Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 16 - Blues v Saints Fri July 1st 7:50pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 29 44.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

7A7081C7-5FCA-4B36-B1FD-142D52AB37B9.png
5TH V 10TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
CARLTON V ST KILDA
FRIDAY JULY 30TH 7:50PM EST (MARVEL)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

BLUES

B: Kemp, Young, Saad
HB: Newman, Plowman, Docherty
C: Fisher, Cripps, Newnes
HF: Silvagni, C.Curnow, Walsh
F: Motlop, McKay, Honey
FOLL: De Koning, Cerra, Hewett

I/C: Cottrell, Kennedy, O’Brien, C.Durdin
EMG: Hayes, Stocker, Setterfield, Dow

IN: Cerra
OUT: Boyd (injured), Setterfield (sub)

SAINTS
B: Wilkie, Battle, Webster
HB: Sinclair, Howard, Clark
C: Billings, Ross, Hill
HF: Membrey, Windhager, Wood
F: Butler, King, Marshall
FOLL: Ryder, Steele, Gresham

I/C: Jones, Wanganeen-Milera, Crouch, Higgins
EMG: Highmore, Long, Byrnes, Joyce

IN: Hill, Wood, Ryder, Higgins
OUT: Sharman, Long, Joyce, Paton, Byrnes (all omitted)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Carlton Respects game

Tonight marks the Blues’ seventh annual Carlton Respects game. For the first time, the Club will be wearing a Carlton Respects guernsey as well as its orange socks to raise awareness for gender equality for the prevention of violence against women. The Carlton Respects program reaches 10,000 primary school students and workplaces in the community and seeks to educate young students and workplaces about respect and equality.

42 seconds of silence

The lights at Marvel Stadium will be switched off at 7.30pm for a 42-second silence, with 42 lights appearing on-ground to commemorate the 42 women who lost their lives at the hands of a current or former partner in 2021.

Walk a Mile in Their Shoes

Also launched this week was the Walk a Mile in Their Shoes podcast which tells stories of those who have experienced or been victims of gender equality or domestic violence. Each episode covers a different theme, using the experiences of the guests to help show the complexity often associated with acts of gender inequality. You can listen to the first three episodes here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Sainters, looking forward to this with some glee. Nothing personal, it's wholly selfish happiness at the prospect of getting back to wins on the trot.

May the best team win.

How is it an 8 point game?
Just a common saying when two teams face off that are fighting for a similar spot on the ladder.
In a normal week when we don't play the Saints, we can win our game, but the Saints have the chance to also win their game. Keeping us both on the same amount of points and the gap stagnant.
In this game, if we win, the Saints automatically lose, or vice versa. In other words, if we get the 4 points, they CAN'T get the 4 points. Draw aside, it guarantees that either the gap between the two teams will widen, or narrow. Currently 2 games ahead. Will either be 3 games ahead, or one game ahead (an 8 point swing), but it won't stay at a 2 game gap (again, assuming no draw).

Drama Love GIF by euphoria
Good Night GIF

Well this is gonna be a crazy game

I watched a bit of the Saints last week, either Swans are flag material or Saints are poo. I believe it is the latter.

So Carlton are footy bet of the year, $1.90 to win by 8 points plus, nutso odds after these sides recent form. I got on big time, double my money in two hours of footy. Beats mowing lawns this week, will have a week off on the winnings :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They didn't bounce back after the Bombers, what makes this any different?
Well that’s easy. They were playing far superior opposition last week than what they’re coming up against this week 😝

Jokes aside, teams bouncing back from poor form rarely make much sense. That’s why I said I won’t be surprised if they bounce back. Would I back them? No not even with your money. But a Saints win still wouldn’t shock or surprise me.

Carlton has really struggled to contain big key fowards. Fremantle doesn't have any of note which really helped our depleted backline last week.

In prior weeks we made Mason Cox look elite, Tom Lynch kicked a bag, and even Sam Draper kicked a couple on us.

Max King and Tom Membrey will need to have BIG nights because it's going to take 15+ goals to win this game.

Despite Kane Cornes pumping up his tires mid week Tom DeKoning is set to be absolutely slaughtered (again) :eek:

Carlton has really struggled to contain big key fowards. Fremantle doesn't have any of note which really helped our depleted backline last week.

In prior weeks we made Mason Cox look elite, Tom Lynch kicked a bag, and even Sam Draper kicked a couple on us.

Max King and Tom Membrey will need to have BIG nights because it's going to take 15+ goals to win this game.

Despite Kane Cornes pumping up his tires mid week Tom DeKoning is set to be absolutely slaughtered (again) :eek:
Since when did 3 goals become a bag?

Back