Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Dogs v Hawks Fri June 24th 7pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just so happens we capitulated in the middle against the best of the best for a good part of three quarters. Was always going to be tough because the supply got cut off the backline got put under the pump and it was down hill.
Yeah, but many clubs do that against the dogs. Particularly when Libba is on song feeding it out.

But in terms of ruckman, the 2 guys were pretty much identical. Actually, I was surprised by the Doggies guy. Has only played 9 games now. Was he the guy other clubs tried to get from the Dogs during the trade period?

Plus the many other quotes... 10 out of 10 for biggest sooky la la tonight!

After reading through this entire thread, it is clearly poorer for your so called input. Are you generally this dull, or just when it comes to the Bulldogs?
Wouldn’t say I’m as dull as you, reading through a full thread but hey, you be you bruz

Hawks buried in no man’s land as expected.
Mitchell knew this during trade week but couldn’t find any takers …

He needs to build his team, particularly his own midfield rather than the one he inherited from Clarkson. Biggest issue by far is our midfield and watching the game last night, the gulf between the Dogs midfield and the Hawks was huge.

He needs to build his team, particularly his own midfield rather than the one he inherited from Clarkson. Biggest issue by far is our midfield and watching the game last night, the gulf between the Dogs midfield and the Hawks was huge.

Agreed,
Mitchell knows the score but circumstances wouldn’t/won’t allow him to address the task as he would like too …

Btw … love your username
Big ol’ Rusty Brookes 👍

The 2 ruckman virtually had the same stats in this game.

Disposals: 8 v 7
Hitouts: 31 v 32
Clearances: 4 v 3
Goals: 1 v 1
Games played: 13 v 9

Can safely say they broke even.
Doggies midfield just on another level. But would be against most midfields this year.

Yeah they played well. When Libba plays like that they’re hard to beat in there as Macrae is always good, and Bont isn’t as consistent but is better more often than not.

Forward line looks functional now Bevo is playing a proper structure with two taller players supporting Naughton - who now doesn’t have three defenders hanging off him at every forward entry.

Issue is the defence - still pretty poor. Teams walk through in transition and we can’t stop marking forwards. Suspect this will be shown in the coming weeks against the top 6-8 teams unless the mids can dominate (which is hard to do against the top teams).

Lots to like about the hawks future though. Couple more good ball users and another inside mid or two who can take it up to the top midfields and they’ll be up there.

In that case I will apologize for my comment and remove it, all I meant was that it probably wasn’t the best idea to try and get involved in the scuffle
Yeah I totally agree with you, I wasn’t trying to be a dick when I told you to rewatch it. Apologies if I came across as one!

Still patchy by the Dogs, loose early a bit like last week.

Upped the pressure, got on top but still allowed a well beaten side to kick 7 in the last. Consecutive 6 day breaks with consecutive interstate travel in the back of their minds.

Libba is bloody awesome when in that form, JUH is starting to clunk some marks and Schache's importance to our structure is understated. We seem more functional up forward when he is at CHF, although his output is only modest. Can mark, kick and needs minding whilst taking attention away from Naughton.

Next two weeks will see where we sit. Three interstate trips in 4 weeks is tough with 6 day day breaks.

The 2 ruckman virtually had the same stats in this game.

Disposals: 8 v 7
Hitouts: 31 v 32
Clearances: 4 v 3
Goals: 1 v 1
Games played: 13 v 9

Can safely say they broke even.
Doggies midfield just on another level. But would be against most midfields this year.
Fair, but even Bulldogs supporters would acknowledge Reeves seems to have way more upside than Sweet

The dogs need a forwards coach who can teach their big forwards to not compete with each other in the air. They need to all become targets at the same time by being separate targets, not a target pack. It will not play to the strengths of those defenses that like to defend and spoil together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who'd want to join your rabble

You do realise Naughton isn't originally from WA and said he has no plans to go there

english and his partner bought a house here this year

so you know.. derp
When did Aaron tell you that?
Tim said the melb house is purely an investment, he considers his house in Perth as a home.

Fair, but even Bulldogs supporters would acknowledge Reeves seems to have way more upside than Sweet
I just commented they broke even. Didn't say one was better than the other. I've never heard of Sweet to be honest, so was surprised how he performed given he hasn't even played 10 games yet.

In any case, just like Cameron at the Pies, if Sweet had half a dozen games as your primary ruck, he may well prove to be better. Again, he played his 9th game. How many of them have been as the main ruckman?

Last edited:
Back