbourne looked a completely different side tonight, and I'm backing the Lions to do the same.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Friday night game though, pretty piss poor for a club that’s on top of the ladder
Huh? Both games were Thursday nights at the MCG against an interstate team.

Melbourne drawing almost double the numbers on the back of a three game losing streak.

I guess the only conclusion to draw is Richmond supporters are only passionate when they are winning.

Dee Train

Celebrating superiority since 2021
Aug 17, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Michael Hibberd needs some more love. completely blanketed Cameron out of the game. i don't think he even had a shot on goal. Brisbanes most dangerous player. Hibberd is, and always has been, our best small forward stopper.
Yep he was huge. I was behind the goals at the GF and he had a one on one with Johanesson (can’t spell that blokes name) and he won it. It doesn’t look much on the tv but he was completely isolated on a vary dangerous player. It was a great play that encapsulates his defensive craft.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne too good, Lions did not fire a shot. Some weird decisions, Adams on Fritsch was a head scratcher.

Also zero chance 37k people were there, 20-25k max.

BringFevBack2021

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Melbourne too good, Lions did not fire a shot. Some weird decisions, Adams on Fritsch was a head scratcher.

youtube fashion GIF

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
How can you know if you're only looking on telly? Was v. cold last night and lots of old dees supporters were probably just at the indoor bars hiding from television cameras and cold weather.

lol righto

I was at the game, there definitely felt like 35k. A lot of the bars on level 2 were pretty full too. Heap of people outside the ground before and after the game as well

But I mean you watched it on tv, so what would I know

Squarky

In the Blazer Bar
Oct 5, 2004
Oakleigh East
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne

I was at the game and it certainly looked like 35k. It would have looked like far less on the TV, because crowds at Melbourne games are always disproprtionately in the MCC Reserve which don't show up on the TV shots.

LBJ6

Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
lol righto

I was at the game, there definitely felt like 35k. A lot of the bars on level 2 were pretty full too. Heap of people outside the ground before and after the game as well

But I mean you watched it on tv, so what would I know
Nah BS, there is clearly some MCG / MFC conspiracy here. Libba told me he watched a Russell Brand youtube video that delved into this - apparently Bill Gates is actually a lead donor to the MCG AND is a Melbourne supporter. When will you wake up???

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You could. But I would be disappointed if Brisbane don't get at least one finals win at home this season
You would be? I'd be absolutely filthy. One win at home from 4 attempts there in finals. Couldn't imagine that being 1 and 5 or 1 and 6. Thursday night has flattened me. Score board flattered us and we crumbled on the big stage. Again.

Ohwell. Onwards to a good looking bulldogs team. Sigh. Prepping for another loss.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You would be? I'd be absolutely filthy. One win at home from 4 attempts there in finals. Couldn't imagine that being 1 and 5 or 1 and 6. Thursday night has flattened me. Score board flattered us and we crumbled on the big stage. Again.

Ohwell. Onwards to a good looking bulldogs team. Sigh. Prepping for another loss.
Yeah well.....

You look back at Brisbane's recent years.

2018 yep they got 5 wins. That is weird considering that Brisbane got top 2 in 2019. Brisbane lost 5 games by 9 points or less. Should of got 8-10 wins that year.

2019: most people were shocked Brisbane got 2nd with 16 wins and good percentage. Should of got 5th In my opinion. Beaten by Richmond. You were gutted with that semi final loss vs GWS. Great game as a neutral.

2020: top 2 and beat Richmond narrowly in the QF. I was gutted with that preliminary final loss to Geelong. I would of loved a Brisbane vs Richmond grand final.

2021: got 4th by percentage. Brisbane loses to Melbourne. Then that infamous semi final loss to the dogs. I wanted Brisbane to win that game. Umpires got the dogs over the line.

I wished Brisbane finished 5th last season. That meant Brisbane would of belted Essendon in the Gabba. Instead of one win in 4 attempts. It would of been 2 out of 4.

Which is partially the reason why I rather see Freo get 5th this season rather than 4th. Get a home final and belt the 8th placed side

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

I wouldn’t get so flat. People were talking about Melbourne potentially dropping out of the 8 a week ago
FFS. Melbourne were going to put anyone to the sword on Thursday. Melbourne and Brisbane at their best are absolute top 2 locks.

The biggest threat either team faces is an in form and rejuvenated Richmond or Geelong with a different edge. Sydney might rattle some cages as well but I do feel Brisbane will get their act together. I just think there’s too much talent on the list.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah well.....

You look back at Brisbane's recent years.

2018 yep they got 5 wins. That is weird considering that Brisbane got top 2 in 2019. Brisbane lost 5 games by 9 points or less. Should of got 8-10 wins that year.

2019: most people were shocked Brisbane got 2nd with 16 wins and good percentage. Should of got 5th In my opinion. Beaten by Richmond. You were gutted with that semi final loss vs GWS. Great game as a neutral.

2020: top 2 and beat Richmond narrowly in the QF. I was gutted with that preliminary final loss to Geelong. I would of loved a Brisbane vs Richmond grand final.

2021: got 4th by percentage. Brisbane loses to Melbourne. Then that infamous semi final loss to the dogs. I wanted Brisbane to win that game. Umpires got the dogs over the line.

I wished Brisbane finished 5th last season. That meant Brisbane would of belted Essendon in the Gabba. Instead of one win in 4 attempts. It would of been 2 out of 4.

Which is partially the reason why I rather see Freo get 5th this season rather than 4th. Get a home final and belt the 8th placed side
I always felt last year we did miss an opportunity to destroy essendon. Ohwell. Hope the boys have moved on better then I have.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wouldn’t get so flat. People were talking about Melbourne potentially dropping out of the 8 a week ago
FFS. Melbourne were going to put anyone to the sword on Thursday. Melbourne and Brisbane at their best are absolute top 2 locks.

The biggest threat either team faces is an in form and rejuvenated Richmond or Geelong with a different edge. Sydney might rattle some cages as well but I do feel Brisbane will get their act together. I just think there’s too much talent on the list.
Fair melt from me I spose. Probs the expectations got the better of me. Chance to steady the ship against another decent team in a few night.

Back