Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 15 - Port v Suns Sun June 26th 4:10pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

7451958B-F129-4E71-902F-B04AE94A8918.png
12TH V 11TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 15
PORT ADELAIDE V GOLD COAST SUNS
SUNDAY JUNE 26TH 4:10PM EST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

POWER

B: R.Burton, T.Jonas, D.Houston
HB: R.Bonner, A.Aliir, D.Byrne-Jones
C: K.Amon, W.Drew, K.Farrell
HF: J.Mead, T.Marshall, C.Rozee
F: M.Georgiades, C.Dixon, S.Powell-Pepper
FOLL: J.Finlayson, O.Wines, T.Boak

I/C (from): S.Motlop, X.Duursma, T.McKenzie, M.Bergman, L.Jones, J.Burgoyne, T.Schofield, M.Frederick

IN: T.Boak, S.Motlop, T.McKenzie, M.Bergman, J.Burgoyne, T.Schofield
OUT: T.Clurey (HS Protocol), Z.Butters, B.Teakle (both injured)

SUNS
B: S.Lemmens, S.Collins, C.Graham
HB: O.Markov, C.Ballard, J.Farrar
C: D.Swallow, N.Anderson, B.Ellis
HF: B.Ainsworth, M.Chol, N.Holman
F: I.Rankine, L.Casboult, S.Flanders
FOLL: J.Witts, M.Rowell, T.Miller

I/C (from): R.Atkins, J.Bowes, C.Burgess, A.Davies, S.Day, B.Fiorini, E.Hollands, M.Rosas

IN: R.Atkins, C.Burgess, B.Fiorini, S.Day, E.Hollands, M.Rosas
OUT: J.Jeffrey, C.Budarick, W.Powell (all injured)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited:
I don't see us getting over the line here but I haven't watched Port this year. They took a good scalp in Sydney last week and seem to be playing well after a pretty ordinary start to the season. Gone with Port for 20 or under.

We haven't beaten Port since 2011 when Westhoff missed the set shot after the siren.

Huge game, moreso for the Suns than Port. They've never won at AO and they haven't beaten Port since their very first win. If they win this, I think they'll play finals, this is probably their 2nd toughest fixture in their run home behind Brisbane at the Gabba (I guess they have Geelong too, but I'd back them at home).

Last edited:
Without building this one up too much, this match could very well be the difference between us playing finals and just missing. I think our next month of footy is going to determine whether we play finals this year - Port away, Collingwood home, Richmond home and Essendon away. Two wins would be a pass mark IMO opinion, three wins should mean finals and four wins essentially guarantees it. Important to point out that we still have North, West Coast and Hawthorn to come later in the season so that should mean another three wins. We've got seven wins so far and you probably need 13 to play finals so three in the next month and three in the final month should seal it. We'll also have free hits at Brisbane and Geelong.

So when you consider the circumstances, this is a game we really need to win if we want to play finals because you don't want to be chasing upset wins against teams like Brisbane or Geelong later on just because you dropped one against a lower ranked team like Port. I just hope our boys understand how big this game is and I know the Port players understand because a loss here essentially ends their season. If you can't get up for a game like this then you probably don't deserve to play finals anyway. Also, if it rains during the game then I like our chances a lot more.

Definitely nervous but also very excited for this one!

Would have just tipped Suns before Powell and Budarick got injured. Now leaning the other way. Hoping for a Hollands or Faulkhead or Andrew debut.
Budarick is a chance to play (probably corky not hamstring). No chance for Faulkhead or Andrew to debut. Hollands could replace Jeffrey but it will be probably Burgess who is on fire in VFL (13 goals in last 2 games).

Leaning to Port, but the fact that we are discussing finals possibilities at Rd 15 for the Suns is massive.

Powell and Budarick, along with Weller the week before are massive losses and really limit our rebound off HB to Markov and seemingly Atkins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going into this game a bit unsettled. Just hope Motlop doesn't get a golden pass back into the team.

"Port Adelaide have lost two defensive linchpins to COVID-19 protocols with Darcy Byrne-Jones and Tom Clurey ruled out of Sunday's vital clash against Gold Coast."

"Influential midfielder Zak Butters (knee) and mid-season draftee Brynn Teakle (broken collarbone) are sidelined for the Adelaide Oval fixture against the 11th-placed Suns, who are one win ahead of Port on the ladder."

A win for Gold Coast will be huge in the context of their AFL Life and the competition in general. Win here and the belief that they can play finals will be sky high. They are a young group and club where any taste of finals will be massive for the club and for Australian Rules football in the Gold Coast region.

For Port its the complete opposite. A win here and its just kicking the can down the road for mathematical chances to play finals even though everybody knows if we make it (which we won't) we will be making up the numbers. It will keep this failed coach and failed regime in charge much to the clubs ongoing detriment.

For the sake of Football and all that is good and pure in the world, please Gold Coast win this!

Port by 23 points

Going into this game a bit unsettled. Just hope Motlop doesn't get a golden pass back into the team.

"Port Adelaide have lost two defensive linchpins to COVID-19 protocols with Darcy Byrne-Jones and Tom Clurey ruled out of Sunday's vital clash against Gold Coast."

"Influential midfielder Zak Butters (knee) and mid-season draftee Brynn Teakle (broken collarbone) are sidelined for the Adelaide Oval fixture against the 11th-placed Suns, who are one win ahead of Port on the ladder."

IN: Boak, McKenzie, Motlop

lol.

Reckon this will be a mini elimination final...the loser defs won't be in the 8 come September, whilst the winner jumps another hurdle

Yes, very important game for both teams but I would say it's an elimination final only for Port.

If Port lose it's over for them.

If Suns lose both teams will have 7 wins and still have a chance to make finals although less likely and I would predict both teams will not make it. Next game at home against Collingwood would then be Suns an elimination final.

If Suns win they will have 8 wins and 6 losses and their chance to make finals increases significantly.

I predict Port will win at home. Suns had never won at Adelaide Oval. But there is always a first time. Suns play good contested footy and play as a team.

Looking forward to see how the midfield battle goes. As usual, that's where it will be won. Witts vs Finlayson will be interesting. Will Port be able to shark Witts taps or will Suns take advantage?

Port contest, work rate, pressure was excellent against Swans. Suns have to match it to have any chance.

Last edited:
Reckon this will be a mini elimination final...the loser defs won't be in the 8 come September, whilst the winner jumps another hurdle

Yes for Port, not quite for the Suns.

Realistically, the Suns need to win 2 of the next 3 (or get very lucky) to make finals.

Port in Adelaide, Collingwood & Richmond at home.

Losing to Port will make it tougher, but if we're to make finals, these 3 are exactly the sort of teams we need to beat, both for the 4 pts and them being the competition for those spots in the 8. They're all '8 point games' in a sense.

Head says we'll be underdog in all 3 games, but they ARE all winnable, so the heart still has plenty of hope.

Yes for Port, not quite for the Suns.

Realistically, the Suns need to win 2 of the next 3 (or get very lucky) to make finals.

Port in Adelaide, Collingwood & Richmond at home.

Losing to Port will make it tougher, but if we're to make finals, these 3 are exactly the sort of teams we need to beat, both for the 4 pts and them being the competition for those spots in the 8. They're all '8 point games' in a sense.

Head says we'll be underdog in all 3 games, but they ARE all winnable, so the heart still has plenty of hope.
If Suns can't get over Port, they won't get over the other two who are tougher assignments at present IMO

A win for Gold Coast will be huge in the context of their AFL Life and the competition in general. Win here and the belief that they can play finals will be sky high. They are a young group and club where any taste of finals will be massive for the club and for Australian Rules football in the Gold Coast region.

For Port its the complete opposite. A win here and its just kicking the can down the road for mathematical chances to play finals even though everybody knows if we make it (which we won't) we will be making up the numbers. It will keep this failed coach and failed regime in charge much to the clubs ongoing detriment.

For the sake of Football and all that is good and pure in the world, please Gold Coast win this!

Port by 23 points

You guys really want Kern gone don't you ? :)

Feeling good about this one. I think our boys are primed for a big performance in a hostile away environment. Need to channel round 8 vibes when we showed up to the SCG and beat the Swans.

Not that it means much but we gave Port a touch up in the preseason earlier this year when we faced them at Metricon. Our boys came out firing and really pressured the Port boys into making a lot of mistakes in that game so I'm hoping to see something similar tomorrow.

Suns by 22 points.

Would’ve felt a lot more confident if Weller, Powell, Budarick and Jeffrey were out there, even more so if King and Lukosuis were also uninjured. So much drive and skill removed from the team in just a few weeks.
As it is I’m expecting a loss between 12 to 30 points. Port has never forgiven us for pulling their pants down in 2011 and I don’t expect that to change today. Would love to be wrong.

Back